Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyrie's a weird dude, so he certainly could make an odd decision, but he has a team where he is unquestionably THE guy, plays for a great coach, and they can contend for a championship for the foreseeable future. Very hard pressed to believe that he'd leave that to join one of the worst franchises in sports, unless the Celtics decided they didn't want to pay him for some reason.
:emoji_relieved:

He's the team's number 1 option and the young guys all look up to him?

Hayward going to have to work his way into things.

Ok you mean on the court or off? Because I hear Boston people gushing about Tatum and acting like Kyrie is old news, so not off. And on the court it’s not “unquestionable” in terms of how long that’s gonna last.

I definitely think KD is close to Bron, but he was also able to play in the most optimal basketball situation possible. Gets to play alongside the 2 best floor spacers in the history of the game, and 2 of the best, most versatile defenders in the league in Draymond and Iggy.

Would be interested to see what folks would be saying if they had to swap places. Bron's efficiency and assist numbers would be completely off the charts.

KD been neck in neck with Bron going on 4 seasons now. Bron was also in an optional position to stat pad last year following Kyrie's departure.

Bron has also sculpted his team around him, they’re not the best but it’s not like someone told him “go play with Russell Westbrook”

I definitely think KD is close to Bron, but he was also able to play in the most optimal basketball situation possible. Gets to play alongside the 2 best floor spacers in the history of the game, and 2 of the best, most versatile defenders in the league in Draymond and Iggy.

Would be interested to see what folks would be saying if they had to swap places. Bron's efficiency and assist numbers would be completely off the charts.

Yea', I can't respect a head-to-head argument for KD if we're ignoring circumstance. I don't mind the idea that Bron's close to the other top 5 players but I think he's in the clear at 1 tbh

Ok you mean on the court or off? Because I hear Boston people gushing about Tatum and acting like Kyrie is old news, so not off. And on the court it’s not “unquestionable” in terms of how long that’s gonna last.
You just listening to the WEEI folks? They are like the equivalent of wavycrocket wavycrocket and MVP MVP 's joint venture barbershop.

Anyone that knows anything realizes that when he was on the court, he was THE guy. It was brutally obvious. He got hurt, and then Tatum played well in his absence. All it is. Kyrie was having the best, most efficient season of his career until he shut down with the nagging injury.

WOW HOW RIVETING MORE KD VS BRON DISCUSSION WOW SUCH A GREAT AND NEW DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD

YawningBillRussell.gif

**** outta here with this dumb **** :smh:

Lebron has been in an optimal basketball situation EVERY year from MIA up until last season (due to the Celtics breaking IT to pieces).... and he did it while playing against middle tier high end players. IDK why we are acting as if we Didn't see KD be the best player on a 50+ win team yearly prior to this.

What you guys expect Kyrie to say? “This team cool, but na imma keep my options open for the summer”

Whether or not he stays, he’s not about to throw all his teammates like that under the bus before he even plays a game.

Uhh...yes. that's the exact temperature he was on just a few months ago :lol:

The whole "Kyrie to New York" thing picked up so much steam because of him being non-committal to the Celtics in interviews. Every time he was asked about free agency he was very cryptic.

Yesterday was the first time he really spoke glowingly about staying in Boston.

You're better than this. :lol:

Not arguing with anyone who wants KD over Bron, but that definitely has NOTHING to do with it.

I beg to differ. The warriors are obviously better than the Lebrons, (Especially last season), but a part (Albeit a small part) of why they were better was because Bron was being outplayed by KD, especially in 2017. If Lebron is vastly superior than KD,(Which is what I was mostly alluding to) vastly superior to steph, then that record should have some merit, I think. Half of those games he had Kyrie & Kevin Love.

Idk man, I know that's an extremely deductive and primitive way to look at the Bron / KD thing, and there's obviously more that goes into those wins and losses, but if he really is just so far ahead of KD, then him PLUS Kyrie and K Love shouldn't be getting smoked the way that they are / were.

If ****** were saying that it's close, then yeah that 1-8 record in the finals against each other don't matter. But if they aren't close?...

I beg to differ. The warriors are obviously better than the Lebrons, (Especially last season), but a part (Albeit a small part) of why they were better was because Bron was being outplayed by KD, especially in 2017. If Lebron is vastly superior than KD,(Which is what I was mostly alluding to) vastly superior to steph, then that record should have some merit, I think. Half of those games he had Kyrie & Kevin Love.

Idk man, I know that's an extremely deductive and primitive way to look at the Bron / KD thing, and there's obviously more that goes into those wins and losses, but if he really is just so far ahead of KD, then him PLUS Kyrie and K Love shouldn't be getting smoked the way that they are / were.

If *****s were saying that it's close, then yeah that 1-8 record in the finals against each other don't matter. But if they aren't close?...

Chanting 21’s adlibs on Bank Account to this:

On
God

If *****s were saying that it's close, then yeah that 1-8 record in the finals against each other don't matter. But if they aren't close?...
Why even take this past finals into consideration? Cavaliers were CLEARLY overmatched. Everyone had them getting swept due to them being overmatched.

2017 was a bit closer than the 5 games led on. Game 3 could've easily gone Cleveland's way, but shoutout to KD for the big shot. Cavs Big 3 actually outscored GS Big 3 by 0.6 PPG for the series.

KD- 35/8/5 on 56/47/93
LeBron- 34/12/10 on 56/39/65

Both dudes were incredible in that series. Acting like LeBron was thoroughly outplayed in the series or something like that is extremely dishonest.

Why even take this past finals into consideration? Cavaliers were CLEARLY overmatched. Everyone had them getting swept due to them being overmatched.

2017 was a bit closer than the 5 games led on. Cavs Big 3 actually outscored GS Big 3 by 0.6 PPG for the series.

KD- 35/8/5 on 56/47/93
LeBron- 34/12/10 on 56/39/65

Both dudes were incredible in that series.

This my point :lol: :lol: although I think KD shot like 60% or something like that when guarded by Lebron that series, and was overall more impactful, but this is my point.

I think KD is better at this moment, and I think that has legs. He's a better defender, and I think he can fit more seamless to a team in 2019 than Lebron can. But I think the opposite of that has legs too. You can make an argument for either one.

They are right there with each other. I'm not making the argument that KD is vastly superior than LBJ. It's when someone says Bron is CLEARLY the #1 guy or w/e then that's when it gets silly.

Real talk what does one have to do to surpass Lebron
EF093FC4-58A0-4A40-8F0E-AABA9380D491.png

Any other player with KD’s resume the past 2 years would be crowned best player in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom