Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say it's pretty good. They are worlds better than the Adidas ones.
I was worried after seeing the hooplah about the numbers peeling and all the tearing. Just don't want to throw down $200+ on an authentic ATM.

ON TOPIC: LeBron > KD but the gap narrows every year (incredible that 16 years in LeBron is STILL the best player in the league). KD made big improvements on the defensive end last year.

You acting like KD isn’t the second best playmaking SF behind Bron though :lol:. The gap isn’t THAT huge man. Cmon. KD was 27/7/5 last year. That’s up to par with the playmaking that Bron was in his best years in Miami. KD’s at THAT level now....while Bron completely doesn’t play once side of the basketball....

The man literally just came off of averaging 29/11/8 in the finals against Bron...including a triple double to wrap the series up...and we sleeping on his playmaking...and pretending like scoring/threat of scoring isn’t included in “playmaking” :lol:.

I’m not mad if you think Bron is better. But don’t act like KD is a slouch as a playmaker and that’s the CLEAR reason why.

I don't disagree.
If anything that's even more reason for him to leave cause ****** not jacking it while he's in a Golden State uniform.

I had a near threesome tonight, by myself

38954.jpg
38954.jpg
38954.jpg

And those advanced stats show that KD is just as bad on defense as LeBron is... while LeBron isn’t surrounded by Dray, Iggy, and Klay. We gonna stop saying he’s a way better defender.

I’d also argue Giannis is a better playmaker than KD. Similar ast% playing with way inferior talent.

Meanwhile LeBron is a whole 20% higher than both :lol:.

Last edited:
He’s definitely not.
He’s probably the 3rd or 4th best playmaker for GSW.
Dray/Curry
Curry/Dray
Iggy/KD
KD/Iggy

His scoring alone makes him a better play maker than Draymond/ iggy.

The KD/Javale pnr was deadly because the attention KD brings. It’s definitely not the same when you substitute the other two

Playmaking =/= passing

His scoring alone makes him a better play maker than Draymond/ iggy.

The KD/Javale pnr was deadly because the attention KD brings. It’s definitely not the same when you substitute the other two

Playmaking
I weigh creating for others more heavily when evaluating playmaking than you I guess.

Stolen: https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1752962

The Holiday Bros.: Remarkable Genetics

If you didn't know, about 50% of NBA players are closely related to another elite athlete (D1, pro, national team). That percentage is about twice as high as that of any other pro sports league. This is due to height being extremely important for performance in sports like basketball and perhaps also its being more hereditary than a lot of other athletic qualities.

Anyway, for every inch taller a person is, they are considerably more likely to eventually make the NBA (up to a certain point). Simply, if you are 6' 8", you are competing against far less people to make it to that level by nature of the rarity of your height. Whereas virtually everyone on Earth will be contending for the 1 or 2 positions due to their size limitations, relatively few people will be in the running to fill the positions of forwards and bigs, positions whose duties make them less forgiving about not being huge. Conversely, for every inch shorter you are, the more you have to be outstanding in other respects, e.g., explosiveness, coordination, BBIQ, shooting ability, arm length, etc.

What I'm getting at is the fact that those three Holiday brothers will all have played in the NBA as guards is incredible. It's one thing to have multiple ~7' siblings who make it largely due to their size (e.g., the Plumlees), but the Holiday Bros., who range from roughly 6' - 6' 5" barefoot, must be good enough for other reasons. Their parents each likely comes from a family of extraordinary athletic ability if 3 of their 4 kids wound up making the NBA as guards when there are literally 10's of millions of other males out there who meet the height threshold. Of course both of their parents played collegiate basketball, and I'm sure basketball practice was more emphasized and accessible to the boys growing up than it was to most other people on Earth, but that is just absurd that one couple could be responsible for filling 3 of the 100-odd small guy roster spots in a league as ultracompetitive as the NBA.

But KD is clearly the second best shot creator on the team doe.
For himself... yes.
For others? Not at all.
Can’t think of a perfect example but let’s take Al Horford and Kyrie...
I personally would say Horford is the better playmaker and probably the best on the team.

For himself... yes.
For others? Not at all.
Can’t think of a perfect example but let’s take Al Horford and Kyrie...
I personally would say Horford is the better playmaker and probably the best on the team.

So how do you defend a 3/5 pnr with KD and a big? You double KD and make him pass right? He can make the pocket pass or throw the lob. How do you think Javale shot 98

The only other playmaker in pnr for GSW is Steph. Maybe Draymond if a team is dumb

You acting like KD isn’t the second best playmaking SF behind Bron though :lol:. The gap isn’t THAT huge man. Cmon. KD was 27/7/5 last year. That’s up to par with the playmaking that Bron was in his best years in Miami. KD’s at THAT level now....while Bron completely doesn’t play once side of the basketball....

The man literally just came off of averaging 29/11/8 in the finals against Bron...including a triple double to wrap the series up...and we sleeping on his playmaking...and pretending like scoring/threat of scoring isn’t included in “playmaking” :lol:.

I’m not mad if you think Bron is better. But don’t act like KD is a slouch as a playmaker and that’s the CLEAR reason why.

You have a point but the numbers don't tell the whole story.

If they did you could argue that Bron is a better scorer than KD. Which he isn't.

KD is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom