Official 2018 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread : Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
They consistently compete for and win championships, so they’ve been vindicated in my eyes for the most part.

This is probably going to be an unpopular take. But the Dodgers lost 2 games at home in that 2017 World Series. Doesn’t vindicate the Astros reputation in any way. But that World Series was much more the Dodgers underperforming than it was the Astros cheating.

The Astros didn’t cause them to constantly crap the bed and underperform in October 100 win season after season. They pretty much revamped their entire roster outside of Altuve, Bregman and Verlander and proceeded to win another World Series and make deep October runs every year despite losing a bunch of their core guys. Long layoffs between the season ending and the division series haven’t hurt them in the playoffs either.

The black cloud of their 2017 scandal is going to stick with them forever, but all their success well beyond the fallout from the scandal is part of their story as well regardless if people want to acknowledge it or not.

Happy I’m saving money on playoff tickets and World Series gear lol
alonzo-mourning-gary-payton.gif

They consistently compete for and win championships, so they’ve been vindicated in my eyes for the most part.
Vindicated? Nah. I give them props for winning last year but if The Athletic didn’t cook with that investigation they still may be doing it in some shape or form. They developed some guys after being trash for so long, and hit the lotto with Yordan in that trade, so hats off to them but I’d never want to be associated with the crap they did.

Keys to next year.

Getting starting pitching.

Remind Mookie and Freddie that you still have to hit the ball in October and possibly November to win a world series.

Don't win 100 games or the division.

What am I missing?

Keys to next year.

Getting starting pitching.

Remind Mookie and Freddie that you still have to hit the ball in October and possibly November to win a world series.

Don't win 100 games or the division.

What am I missing?
Get Ohtani. Should be our #1 goal IMO :nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom