Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get what happened to Fultz. He was so good in college. What Mitchell did his rookie season is what I expected Fultz to do his rookie season.

Him shooting a jumper being a good sign is worrisome.

I installed an app that lets me take any word and replace it with another word/phrase everytime it’s posted.

Example: I changed the word “can’t” to actually read “I can do all things”

Back to NT.
I changed “jumper” to “FWord GSW”

So now, anytime Fultz is being talked about (jumper is mentioned loads) all I see every other post is “FWord GSW”

BEst app in America.

Reactions: HIM
I don’t get what happened to Fultz. He was so good in college. What Mitchell did his rookie season is what I expected Fultz to do his rookie season.

Him shooting a jumper being a good sign is worrisome.

I was skeptical at first, but there's enough smoke out there to come to the conclusion that he did indeed have the yips. The story about his trainer changing his jumper was complete BS.

"Markelle...your jumpshot has made you a star. Let's change it 2 weeks before your first training camp"

Regardless of how he pans out, this story is going to end up being one of the biggest case studies on mental health in sports.

With all due respect, these responses about Fultz are dumb as ****

The kid is looking good and confident right now and it’s like none of you want anybody to even mention it. Basically, if anybody wants to keep hating on him it’s completely okay, but if anybody wants to say anything positive about him then they should keep their mouth shut because he’s not doing enough for them.

The point about how “effortless” Fultz’s jumper is has nothing to do with it being some groundbreaking never before seen work of art. It has to do with how far he’s come since last year and how he looks like he’s finally just back to playing basketball the way he was when we drafted him. A fall-away fading to the right jumper with perfect form is also not the easiest thing in the world, especially from mid-range, an area of the court many young players have their struggles from.

The kid is looking good and confident right now and it’s like none of you want anybody to even mention it. Basically, if anybody wants to keep hating on him it’s completely okay, but if anybody wants to say anything positive about him then they should keep their mouth shut because he’s not doing enough for them.

Who's hating? Most people want him to do well.

If this dude was on any other team other than the Sixers, you'd be clowning him.

:rofl:

Can you IMAGINE the **** he'd be saying if he was a Laker :smh:

Definitely not.

Markelle is that weird, quiet kid that had a setback in front of the entire country. He’s somebody worth rooting for to overcome what he went through no matter what team he plays for.

And what do I ever say bad about the actual Lakers players besides none of them being better than Embiid or Ben?

I was skeptical at first, but there's enough smoke out there to come to the conclusion that he did indeed have the yips. The story about his trainer changing his jumper was complete BS.

"Markelle...your jumpshot has made you a star. Let's change it 2 weeks before your first training camp"

Regardless of how he pans out, this story is going to end up being one of the biggest case studies on mental health in sports.

Somebody in here had posted about how Fultz likes to ride bmx bikes and he might've ****** up his shoulder doing that. Based on how Fultz side and the front office were treating the situation, that made the most sense to me

Wish there were highlights of Ayton’s night available. 24/9/3.

I want Dragan Bender to be a useful NBA player. He continues to disappoint.

Somebody in here had posted about how Fultz likes to ride bmx bikes and he might've ****ed up his shoulder doing that. Based on how Fultz side and the front offer were treating the situation, that made the most sense to me

Never bought that theory either. I'm not a doctor, but I'm not sure how a shoulder injury could allow him to do almost everything else on a basketball floor except shooting from distance. He was getting to the rim with advanced dribble moves, finishing at the rim, chase-down blocking, and throwing cross court bullet passes with the same shoulder from preseason until they sat him.

Doesn't he need his shoulder for those things too?

Just watched uncle Drew. Movie was pretty dope. Good feel. Great cast. Fun flick. Flat Earth Bert is so damn nasty with the rock it's crazy.

Kyrie already a better actor than kang raymone. He gotta be tight that his acting makes Kyrie look like Sidney Poitier.

Last edited:
Never bought that theory either. I'm not a doctor, but I'm not sure how a shoulder injury could allow him to do almost everything else on a basketball floor except shooting from distance. He was getting to the rim with advanced dribble moves, finishing at the rim, chase-down blocking, and throwing cross court bullet passes with the same shoulder from preseason until they sat him.

Doesn't he need his shoulder for those things too?

Nah I had a shoulder issue not too long ago and I could easily do everything on the court just fine besides pull up and shoot. Trying to shoot from three was especially painful.

The point about how “effortless” Fultz’s jumper is has nothing to do with it being some groundbreaking never before seen work of art. It has to do with how far he’s come since last year and how he looks like he’s finally just back to playing basketball the way he was when we drafted him. A fall-away fading to the right jumper with perfect form is also not the easiest thing in the world, especially from mid-range, an area of the court many young players have their struggles from.
I'm pretty sure the strong majority of this sub wants to see Fultz succeed. Some of the verbiage being associated with the ability to shoot a jumper of a 6'4" guard that was the #1 pick in the draft is funny though.

Nobody is hating.

Wish there were highlights of Ayton’s night available. 24/9/3.

I want Dragan Bender to be a useful NBA player. He continues to disappoint.
Think he's going to put together a KAT-like rookie campaign. Close to 20 and 10. He's really good offensively and on the boards.

Its a good thing Markelle got drafted by the only NBA team with a red shirt policy.

Some other franchises would've kept him out there until his confidence was completely killed off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom