Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't see the problem with retiring early or even cherry picking. But some people bring up that Thurman was the one running his mouth saying he's willing to fight everyone and not afraid to lose his 0.

I mean he fought Porter and DSG. The only person you can make an argument that he ducked is Errol, but you can make that argument for everybody. I’m not even a Thurman fan or anything but dude gets a little too much flack considering his resume compared to the rest of the welterweight division.

Also I think pre shoulder surgery he would’ve been a tough out for Errol and Bud, unfortunately it just seems like he ain’t the same dude anymore, in which case I’m not really trying to see him against either of them.

Many think that since Thurman got married in Nepal he's lost it mentally to want to box for much longer

Not sure if this was posted here already, but I know some of you were wondering.

:smh: don't trust anyone to handle your finances

even though pac is washed i see this as a good fight... hes still better than a lot of fighters right now in their prime... after this fight i want thurman to fight spence or crawford just one of them geez... but i dont see it happening any time soon... i dont see any of those 3 fighting each other really

I think Al Haymon will make Thurman fight Spence next. (Assuming he beats Porter and Thurman beats Pac.) To get Spence all 3 belts and make the Crawford vs. Spence a unification fight.

I wish Haymon wouldn't have let ppl duck Spence for so long, but he probably made more money that way.

Also think Thurman vs. Spence can be a great fight. I think we all forgot how nice Thurman was before the injuries.

A4F38A70-9C63-48E0-8BFD-E8842173371C.jpeg

:rofl::rofl::rofl:if true, that offer is an insult. :rofl:

doesnt trainers usually get 10%-15%, maybe 20% on the high end, of what their boxers take in?

lets say he does get 10%, if ggg signed that $100 mil and offered him 1/5th of what he was getting, that's still $2m

it seemed like he wanted the typical 10% which would have been $10m

Trainers usually get 10% standard before the boxers start making the really big purses and then the boxers will want to negotiate a flat fee, often times they'll split for those reasons like Naseem Hamed and Brendan Ingle back in the days once Naz purses got to the multi millions per fight. Same thing with cut man 3% becoming a flat fee once the purses become big

Abel’s response pretty much solidifies he’s the greedy one in this situation. Pretty normal to restructure the trainer’s take to a flat fee when you start making a certain amount. Dude really thinks he deserves $10mil of that $100mil deal? He can’t even give proper corner advice to his fighters.

There’s been a lot of funny commentary about the situation with folks basically calling him a top rate PE teacher. His system of training clearly okay as far as developing power and strength or fitness, but he doesn’t seem to have a boxing IQ really.

Thing that gets me is Abel owns or used to own a construction company and was already a millionaire outside of training boxers. He’s set for life already, these fighters usually aren’t and they have a lot more life left than a dude in his 60s. Abel seems like a drama queen and his true colors are shining bright the way he is handling this.

Back
Top Bottom