Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Random, but if you swapped Otto for Wiggins on the current Timberwolves team, they'd be much better.

I read that Thibs wanted to trade Wiggins instead of LaVine for Jimmy and could’ve done so without including the 7th pick...
But Glen Taylor shot it down...

Minnesota goofed on not letting the market set Wiggins contract.

Should’ve let him hit RFA and matched whatever he got.
Yup. For KAT, it completely makes sense to give him the extension. For Wiggins, nah.

If an Otto situation comes up and you have to max him after someone gives him an offer sheet, so be it.

Glen Taylor knew it was dumb because he made Wiggins promise that he would get better. Wtf :lol:

Wiggins face after he promises Taylor and knew he wasn't going to work to get better.

wiggins-smile1.jpg

The problem with the Heat is that while J Rich + a FRP is good... the salary filler is an issue. Almost everyone on that team besides Richardson, Bam, and Ellington ( Winslow is about to be extended), is on a horrible contract.

Olynyk/Dragic might be better than any contract Wolves could hope to come by and Dragic/Whiteside the best talent. Only bad contract I feel like can be called so(For being 5-7 mil too many) is Whiteside and TJ. TJ's remainder is terrible but he was 12 mil on aggregate.

Rodney McGruder and Derrick Jones Jr are also great role players whom I'd hesitant to put on the table, seeing Wolves options. Highest I would go is Rich+Olynyk

Olynyk/Dragic might be better than any contract Wolves could hope to come by and Dragic/Whiteside the best talent. Only bad contract I feel like can be called so(For being 5-7 mil too many) is Whiteside and TJ. TJ's remainder is terrible but he was 12 mil on aggregate.

Rodney McGruder and Derrick Jones Jr are also great role players whom I'd hesitant to put on the table, seeing Wolves options. Highest I would go is Rich+Olynyk
Waiters is a bad contract too but I agree with all of this.

Waiters is a bad contract too but I agree with all of this.

It's funny, I was thinking about putting him in that response but didn't feel like having to reply to multiple people for having an adverse opinion but I wouldn't offer Waiters. IMO Waiters has the highest upside of all the Heat's wing players, on one of the Heat's best contracts and would be a great third playmaker to the trio of him, Goran and Jimmy. Waiters/Goran/JJ/Jimmy/Winslow would be a great mix wing talent. People like to discount Dion's improvement since he's got to Miami but he's a really good playmaker, the Igouldala type that you would want around to diversify rotations.

How are Laker fans dealing with the fact that LeBron is bigger than their franchise? I'm legit curious. If some of you could opine on this I'd appreciate it.

It's annoying but I knew what came with the territory. I haven't really loved anything the org has done for a few years so... This changes nothing. I think this experiment has extremely high bust potential that pretty much no one is paying attention to. I pray I'm wrong about some of the reservations I have. I'm gonna enjoy the ride good or bad though.

It's annoying but I knew what came with the territory. I haven't really loved anything the org has done for a few years so... This changes nothing. I think this experiment has extremely high bust potential that pretty much no one is paying attention to. I pray I'm wrong about some of the reservations I have. I'm gonna enjoy the ride good or bad though.
What do you consider bust potential to be though?

Trading away young guys for more established talent?

A superstar player will always seem bigger than the franchise. People relate to other people more than they relate to a business/team.

But Lebron will not be around in 10 years and people will care about him less, the Lakers will always be around.

A superstar player will always seem bigger than the franchise. People relate to other people more than they relate to a business/team.

But Lebron will not be around in 10 years and people will care about him less, the Lakers will always be around.

Like Kobe, Shaq, and Magic weren't bigger than the franchise. Uh we've dealt with this before. Bron just next in line. Only thing is he's not staying as long.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom