Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Boogie says he got zero offers and contacted the Warriors after not receiving any interest?

But he is ring chasing.

I don't want to sound like I'm bitter, but this has been refuted by Zach Lowe and a few other NBA reporters. he did receive offers from other teams, he just wants justification so he doesn't get Flack for joining the best team in the league. At the end of the day he can do whatever he wants, but he did receive offers from other teams he just chose to go to the Warriors.

yeah, but Kawhi doesnt get them over the top this year. So wait it out. It doesnt make sense to trade the young guys now. Lakers need to see if BI is the real deal.

Getting Kawhi now does nothing for them against the Warriors.
This was the same logic used for Paul George

people out here saying the warriors ruined the league again lol

hell nah im more excited now about the season in years

whats lebron gonna do with the lakers

can houston do what they did last year

the spurs in shambles

are the warriors running on e after 5 straight finals

will okc finally be a contender with roberson back and melo gone

will the wolves finally impode

are the mavericks the real young core

will juicy j finally get the minutes he deserves in new orleans

will the celtics mesh well with all that talent

can the sixers take the next step

will the raptors actually become a contender now that lebron gone

will the knicks finally get the number one pick in the draft lottery

**** i just might get the real nba league pass this year instead of the bootleg $15 one :lol:

Eeeeeeexactly. No one is giving up the NBA one bit

So Boogie says he got zero offers and contacted the Warriors after not receiving any interest?

But he is ring chasing.

These GMs thought they had LEVERAGE because there was no money in the market. Sounds like the Pelicans and Lakers thought they could get him for peanuts. So he made an executive decision to play for the Champs for said peanuts.

This was the same logic used for Paul George
That's one of the few times trading for a rental worked out.

Dwight left for nothing, Butler is about to leave, rumors of Kyrie going to NY.

It's a risk either way. I'm of with betting on Kawhi coming in free agency, unless you can get him without Ingram Zo or Kuz being involved.

I'd argue they just don't have the ability to.

You have to have stars. Multiple. You either draft them or you're in the right place at the right time. There's a lot of luck involved in that side of it, honestly.

If I were an NBA GM, I literally would never invest multi-year big money contracts into guys that weren't stars until I had my stars in place. The way teams are spending this year is exactly how I'd treat every offseason. There's been some potentially really sneaky good signings this offseason in terms of guys that'll either help your team of be really solid trade pieces at the deadline.

It's all about acquiring assets and hoping the right opportunity presents itself.
You need ownership support to do this though :lol: Your owner could put out a “win-now” mandate like Mikhail Prokorov and if you refuse you’re out of a job

2D7A39C2-065B-4871-A9E1-8500174EA665.gif

What? Why? After how he played last year, going "all in" on Zach is an unnecessary risk. Zach may not even be a good basketball player.

Just because you're not a #1 or 2 option, doesnt mean you're not a good basketball player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom