Official 2018 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread : Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Urias become a starter or will he always come out of the pen?
Urias will be a starter.

Odds for next year out. Red Sox and Astros co faves at 6-1. Yankees and dodgers second at 7-1. Imagine we make it back again and lose to the Yankees. Three in a row losses. Lmao.

Also saw on twitter kersh has three days to let the dodgers know if he’s opting out.

Sad bro ... as reckless as he is, he gives it his all.

I really would like to see what happens next, Kenley is bound to get surgery and will be out a significant amount of time - although he should get the Broxton treatment, he will get a pass due to medical reasons ...

Doc? Expect a multi-year extension ... he will continue to be the nerds puppet.

Kershaw? I'm so done with this dude, but I just don't see the dorks letting him go, they'll rework his contract and we'll be stuck wishing they didnt ... and if I hear this dude say "we have unfinished business ..." :smh:

Our lineup and pitchers are so lefty heavy man, our lineup can be easily neutralized once they throw a lefty out there ... don't see Harper coming to L.A.

Manny is done, not an L.A dude, he'll be in pinstripes.

Kersh will be back. SP market is too weak this winter. No choice. He'll dominate the regular season again. But he better not be our #1 if we make the playoffs. Buehler the captain now :smh:

Hopefully Seager and Verdugo can help this pathetic offense next season :smh:

Need a veteran solid catcher too. We have 2 top prospects at catcher but they're still 2-3 years away. Just need someone to fill the gap.

BP needs fixing too. We got money to spend but Nerds act like we got TB Rays payroll :smh:

Been a fun season. See yall in Winter Meetings :nerd:

There was an LA based reporter (forgot his name) on MLB network yesterday and he said the nerds have a certain cockiness to themselves and feel that everything they’re doing is the right move

I'm for Dave being extended. Outside of perhaps Joe Maddon I don't see who else the FO can get that's better. Dave has made some mistakes but I trust he'll be better for it, and it says a lot that the guys have really played for him. Kershaw is no longer that guy but I'd be happy to see him back if the finances are proper.

There's relief arms on the market so I expect the Dodgers to be active on that end. If Kikuchi posts from Japan, he'd be a good end of rotation guy that I also expect LA to be in the running for. Hopefully Ryu returns on at least a one year deal. As for the bats, they are who they are. Wouldn't be surprised if the Dodgers ate most of Kemp's remaining $ and ship him to an AL squad for some low-end hybrid guys that have decent contact rates.

You can tell how much it hurt Puig to hit that homer and be the hero of game 4 and in the end take the L. He wanted that one. He’s grown a lot since the last year or the year before.

Messy season overall. Like I said before, started as a disaster and ended as a disaster.

There’s only a handful of players with contracts for 2019, most of the guys are arb eligible or pre-arb.

Pitching market is very thin, I say keep Kershaw and hope the injuries are behind him and somehow he can regain a little velocity on the fastball. Ironically the best starter on the market is probably Eovaldi (edit: I don’t expect any of the top tier guys to leave their teams). Haven’t heard any rumors about Ryu’s future. We could go with Kershaw-Buehler-Hill-Maeda-Urias/Ryu assuming Ryu doesn’t leave or we don’t make any moves. Wood is arb eligible let him walk.

Bullpen needs a tuneup. Jansen as shaky as he has been has the contract and is the closer. The other bullpen guys are under team control. Thanks for nothing Madson peace out. A LOOGY would be the only major piece I’d add and then go from there.

Machado is a clown and undisciplined, peace out to you. Dozier washed you can go too. Same for Yas but I don’t see a better starter on the market and I don’t want to go with Barnes everyday. The rest of the lineup is pretty much set unless you want to pick up Harper and shuffle the deck a bit. That plus the void at second puts Taylor at 2nd and Joc or Kiké in CF? Or Kiké at 2nd and Joc/Taylor in CF. Please comebyke strong Corey.

Dave is reportedly getting a long term extension so that’s that. Was watching intentional talk earlier Chris Rose commented that Friedman and the FO need to be transparent as to how things work re: Dave and management/lineup decision. They don’t have to but at least we’d know where to correctly focus our collective rage lol.

Can’t go through this again next year. 2019 World Champs or bust.

Last edited:
If they give Dave a long term deal, it's just because he is a mouth piece.

I'm growing frustrated with anyalitcs. I understand that's where the game is going, but Dave got out managed by a guy who went with his gut and made the right moves.

Dave has a history of making wrong moves and to put madson in 3 times to get rocked each time...yeah man. I need him gone but we will see what comes from this.

If they give Dave a long term deal, it's just because he is a mouth piece.

I'm growing frustrated with anyalitcs. I understand that's where the game is going, but Dave got out managed by a guy who went with his gut and made the right moves.

Dave has a history of making wrong moves and to put madson in 3 times to get rocked each time...yeah man. I need him gone but we will see what comes from this.

This. Analytics should be a framework but in-game situational decisions cannot be predetermined and have to be made on the spot by humans.

You can tell how much it hurt Puig to hit that homer and be the hero of game 4 and in the end take the L. He wanted that one. He’s grown a lot since the last year or the year before.

2019 World Champs or bust.

Exactly man. That was his moment in history. I’ll never forget it.

And you’re right. Champs or bust.

Crazy to think that they are low key a dynasty.

Last three years combined, they’re 10 wins away from being B2B2B champs.

But they ain’t **** without it.

I'm waiting for a sale on the white jerseys with the 60th anniversary patches. Either going Seager or no name :nerd:

Has the sale started yet?
D38B9D5E-6A1E-46DE-AF6E-A5373E54EE61.jpeg

https://www.fanatics.com/dr-pepper/x-1952+z-989576265-2368683502

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom