Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposedly Cousins made his decision between GS and Boston.

Either way I’m not sure what to expect out of him next season.

Those players need to tell their teams to draft better and revamp their player development programs.

Since 2009, the Dubs have drafted 11 players, 7 of whom have played significant minutes for them, 1 is projected to get significant minutes from them this year, 1 was a piece in a trade that brought them Bogut, 1 was a Euro who stayed overseas for years came over then went back and they whiffed on another one.

Drafting & Development Matters
I’m pretty sure no one would have a problem if it was Steph/Klay/Draymond/Iggy and Co. going on this run but this is the complete opposite of that. Developed group only has 1 championship that imo has been 100% linked to the draft and player development and that’s 15.

The last 2 (3 after this season) have been bought. They ran crying to Durant to join them after that embarrassing 3-1 finals. They wanted to trade for AD at one point this season too.

THEN AFTER THEY SWEPT A FINALS SERIES went and got the best center in the league for a bag of peanuts.

The warriors at this point are just some chumps now.

Just saw the dumbest argument on twitter for free agency

“Players should be required to pick only from the top 5 most expensive contracts they are offered” LMAO

Wouldn't you say every championship has been bought then, using that logic?
I thought about this but the difference for me at least is they didn’t need a KD at and they damn sure don’t need boogie. They are just doing because they can. They were 73-9 before KD they would have been fine without him and they are just coming off a back to back Championship run why do you need boogie. You could legit throw anyone in GS at this point and still win it all

True, they dont need anyone, but I believe what gets lost in all this is the fact the warriors have created a culture people are drawn towards, all the way down to fans. I don't know the extent of it, I ain't in no locker room, but people are overlooking this as a possibility of what is bringing them in.
Wait, they did need a center after losing Mcgee, Looney, possibly West, and possibly Pachulia.

I’m pretty sure no one would have a problem if it was Steph/Klay/Draymond/Iggy and Co. going on this run but this is the complete opposite of that. Developed group only has 1 championship that imo has been 100% linked to the draft and player development and that’s 15.

The last 2 (3 after this season) have been bought. They ran crying to Durant to join them after that embarrassing 3-1 finals. They wanted to trade for AD at one point this season too.

THEN AFTER THEY SWEPT A FINALS SERIES went and got the best center in the league for a bag of peanuts.

The warriors at this point are just some chumps now.
Awww wahhh wahhh what's your address so I can ship these tissue boxes over :rofl:

36515835_2225445894162853_8876430389774647296_n.jpg

We just out here havin fun man...
Cousins legit be mean mugging almost all the time, but dude genuinely looks happy here. LOL.

Seems like his injury may not be so promising to return from if he really got no offers. Maybe this isn’t as great for GSW as originally thought.

Attachments

• BC9F62D2-DF4A-4F21-ABAF-8493096CAF04.jpeg
    BC9F62D2-DF4A-4F21-ABAF-8493096CAF04.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 24
People are saying if he's back to 70% of what he was then that's enough. It's a gamble and there's a long way to go, he's probably 300 lbs since he's been inactive for a while.

People on twitter and RealGM are really angry about this Cousins signing. :lol:

People keep saying the league should intervene or somehow veto a free agency signing? I'm like, "why?" Because we don't like it? Trust me, you don't want a league where the commissioner dictates where free agents can and cannot sign. That's a recipe for disaster. If he wants to sign for half or a third of his value then so be it. I'm sure the NBPA isn't happy with him though.

The sour grapes from opposing fans on this is hilarious. Saying stuff like "the league needs to change the rules", etc. A team is winning too much so we change the rules? That's some soft stuff that just screams of saltiness.

Players are in a tough spot as well. Players who maximize their money when it hinders team success are selfish and players who take deep pay cuts to win are spineless, taking the easy way, etc. We as fans only accept players winning when its on our terms.

As has been said before, we as fans created this environment where winning titles is the only thing that matters. The first thing we think about when players like Barkley, Malone, and Baylor are brought up is that they didn't win rings so its no surprise that we see players do anything to win. It seems as though fans want players to win titles but only under the circumstances they deem worthy. Also, Shouldn't we applaud players sacrificing to win titles?

Happy I transitioned away from the nba to soccer at the right time. Came to my senses and gave up on the Knicks. And at the same time there’s been a decline in the quality of b-ball with teams just jacking from the perimeter. And then of course the predictability of the finals.

Sport is more of an entertainment industry now than a competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom