Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wouldn't say all that lol

1s and 2s to 15 is fine.

from a math standpoint, a 3 being 1.5x worth of a 2 is more realistic than a 2 being 2x worth of a 1 tho.

Yep, that is what we have been saying.

And of course I wasn't being serious with the math comment, not sure why it was taken seriously.

but I think we just play 1/2 so much that we don't think twice about how offsetting the math ends up being

Eye find this VERY hard to believe. And if this were true, why would people's basketball preferences tell you that they failed middle school math? their transcripts would TELL you clearly.
We can play along if you are really this gullible

Has anyone ever asked DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican how he ended up on a site for dudes who are addicted to buying sneakers

You honestly never really struck me as a sneakerhead type of dude. Nothing wrong with that but I want to know how you decided to stick around here

Has anyone ever asked DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican how he ended up on a site for dudes who are addicted to buying sneakers

You honestly never really struck me as a sneakerhead type of dude. Nothing wrong with that but I want to know how you decided to stick around here
It has been explained before.

Go find the, "How did you end up here" thread. We have a solid search engine here

Yep, that is what we have been saying.

And of course I wasn't being serious with the math comment, not sure why it was taken seriously.

but I think we just play 1/2 so much that we don't think twice about how offsetting the math ends up being
that's why i was shook when i first played pick-up at UT and we went to 30 using 2's and 3's. whoever started that system was really valuing the math aspect lol

going to 15 with 1's and 2's and going to 30 with 2's and 3's would require 15 inside the arc shots but in the case of going to 30, it would be 10 3's, whereas going to 15, it would be 8 2's. so the game's slightly longer

it was unique and cool to me lol but most people outside of UT i tell that to, they find it weird :lol:

but you technically get an individual free throw depending on your shot attempt tho so that analogy doesn't really work here lol

Lol. I just don't get why it matters that twos are worth twice as much as ones, unless you're trying to copy the standard NBA rules and apply them to a completely different format

I can copy and paste a response if you'd like.

No need for me to reinvent the wheel here

If it's 'because 2s shouldn't be worth twice as much as 1s because 3s are only 1.5 as much as 2s' then that's dumb. You're not playing 2s and 3s so it's not supposed to be the same

Lol. I just don't get why it matters that twos are worth twice as much as ones, unless you're trying to copy the standard NBA rules and apply them to a completely different format
well technically, any form of organized ball is by 2's and 3's, not just the NBA.

i think if you want to create a more pure or realistic version then you go for the one that makes more math sense. but either are fine, it really just comes down to preference.

by making 2s 2x of 1s the incentive is higher to play outside the arc in comparison to 3s being 1.5x of 2s. depending on the competition, that could be either really bad or really good as well.

plus it's no free throws in pickups so most dudes are already gonna be playing more outside the arc, especially with the way the game is evolving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom