• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lebron winning MVP/making to the finals = championship

Kobe winning Oscars = championship

Sixers losing but keeping it close every game = winning the series 4-1
200w.gif

I was once told by another Nter that Joe Ingles was the 2nd best Playmaking SF in the NBA.
Wasn't me, but.....

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/nba...nba-season-preview/1335x46xufbn41k6tcfbo9uid8

"Though he hasn’t led the league in 3-point accuracy, Ingles is the only player to shoot at least 44 percent from beyond the arc in each of the last two seasons. Though admittedly not the off-the-bounce outside threat as some of the game’s best shot makers, Ingles is every bit the shooter in the traditional sense of stretching the floor.

Of course, Ingles is far more than just a shooter. He’s also Utah’s best playmaker even if the basic assist numbers don’t paint him in that light.

That Ingles didn’t lead the team in assists is more a product of his role rather than ability. Ingles is the opportunistic playmaker, passing with a purpose and aggressively looking to create. Over 22 percent of his total passes last season directly led to a shot, significantly higher than Utah’s assist leader Ricky Rubio who clocked in at 17 percent and on par with the likes of Ben Simmons, Lonzo Ball and Draymond Green.

Ingles expertly connects the dots in his game, using his own shooting ability to attacking closeouts and create drive and kick opportunities like few others. Ingles passes more often on drives than any other player in the NBA while over 15 percent of his forays into the lane result in an assist, a figure that ranked inside the top 5.

He’s not simply playing hot potato either with the passing a crutch for lack of finishing ability. Ingles shot 49 percent on drives in 2017-18, not far off from Giannis Antetokounmpo and better than the likes of Paul George, Damian Lillard, Kemba Walker and John Wall."

:emoji_thinking:

A lot of people who don't watch Ingles/Utah play often seem to grossly underrate Ingles playmaking ability.

I'M NOT SAYING DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican DOESN'T WATCH UTAH GAMES.

I was watching some YouTube clips of the Baron Davis-era Warriors... squad that upsetted the Mavs. Feels like an entirely different franchise

Always been a Knicks fan, but i did support the hell out that squad for whatever reason. Won a bet that they wouldve upset the Mavs too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom