Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
well technically, any form of organized ball is by 2's and 3's, not just the NBA.

This aint organized ball tho :lol:. Just the fact that you're playing to a score limit rather than a time limit throws everything off as far as making it realistic. But you're right about the incentive to shoot 2s vs 3s, that's what makes 1s and 2s different from 2s and 3s. That's the point I'm tryna make, it's a completely different game just like 21 or king of the court is a different game

It's like saying let's play 21 but let's make it two teams of 5, 2s and 3s and play for 48 minutes, high score wins to make it realistic

This aint organized ball tho :lol:. Just the fact that you're playing to a score limit rather than a time limit throws everything off as far as making it realistic. But you're right about the incentive to shoot 2s vs 3s, that's what makes 1s and 2s different from 2s and 3s. That's the point I'm tryna make, it's a completely different game just like 21 or king of the court is a different game
i wasn't disagreeing that it's different but i think people who want to play 2s and 3s are attempting to make pick-up a more realistic game without having to go through the hoops and hassle of joining an organized league.

it's a very simple change to play 2s and 3s in pickup to 30 (or whatever score) while keeping the elements of pick-up that make it so easy for anyone to join.

Becsuse that's the only reasonable solution. No one wants to play All 1s either because the shooting from deep is devalued to nothing.

I think you're missing my point. 1s and 2s is a specific type of basketball game. 2s and 3s is a distinctly different game. Why must they be the same?

I just tried it today after reading the thread and got shot down. Too much to keep track of... What?

first game 16 then down to 12
Yea, not understanding why it causing brain cramps for folks to COUNT

Going to 16 by 2/3 is WAY too short

Playing with a time limit >>>>>

We started doing this after playing at a few crowded gyms on the south side and we’ve been adopting this at our local gym.
lol that seems like too much for pick-up ball tbh unless the competition is nice but whatever works. clock stoppage? petty **** like holding the ball with the lead?

Playing with a clock is cool. Some games DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG so whenever I find a new spot with a clock, it is a boost.

10 mins is usually the time.

Especially if alot of folks are waiting

lol that seems like too much for pick-up ball tbh unless the competition is nice but whatever works. clock stoppage? petty **** like holding the ball with the lead?

It’s 20 mins no clock stoppage.
Peeps don’t b!tch and moan about fouls....keeps games moving and we run team eliminators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom