Votes: 1 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • August

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • September

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
Sucks they lost, but man it was a great experience from those seats. Gotta get myself in the bleachers soon.

Bleachers are where it's at for cheap tix. But your seats yesterday take the cake :pimp: . Two seasons ago I sat that close for a Mets game at Citi Field and it was terrifying :lol: no netting at all.

Regardless of our lineup we have a team that will win 90 games. I think our potential is 105 wins honestly, but the difference between the 2 is how we do with men on.

I’m not going to freak out at all with a team that’s won 15 of 18 series, split 2, and only lost 1. There's no need to panic. But going in order, here's what I've seen

Gardner – He’s hitting .258/.350 which is basically who he is. Gardner is a .255-.270 hitter with a OBP of .340-.350 historically. He’s been at .315 BA & .380 OBP since May 4th when he dipped under 200. But even with the surge, he’s at his average.

Since June 1st .265/.294. I love Gardy, he’s a staple of the team, and a great locker room guy, and a hell of a fielder. But he’s not a leadoff hitter anymore. He does work the count, he sees a lot of pitches. But he’s really a 4th OFer at this point. Get him 100 games LF, CF & RF throughout a season, but he’s not an every day.

I’m fine with him this year, but we need a leadoff guy who hits for better contact, gets on base a little bit more, and won’t be so conservative on the bases.

Judge – Not really much to complain about. He’s not walking as much, striking out at the same rate. But he also gets screwed a bit by the strike zone. He’ll have months when he’ll hit .320 in the month, but I don’t think it’s really fair to ask a 6’7” guy to hit .320 in a season, there’s just too much plate to cover.

He’s on pace to play every game, 116 walks, 220 Ks (127 & 208 in 155 games last year). 44 homeruns 111RBIs (52 & 114 last year).

I’m not going to complain about that season.

Didi – Inconsistent, but I think more than anything else what happened is expectations. Through the first month, you could make the case that he was the MVP. The way teams approached our lineup was I gotta be careful with Judge, I can relax a bit with Didi because I can’t relax with Stanton & Sanchez because they could make me pay. But the issue is if you mess up Didi will make you pay. The first 25 games, Didi was hitting .368/.459 with 10HRs 30RBIs 8-2Bs, 17 walks. Didi could be patient because a pitcher had to pitch to him, because if you don’t then you have 2 guys on for Stanton & Judge. Allowed him to be patient, and take his time on the pitch

But when you’re hitting everything and making pitchers pay, your approach and the approach of the pitcher changes. After a few weeks, pitchers began pitching him like a Superstar Power Hitter and rather than being patient, he was getting too aggressive thinking he can hit anything, and it will work out.

First 25 again : .368 / .459 10HR, 30 RBIs, 8-2Bs,17 BBs
Next 22: .099/.146 1HR, 4RBIs, 3-2Bs, 5BB
Last 16: .344/.403 3 HR, 6RBIs, 0- 2Bs, 5BB (Dip in RBIs has to do with 50 point drop in Team OBP compared to the first 25 games)

Don’t think he’s a batting title candidate, but considering where he’s in the order. If he just stays patient, and let’s the pitchers come to him because let’s face it, they have to. I think him going .300/.360-.375 OBP with 20HRs to close it out isn’t out of the question at all, if he just let’s the pitchers come to him.

Giancarlo - .243 / .320 16HR, 37RBI, 26BB, 92K. He’s on pace for 39HR, 89RBI, 62BB, 222Ks.

He’s probably 30 point lower as a hitter than he should be. And should be walking at a slightly higher rate. Nerves, pressure, I don’t know what it is.

.197 / .274 with men on. 117 ABS 5HR, 26RBIs. His career, he’s .253 / .356 with men on

That’s the difference between he and Judge. Regardless they’ll always hit 40 – 50 HRs with relative ease. But Judge has a far different approach to the plate. Stanton is still a very valuable player, he’s just gotta practice some patience.

Sanchez - I wouldn’t trade him, I wouldn’t send him to the minors. But everything has gone wrong for him.

.260 / .340 is all we need from him. Expectations for Catchers is low to begin with offensively. He’ll crush 40 Homeruns, Drive in 90 runs, and that would put him at top 2-3 offensive catchers in the league

His biggest issue is Men on & RISP. Last year .281-.289 with .356-.365. This year with men on .210/.322 , RISP .237/.378. He’s just not making contact like he did last year. His BABIP is 105 points lower this year. Not making contact, and not making good enough contact

Bird – Too soon to call it for him. 21 at bats with men on .048 / .167. Compared to the 44 at bats with no one on .295/.314.

But again 17 games is too soon to call, and he’s also been hitting behind Stanton & Sanchez who are not getting on that much.

Andujar & Torres I’m elated with. No complaints, they’re doing what they’re supposed to. I’d like Andujar to walk more, but he’s a rookie, and bats 6th,7th or 8th in the order.

Hicks I’m okay with. I don’t think he should be 6th or 7th, I think he should be 9th, but neither here nor there he’s a smaller cast member of the team. But to draw a comparison he’s hitting .243 / .341 OBP. Gardner is .258/.350, just shows that Gardner is not a leadoff guy anymore.

Boone needs to lock Stanton & Sanchez in a batting cage until they lay off a low & away slider.

There's times where they see the exact same pitch 3 times in a row & swing at all 3.

Bryce tryin to show the Yanks he don't need no beard, just 40 mil a year :lol:

this Soto kid is killing us, another BLAST :wow:

We were hitting this dude hard all night. Only a matter of time before we broke out.

Last Friday, courtesy of the job

IMG_20180615_194532.jpg
IMG_20180615_195849.jpg

IMG_20180615_195841.jpg

IMG_20180615_195957.jpg

Been to more games this season than ever and loving every one (except the 1st one back in April and it was brick).

Why is he a must tho? Where are you putting him?
It's meant to be, Harper and the Yankees. Put him in the OF, Stanton as a DH, you can move on from Hicks or resign him as long as it isn't anything large against the cap, he's one of those players whom if you have a shot at, you take it, period.

Back
Top Bottom