• July

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • August

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • September

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
CYverino :nthat:

DiDi man, dude might be the biggest steal ever. Cash needs to wear a black mask when he's in these meetings. he must have some real dirt on Arizona, especially if Drury turns out to be something ....

hurts to do it to my man tho, sucks the Yanks aint showin him a lil more pre game love or a lil Donnie baseball chant from the crowd till he tipped his cap would be awesome. I'd probably cry on some real **** :lol:

27750166_753162771547131_7239050886330284257_n.jpg

:nthat:

Betances in a 1 run game!?

He got through it.

These games are largely inconsequential. If we want to get him back, have to keep putting the ball in his hands in those situations until he can figure it out.

We're not too far removed from him being one of the most dominant guys out of the bullpen.

We gotta tighten up our fielding. 3rd Most errors in the league.

Stanton & Sanchez need to get going. For as bad as Stanton has been, Sanchez has been worse at the plate. They'll figure it out though.
Judge, Didi and Gardy are playing really well, and more than picking up the slack. To me at least, it doesn't appear like any of them are putting up fluke stats. Judge is a 300+ hitter, who walks a ton. Not convinced Didi is a 330 hitter, but he's rounding out his game by being patient, and covering the plate really well. 3.5 to 1 BB to K ratio. Gardy has always been patient, so his OBP has always been good, for him it's more so bad luck as to why he's a .260 hitter and not in the .280s.

Tanaka will round out, he always does, we do this every single year with him. Jump off a bridge, and he then quietly pieces it together and goes on a weird run. But the key is getting Gray & Betances to normal.

Didi taking more walks was the next step to his game. Glad to see he's doing that, at least early on.

How long before Gleyber takes Wade/Walker's job?

New York will definitely ween out the softies :smh:

tumblr_nedxli6wNJ1r4khypo1_500.gif

dude is buns ... send him to Colorado and he'll win a cy young ....

This team has me worried. The pitching overall is terrible. Pen is awful and starting pitching is mediocre. Offense will heat up but that's about it. Get Gray out of here and trade for a front end arm at the deadline. Not gonna lie to you Joe was weak in his last couple years but he always gave me a calming vibe and made the right decisions lineup wise and especially with the pen. Boone really does neither and it's puzzling why

Last edited:
^^ yeah our pitching in all phases is just terrible!!! This team has one good starting pitcher! ONE!!

I miss the Andy Pettitte’s, David Cones, David Wells, Rodger Clemson’s (steroid Clemson’s), Ching Ming Wang’s, Mike Mussina’s, CC Sabathia (fat CC), and the Mariano Rivera’s of the world.

The pitchers we have now don’t fit the Yankee mold. Players like Judge, Didi, and Gardner seem like true Yankees but for some reason not our pitchers. It could be just me though...

You’re not going to have 5 great SP.

-Sevy has been Ace.
-CC has been pretty good again.
-Tanaka always does this every year, but then puts it together and is fine, and will have a streak where he’ll be unhittable . He’s also had 2 really good starts out of 4. We gotta stop having this conversation with him. Even when he has rough stretches that last a month or two. He’ll then all of sudden become a cyborg in other parts of the year.

Team also has plenty of assets to go out and grab SP. Clint Frazier, Montgomery and Bird are a good start for SP.

Chapman has been great. He somehow has a -0.36 FIP. Green has been great. Robertson has let in a lot of runs, but he’s still under a 1 WHIP. That becomes a luck thing for DRob. Shreve hasn’t been been too bad.

Dellin and Warren have been really rough so far though.

Final part: Pitching is certainly inconsistent. But there’s certainly bright spots. Sevy. CC still bringing it. Chapman. Green. DRob for the most part. It’s really just getting consistency from Tanaka and Dellin. If those two get rolling or can be just decent/steadying pitchers, then there’s nothing to worry about. And everyone just settling down a bit because we do have a plethora of assets to go after SP.

Last edited:
Fire Boone! Tired of the dude already. Hate to say it, but we're not making it to the world series this year.

Seems like Boone consistently does everything wrong. Only reason we're .500 is because of talent alone, should've gave Joe one more year with a team option for two :smh:

I'm not close to panicking yet.

Stanton & Sanchez will eventually do what they've been doing for years. Judge & Didi will regress a bit. Tanaka & Gray aren't this bad. Boston won't win 17 of every 19 games. Everything will regress to the mean.

We've played relatively bad for 11% of the season & we're .500. Let's all relax.

Back
Top Bottom