Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
KD tied for 4th is disrespectful as hell. He's the clear cut 2nd best player in the league behind Bron.

What you guys expect Kyrie to say? “This team cool, but na imma keep my options open for the summer”

Whether or not he stays, he’s not about to throw all his teammates like that under the bus before he even plays a game.

What you guys expect Kyrie to say? “This team cool, but na imma keep my options open for the summer”

Whether or not he stays, he’s not about to throw all his teammates like that under the bus before he even plays a game.

When he kept his mouth shut and danced around the question earlier in the summer everybody was saying why didn’t he say he want to stay in Boston :lol:

Kyrie's a weird dude, so he certainly could make an odd decision, but he has a team where he is unquestionably THE guy, plays for a great coach, and they can contend for a championship for the foreseeable future. Very hard pressed to believe that he'd leave that to join one of the worst franchises in sports, unless the Celtics decided they didn't want to pay him for some reason.

He might be better than Bron if we being honest...

Might be....:lol:. Shieeeeet...That torch been passed. And it’s moreso to do with Bron aging. He’s regressed. The gap was never huge...and the slippage on defense is way to much to ignore. They sought him out in the finals man. 2 years in a row.

Nobody wants to be honest though. Nobody wants to be the one to say that a reigning 2X Finals Mvp that’s beat a 34 year old, non defense, inflated stats-Bron Head to Head is better. Can’t say that right now. It’s the Bron love and sympathy mode. He’s the most loved and blame free he’s ever been in his career right now. He’s playing with house money. He can do no wrong. Literally will win the mvp if the Lakers get an 8th seed. It’s THAT type of time. You get shouted down for making a very reasonable argument that KD is better.

A ***** average 35 & 8 then 29/10/8 in two consecutive finals while Bron don’t play no D for the entire season, takes a month off, DUCK KD in the finals, quit on his teammates, fake an injury, then leave....

And Bron is ELEVATED because he got to the finals and put up great numbers in the damn East. Like any other of the top 3/4 players in the West couldn’t get past the pacers, raptors and Celtics armed with another all star and role players to suit their play style.

The real finals happened in the West. Bron is there now. Let’s see him do what Harden, Curry and KD have done in that conference. It’s going to be very hard for him to do that at age 34. I’ve seen them do it with similar rosters to the Lakers now.

Kyrie's a weird dude, so he certainly could make an odd decision, but he has a team where he is unquestionably THE guy, plays for a great coach, and they can contend for a championship for the foreseeable future. Very hard pressed to believe that he'd leave that to join one of the worst franchises in sports, unless the Celtics decided they didn't want to pay him for some reason.
Unquestionably the guy in what way?

Yeah, not rolling w/ Bron > KD. His counting stats continue to be there / padded, but his refusal to try on defense, pass only for assists, and is overall ball dominant style makes the Bron > KD thing hard. Combined w/the fact that he's 1-8 against KD over the past 2 finals while being outplayed by KD, makes it even harder for me IMO

I think Ben Golliver from SI put it best though. It wasn't so much that KD didn't do enough to be "the best player" in the league, it's more so that Bron did just enough over the past postseason to be known as #1, which is fine, I won't disagree w/that. He was incredible in the playoffs. But the notion that Bron is just vastly superior to the rest of the field just isn't true.

Yeah, not rolling w/ Bron > KD. His counting stats continue to be there / padded, but his refusal to try on defense, pass only for assists, and is overall ball dominant style makes the Bron > KD thing hard. Combined w/the fact that he's 1-8 against KD over the past 2 finals while being outplayed by KD, makes it even harder for me IMO

I think Ben Golliver from SI put it best though. It wasn't so much that KD didn't do enough to be "the best player" in the league, it's more so that Bron did just enough over the past postseason to be known as #1, which is fine, I won't disagree w/that. He was incredible in the playoffs. But the notion that Bron is just vastly superior to the rest of the field just isn't true.

Gospel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom