Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a good thing Markelle got drafted by the only NBA team with a red shirt policy.

Some other franchises would've kept him out there until his confidence was completely killed off

Agree with this. But with all the $$$ someone spent this summer, you would think the shot wouldnt look so forced and with a hitch. But the ultimate goal is to shoot with confidence and get in through the net.

Are we really jizzing our pants at a #1 drafted NBA guard making an uncontested pull up (no fade or drafting to his right stop that) making a free throw line jumper? Put your money up buc em buc em . I haven't hooped consistently since Bush was president and I'll go to the court right now and make that shot. 2 tries tops. Hell, double up and I'll do it left handed. **** outta here

[video][/video]
[video][/video]

TraeDay is fearless, though.
Plays like he's a Big guy.
I wonder if he knows that he's little.

I don’t think he do..he def plays with a chip on his shoulder tho. I like it but I think it causes him to be too jumpy which makes him take bad shots. He’s going to be a star in Atlanta tho once the game slows down for him.

Are we really jizzing our pants at a #1 drafted NBA guard making an uncontested pull up (no fade or drafting to his right stop that) making a free throw line jumper? Put your money up buc em buc em . I haven't hooped consistently since Bush was president and I'll go to the court right now and make that shot. 2 tries tops. Hell, double up and I'll do it left handed. **** outta here

[video][/video]
[video][/video]
[video]

So is nobody supposed to be excited that our #1 pick looks like he can actually shoot a ball again?

The **** do you dudes not realize that this isn’t exactly a normal situation. Like....did you all forget what he looked like last year? Or are you all upset that you have one less dude to talk **** about on the Sixers?[/video]

Good for Fultz for hitting those jumpers. I’m sure mentally he’s still thinking about it, but there’s still time for him to overcome last year.

All were saying is that you need to temper your expectations. It’s all a long ******* season and we know that once **** hits the fan you’re gonna start caping for him and making excuses again.

The way some of these Sixer beat writers talk about his jumper is hilarious though.

Never bought that theory either. I'm not a doctor, but I'm not sure how a shoulder injury could allow him to do almost everything else on a basketball floor except shooting from distance. He was getting to the rim with advanced dribble moves, finishing at the rim, chase-down blocking, and throwing cross court bullet passes with the same shoulder from preseason until they sat him.

Doesn't he need his shoulder for those things too?

Yeah it doesn't make much sense given that he could perform all of the over-the-head movements you mentioned: throwing overhand passes, layups, etc.

If someone has a shoulder pathology, throwing generally is the most demanding and in theory would create the most issues. That's why pitching is so bad for the entire shoulder complex in the long run. The more externally rotated and flexed your glenohumeral joint is, the least amount of stability it has especially when you're throwing an object at a high velocity.

Screen-Shot-2016-07-22-at-1.21.13-PM.jpg

Also, they maintained that his MRI tests always came back clean. Nothing added up.

Had to be a combination of his trainer tweaking his shot and his confidence issues.

He said himself he felt pain and tweaked his jumper. Tweaking his jumper actually made everything worse. At that point I’m sure it was 75% mental.

I don’t think he do..he def plays with a chip on his shoulder tho. I like it but I think it causes him to be too jumpy which makes him take bad shots. He’s going to be a star in Atlanta tho once the game slows down for him.
The chip on his shoulder will make him the perfect 6th man :pimp:

I feel like we haven't seen anybody else eligible for THAT kind of money though...

Reactions: HIM
AD is probably going to wait til he gets that super max then request a trade mid season or the summer after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom