Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
went back a few pages and read up on how some folk took exception to tatum buying a $200k car. i'm not sure why we'd question his decision, but something tells me perception is everything..was just driving to my girl's parent's place, which is located in a wealthy suburb of the Bay Area. couldnt help but notice that there a bunch of young white dudes, who probably get breaded out by either tech or consulting companies, mobbin around in $120k tesla X models. In all likelihood, they are making crumbs in comparison to tatum but no one tells them, "yall needa be humble and get an accord."

went back a few pages and read up on how some folk took exception to tatum buying a $200k car. i'm not sure why we'd question his decision, but something tells me perception is everything..was just driving to my girl's parent's place, which is located in a wealthy suburb of the Bay Area. couldnt help but notice that there a bunch of young white dudes, who probably get breaded out by either tech or consulting companies, mobbin around in $120k tesla X models. In all likelihood, they are making crumbs in comparison to tatum but no one tells them, "yall needa be humble and get an accord."

Your girls folks live in Walnut Creek? Everybody got a Tesla out here.

Regarding Tatum, it mainly has to do with the fact that the majority of athletes are broke just a couple of years after they were tired. In my opinion it's an over-correction of how they view athletes and their money. Now any time a young black athlete makes a big purchase (big house, car, jewelry) people say "oh he's gonna regret that in 20 years", "why not get something more reasonable", etc.

When people see the middle aged white guy get out of a $200, 000 car nobody bats an eye, they see young black guy get out of the same car and people think he's wasting his money or he can't afford it.

Generally speaking, people need to stop pocket watching.

Last edited:
Jayson Tatum's mother has common sense so i'm sure she OK'd it for him to purchase the $200K car. Makes enough to where its not more than 5-10% of his total income.

Regarding that ESPN predictions for standings and seeding. Lakers were 10th in the West. LeBron alone makes them at least a 6th seed. Can't believe they had UTA as a 2 seed in the West. I do think OKC will be knocked out in the first round again.

Jayson Tatum's mother has common sense so i'm sure she OK'd it for him to purchase the $200K car. Makes enough to where its not more than 5-10% of his total income.

Regarding that ESPN predictions for standings and seeding. Lakers were 10th in the West. LeBron alone makes them at least a 6th seed. Can't believe they had UTA as a 2 seed in the West. I do think OKC will be knocked out in the first round again.

Doubt Tatum listening to his mama on what to buy with his money. I sure wouldn’t :lol:

And he was dolo...came out with just a scratch, still performed....and made THEM ***** apologize.

5378E00C-FD27-47FA-B895-3ECC3462FEC5.jpeg

You better get right....or 27 straight missed 3s after a Cp3 injury in a closeout game may happen again...

If those dudes wore size 13 pants instead of 10, he’d be in a morgue, right where his music is

Reactions: OTG
Your girls folks live in Walnut Creek? Everybody got a Tesla out here.

Regarding Tatum, it mainly has to do with the fact that the majority of athletes are broke just a couple of years after they were tired. In my opinion it's an over-correction of how they view athletes and their money. Now any time a young black athlete makes a big purchase (big house, car, jewelry) people say "oh he's gonna regret that in 20 years", "why not get something more reasonable", etc.

When people see the middle aged white guy get out of a $200, 000 car nobody bats an eye, they see young black guy get out of the same car and people think he's wasting his money or he can't afford it.

Generally speaking, people need to stop pocket watching.

My G, you were spot on about everything...including the Walnut Creek guess :lol: im pretty surprised people outside of the bay know about this city considering just how small it is

Y'all been trying to drag my GOAT through #BlackMaleHell but even the false prophet is a believer.

45 and fox news making it hard not to root for lebron. Major props to him for his commitment to education.

**** Bootsy DeVos, this broad got a $40 million yacht while schools in the nation’s capital aint even got drinkable water

What’s wrong with Jayson Tatum buying a 200k car? I know y’all ain’t hating that hard in here...

Rich people usually lease their cars.
It wouldn't be smart to own something that depreciates or waste money on the maintenance fees.
Plus they usually want the latest vehicles/technology.

However, 200k is basically pocket change to Tatum.

How they treat the bruvas out there? :nerd:

Always wanted to go. That’s the place with Aurora Borealis right?

Yes or also referred to as The Northern Lights. You gotta go in the Winter months to see them though and the season is mad short and you have to get lucky to actually see them. We got tickets to some boat ride at night and you could faintly see them that night but it’s worth a try.

Not gonna lie....all the other black folks I saw were tourists and one night I got tried on the lowest of keys. Was walking back in Reykjavik from dinner or something and these young Icelandic dudes got in my face speaking their native language and I had to push a dude and tell him to **** off. I was HOT when I got back to the telly. Almost went back to put hands on them but realized I’m not about that being detained life.

Some pics from my trip last August. Def wished I went in the winter time instead but flights were dirt cheap in the “offseason”

storm2006 storm2006

C283F8BD-17AA-4609-ACD2-0BC862EBC078.jpeg
778A3652-0658-48CD-9A29-673AC0E33A90.jpeg
5F268915-803D-48E4-9711-C4097B9638EC.jpeg
28B38F01-AAB0-408F-A4BE-5118D4419188.jpeg
E24B907C-9377-4790-9201-DFD3E3EB73CC.jpeg

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Never been, but I've heard Iceland is really expensive.

THIS. No broke bois for sure. Because of all the tourists they tax alcohol like CRAZY. I don’t really care about money but you’re scratching your head when a cocktail is as much as your entree.

1CF26483-13CD-4BBC-AA77-73F9C5258F16.jpeg

Round trip only 280..... Groupon has a deal in Iceland too. Might have to be my 30th bday trip

DO IT!!

you can’t even see the northern lights around this time, that’s why Iceland prices so cheap

I flew direct from BWI and I think my ticket was $350 during season.

How’s the yamb diversity in Iceland tho? I like flavors when I travel, only seen vanilla in them pics

It's ICELAND my dude :lol:

:lol: Yambs are hit or miss but there’s a lot of tourists to feast on too. Make sure you go to the Blue Lagoon. SOOOOOO many yambs. Joints were doing photo shoots out there and **** :lol: #EasyGame

My brother went to Iceland this past year and he was in love with it. He already planned another trip.

I’m definitely planning on going back in the future during prime Northern Lights time.

IMG-20180425-WA0046.jpg
IMG-20180425-WA0053.jpg
IMG-20180427-WA0016.jpg
IMG-20180427-WA0028.jpg
IMG-20180425-WA0065.jpg

Iceland is a beautiful country. So raw in nature. It's like if Ikea lands on Mars.

One thing to keep in mind is that everything there is so expensive. Like 4 to 5 times more expensive.

I went a couple of months back and my wife and i packed canned food from here, we also had a costco membership so we stocked up a bit from constco over there. We ate out once every two days and saved a ton.

I had no clue how expensive it was. I think food prices was on par with good American restaurants but the alcohol was next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom