Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you compare the past two years, Gobert has a more efficient field goal percentage and has less turnovers on the offensive end.

gobert is okay but wtf top 10-15 has to be a troll lol.

hes not that much better if at all then drummond....it can go either way in my eyes.....gobert is a lil better but drummond is consisent.....

If you compare the past two years, Gobert has a more efficient field goal percentage and has less turnovers on the offensive end.

Fewer touches on offense. Majority of his shots come from with in 5 ft.

Van Gundy asked Drummond to expand his range.

Y’all gotta stop presenting stuff as irrefutable facts without context.

Gobert’s also had way better playmakers around him too. Plus one of the better X and O coaches

THIS.

Quinn Snyder and Donovan Mitchell and in the past Hayward >>>>>> Every player on Detroit’s roster for a full season since Drummond entered the league.

Fewer touches on offense. Majority of his shots come from with in 5 ft.

Van Gundy asked Drummond to expand his range.

Y’all gotta stop presenting stuff as irrefutable facts without context.
Why does Gobert need to expand his range when he's already very efficient in the paint?
Only argument you could make is that Drummond is obviously better than Gobert at rebounding in general.

Why does Gobert need to expand his range when he's already very efficient in the paint?
Only argument you could make is that Drummond is obviously better than Gobert at rebounding in general.

I didn’t say that he needed to expand his range. I was saying Drummond was asked to, hence the markedly lower Fg%.

We can just ignore that Quinn Snyder is a significantly better coach and Utah has surrounded Gobert with significantly better talent though. Gobert is asked to play defense and dive on p&r. It’ll be interesting to see what Casey does with Drummond moving forward because van Gundy didn’t have a clue.

Gobert is a better defender and not as abysmal at the line. Drummond is better on offense and attracts more attention from opposing defenses. Drummond is also one of the best rebounders since Moses Malone. Gobert is not in that conversation.

Gobert has the DPOY hardware and that’s gonna trump everything Drummond has accomplished. I understand that. It’s not entirely fair, but I get it.

There’s plenty of arguments that can be made for Drummond. Whether you want to acknowledge them is the real debate.

Last edited:
Gobert is used more as a roll man/ cutter than Drummond. only 3.6% of his possessions are deemed post ups.

Drummond's offense was 27% offensive rebounds. 16% cuts and 13% post ups. Drummond became a playmaker though

I didn’t say that he needed to expand his range. I was saying Drummond was asked to, hence the markedly lower Fg%.

We can just ignore that Quinn Snyder is a significantly better coach and Utah has surrounded Gobert with significantly better talent though.

Gobert is a better defender and not as abysmal at the line. Drummond is better on offense and attracts more attention from opposing defenses.

Gobert has the DPOY hardware and that’s gonna trump everything Drummond has accomplished. I understand that. It’s not entirely fair, but I get it.

There’s plenty of arguments that can be made for Drummond. Whether you want to acknowledge them is the real debate.
So you're saying SVG is a far worse coach than Snyder? The same guy that had Dwight Howard during his Magic career and was able to get to the NBA Finals at one point?
Drummond does have worse teammates than Gobert has had the past two years I will give you that. Still rather have Gobert over Drummond on my team due to efficiency and being a better defensive anchor, even though Drummond possesses more post moves that Gobert.

So you're saying SVG is a far worse coach than Snyder? The same guy that had Dwight Howard during his Magic career and was able to get to the NBA Finals at one point?

Van Gundy in Orlando has absolutely nothing to do with the mess Van Gundy made in Detroit.

Snyder has been a top 5 coach the last 2-3 seasons. Van Gundy has been a complete joke and had complete autonomy when it came to roster decisions.

Notice how nobody is rushing to hire him right now? I wonder why.

Van Gundy in Orlando has absolutely nothing to do with the mess Van Gundy made in Detroit.

Snyder has been a top 5 coach the last 2-3 seasons. Van Gundy has been a complete joke and had complete autonomy when it came to roster decisions.

Notice how nobody is rushing to hire him right now? I wonder why.
He just got fired three months ago and most of the NBA coaching positions were filled already within the month he was fired.
I'm sure he will be given a job soon next season, just probably not as a part of the front office definitely. That is if he drops his ego to let others do the personnel picking.

He just got fired three months ago and most of the NBA coaching positions were filled already within the month he was fired.
I'm sure he will be given a job soon next season, just probably not as a part of the front office definitely. That is if he drops his ego to let others do the personnel picking.

True that his firing put him in a spot where he was unlikely to be hired for the upcoming season. But Dwayne Casey was fired around the same time and resurfaced immediately.

But they definitely interviewed him and to me he sounded a little resigned to the fact that that may have been his last head coaching gig.

I think he said he may end up taking a teaching job.

free Andre Drummond

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 8.55.22 PM.png

Late to the party of the RJ Barrett comps, but I see a lot of Jalen Rose in his game. Upright, not yet a knock down shooter but a scorer, crafty with some hints of athleticism, good vision/unselfish point forwardish skillset

Thought that it was Kidd-Gilchrist in a summer Pro-Am game

JESUS.

Magic gotta fine him for this.

We laugh but if you think about it, Jordan came out to Vegas or wherever he was during the summer to sign him, Bird brought him back and told him he should have never left and gave him a decent contract, and now Magic and Bron are vouching for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom