Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Real talk what does one have to do to surpass Lebron
EF093FC4-58A0-4A40-8F0E-AABA9380D491.png

Any other player with KD’s resume the past 2 years would be crowned best player in the league.

Especially in THESE moments.....like, we SEE the energy shift and who’s really “the guy”.

These are game 3’s in 7 game series. Nothing is promised unless you go down 3-0. KD made sure the window was closed both times. And Bron was on the CLEAR receiving end on both of these.

It’s just silly to me that people stick their fingers in their ears and don’t want to hear that “maybe, Bron isn’t the best player anymore”. But people have a hard time letting things go.

Another thing I hate is when that same crowd says Bron SHOULDVE won MVP every year this past decade. Nah man.

But such are the consensus at this time....so we gotta pretend like this **** didn’t happen.

Any other player with KD’s resume the past 2 years would be crowned best player in the league.
I would've gave KD the crown if he won with OKC but he's know doubt a top 2 player.
However, I don't think the margin between Lebron and KD is as wide as people seem to think it is.

I beg to differ. The warriors are obviously better than the Lebrons, (Especially last season), but a part (Albeit a small part) of why they were better was because Bron was being outplayed by KD, especially in 2017. If Lebron is vastly superior than KD,(Which is what I was mostly alluding to) vastly superior to steph, then that record should have some merit, I think. Half of those games he had Kyrie & Kevin Love.

Idk man, I know that's an extremely deductive and primitive way to look at the Bron / KD thing, and there's obviously more that goes into those wins and losses, but if he really is just so far ahead of KD, then him PLUS Kyrie and K Love shouldn't be getting smoked the way that they are / were.

If *****s were saying that it's close, then yeah that 1-8 record in the finals against each other don't matter. But if they aren't close?...
People who say they aren't close are just being idiots. We're talking about probably the two most talented guys of this era.

I don't get why people in here or elsewhere act like it's some knock against Bron going on 34 years old for others to think that a in prime Kevin Durant could be better than him right now. I still think that there are things that KD will never be as good as Bron with, like playmaking, but he def gets the most defensively over Bron. Not close.

Head to Head matchups mean nothing, though. Even without KD playing his best, the Warriors can still win. They're the best collection of talent that we've seen. They suffer more when Steph isn't playing his best than when KD isn't.

I would've gave KD the crown if he won with OKC but he's know doubt a top 2 player.
However, I don't think the margin between Lebron and KD is as wide as people seem to think it is.

That’s silly. I “get it”. But we penalize KD for being a part of an all time great duo....while we lionize South Beach, 90s Bulls, Shaq & Kobe, Magic & Kareem etc.

KD proved he could get to that stage in the toughest conference as the guy. He did it when he was a baby and the other guys were infants....going up against grown men in their primes (‘12 Spurs/Heat). He just had to play with a guy that’s just as good as him (who happened to beat him in the process) to realize his maximum potential.

But he’s BEEN there and Bron’s clear regression makes it clearer. Counting stats, Kyrie departure, backlash, perception and Eastern Conference make the pic blurry. But if we being honest.....KD > Bron RIGHT NOW.

He just needs LeBron to slow down more than anything. Perhaps this upcoming season, is the year....

2017 Regular Season
KD- 25/8/5 on 54/38/88; 27.6 PER; 65.1 TS%
Bron- 26/9/9 on 55/36/67 27 PER; 61.9 TS%

2017 Playoffs
KD- 29/8/4 on 56/44/89; 27.5 PER; 68.3 TS%
Bron- 33/9/8 on 57/41/70; 30.1 PER; 64.9 TS%

2018 Regular Season
KD- 26/7/5 on 52/42/89; 26 PER; 64 TS%
Bron- 28/9/9 on 54/37/73; 28.6 PER; 62.1 TS%

2018 Playoffs
KD- 29/8/5 on 49/34/90; 25.1 PER; 60.6 TS%
Bron- 34/9/9 on 54/34/75; 32.2 PER; 61.9 TS%

Must be a slow news day for us to still be arguing over this

We can talk about:

-Your 10th grade social studies class (how’s the curriculum these days?)
-Your wife and kids nagging you (brazy responsibility)
-Your teenage angst (it’ll get better)
-You taking medical leave from your full time job (heal up woe)

Or my favorite. You being a 30 year old man that moonlights as a teenager. Great topics. Pick one.

Is it really that hard to get by defenders in the new 2k? These memes have me dying :lol:

Leave GS. It's stupid, but until he wins with his own team, the boy will have a scarlet letter to the masses.
It's clearly Bron & KD at the top though. That **** isn't even debatable.
It's disrespectful as hell to have him at 4th. :lol::lol::lol:

KD as an equal playmaker would legitimately do it, honestly, but that's not all that I acclaim Bron has over him: His overall decision-making, which can be as questionable as Steph's sometimes, and athleticism. Bron's motor's pretty insane, especially for someone who carries as much weight as he does, and he's still able to lead his team in that manner he does and play more minutes than anybody(in the league). His endurance's probably his greatest skill outside of unmatched versatility, just don't see it with KD

Grief, y'all have me praising Bron now. Don't want to talk about that man for the rest of the season

It's hard as ****. Frustrating as hell.

Play off the catch and ball reversals. Use screens the right way....and you’ll get by your defender consistently

Jokic shouldn’t be able to stay with Kyrie on switches though. That’s either a blow by or a lot of space.

They had that right in 2k18. That aspect is flawed in 2k19

Play off the catch and ball reversals. Use screens the right way....and you’ll get by your defender consistently

Jokic shouldn’t be able to stay with Kyrie on switches though. That’s either a blow by or a lot of space.

They had that right in 2k18. That aspect is flawed in 2k19

Exactly. Dirk shouldn't be able to prevent Kyrie from getting to his spots. :lol: That's really my only gripe so far.
Loving the P&R aspect of the game though. Killing with my mid-range. I just got the game yesterday so I'll get the hang of it.
Straight out the package though be ready for this.

Last edited:
For better or for worse, greatness in basketball is defined by the playoff's, and playoffs are significant because for the best player on a team, your team fortunes hinges on your performance on a night to night basis. It's the pressure to perform that creates the narrative of greatness. It's a test of physical and metal fortitude.

GSW, as a result of the cap spike, have such an advantage over most teams KD and Steph don't have that pressure, either of them can play like dog ****, can play without urgency and they know they can still pull of a victory as a result public consensus will never really turn.

Lebron will always be considered better by the public, and KD will stay in this weird limbo where he can amas as many championships as he like he's not going to break into, the goat conversation.

It's an unfortunate side effect of the decision KD made.

Yeah. Bron would’ve suffered the same narrative when he went to Miami, only thing was there was no player that was in the conversation of best in the game apart from Kobe but his teams weren’t competitive by then

Yeah. Bron would’ve suffered the same narrative when he went to Miami, only thing was there was no player that was in the conversation of best in the game apart from Kobe but his teams weren’t competitive by then
KD was better than Kobe by a wide margin during the time when Bron was in Miami. Kobe obviously had the success and longevity before that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom