Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Has Papachenko ever worked with anyone long term who doesn't fight in that style?

Roach and Robert would be good fits stylistically.

Joke would be on them, Abel doesn’t know how to work a corner. Odds are Canelo and the Reynoso’s understand GGG’s abilities and style better than Abel these days.
Not to replace his current trainer but to play mind games. Similar to how Cotto hired Nazim Richardson to inspect Margarito's gloves in their rematch and Floyd Mayweather got Ariza when he fought Pacquiao.

Has Papachenko ever worked with anyone long term who doesn't fight in that style?

Roach and Robert would be good fits stylistically.

While Papachenko does train others, it’s much more limited. He’s always said he can’t really commit because he will always dedicate his attention to his son.

Gallo's machismo got them best of him in those later rounds but SSR should have never switched from southpaw in this fight.

Gallito is a brawler. The next fight I want to see is Oscar Valdez and Santa Cruz but I know SC is itching to get another shot at Frampton

Easter is trash. I could have gone in there and knockout both of these scrubs. They should hold their purses after this performance.

Shoulda just caught his *** whoopin and cashed that $6.5 million dollar check :smh:

A 6 month ban from the rankings isn't even a slap on the wrist though, that's basically nothing at all

The sanctioning bodies can keep him from fighting for a belt, but it's up to the commissions to actually ban him from fighting right?

I don't think he should get a lifetime ban, but if they're serious about this being a clean sport (or at least putting up the facade like they care) he should probably get a year to two year ban. I think a year and a half (6 months for each substance) would be fair.

Back
Top Bottom