Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why would Danny vs Mikey even be considered as a PPV in anybody’s mind.

Anyway, so Spence vs Porter and Crawford vs ...Brook? And then the big fight in October I guess. Seems very doable if both sides are serious about getting it done.

Why would Danny vs Mikey even be considered as a PPV in anybody’s mind.

Anyway, so Spence vs Porter and Crawford vs ...Brook? And then the big fight in October I guess. Seems very doable if both sides are serious about getting it done.

They're trying to milk the MX-PR rivalry.

If this fight actually does get made, I'd assume it nixes both the Spence-Porter and Crawford-Brook fights because you're going to need all summer to adequately promote it.

They're trying to milk the MX-PR rivalry.

If this fight actually does get made, I'd assume it nixes both the Spence-Porter and Crawford-Brook fights because you're going to need all summer to adequately promote it.

Fair enough as far as the Mx-Pr rivalry, but Mikey just looked like **** getting beat down by Spence. And that fight only did 360k ppv buys.

I'm not necessarily mad at the fight, but this ain't De La Hoya Trinidad. I don't see either of those dudes having enough juice with their respective countries to put up huge numbers. But I could be wrong.

And actually if it interferes with those other fights getting made then yeah I am mad at it :lol:. Could be a fun fight but it doesn't mean much right now (unless Mikey miraculously pulls out a win).

Maybe the network wants more eyes on Spence? Only good reason I can think of.

I can see that. I'm definitely not complaining if I can get Spence vs Porter for free.

Arum is going to bring this up to make his case that Spence is not a draw and prolong the negotiations for Crawford vs Spence.

Crawford Khan ppv buys weren't so hot from what I read, and Crawford Postol buys were terrible. Maybe Arum doesn't want to play that game this time.

Crawford Khan ppv buys weren't so hot from what I read, and Crawford Postol buys were terrible. Maybe Arum doesn't want to play that game this time.
Right... but Arum can say look even after Spence-Garcia, Haymon and PBC put Spence on Regular Fox but Mikey Garcia on PPV in thier next fight.

Right... but Arum can say look even after Spence-Garcia, Haymon and PBC put Spence on Regular Fox but Mikey Garcia on PPV in thier next fight.

Yeah that's not a great look. I do think Spence is starting to edge Crawford in terms of casuals being aware of him, but neither one is really a big draw right now. Hopefully haggling over whatever slight difference in popularity they have doesn't kill the whole thing.

But also, they might not admit it but Crawford needs this fight, or a fight with any of the top PBC guys, way more than Spence needs Crawford. The winner of Pac-Thurman or DSG after he beats Mikey are high profile fights that can keep Spence busy, and possibly get him another belt. Crawford got a washed Kell Brook and a bunch of no names available. And he's 31 vs. Spence's 29. Hopefully they stop playing around and make this thing happen.

So... I was around a very reputable source this weekend, someone from Floyd’s Camp with a prominent role in his camp actually and.... he’s starting to hear the whispers of “get ready... Floyd is gearing up.”

December. Catchweight 157 / 158...

Canelo Vs Floyd 2

Going to sell it as his most dangerous fight / the rematch / canelo was young then and now he’s the guy / DAZN x Showtime etc... going to be huge.

But that’s what is being thrown around in the circle. Let’s see if that’s really what happens

Yeah that's not a great look. I do think Spence is starting to edge Crawford in terms of casuals being aware of him, but neither one is really a big draw right now. Hopefully haggling over whatever slight difference in popularity they have doesn't kill the whole thing.

But also, they might not admit it but Crawford needs this fight, or a fight with any of the top PBC guys, way more than Spence needs Crawford. The winner of Pac-Thurman or DSG after he beats Mikey are high profile fights that can keep Spence busy, and possibly get him another belt. Crawford got a washed Kell Brook and a bunch of no names available. And he's 31 vs. Spence's 29. Hopefully they stop playing around and make this thing happen.
Indeed. The winner of Ugas vs Figuero is another potential opponent for Spence on the PBC side.

So... I was around a very reputable source this weekend, someone from Floyd’s Camp with a prominent role in his camp actually and.... he’s starting to hear the whispers of “get ready... Floyd is gearing up.”

December. Catchweight 157 / 158...

Canelo Vs Floyd 2

Going to sell it as his most dangerous fight / the rematch / canelo was young then and now he’s the guy / DAZN x Showtime etc... going to be huge.

But that’s what is being thrown around in the circle. Let’s see if that’s really what happens

floyd would have to be getting like 300 milllion because as much as i love him he would be taken a L in this fight.

floyd would have to be getting like 300 milllion because as much as i love him he would be taken a L in this fight.

Same thing buddy told me. Said he really might lose that fight, which is why they’ll sell it so hard and it’ll make the $$$ substantial enough for him to jump back in

Same thing buddy told me. Said he really might lose that fight, which is why they’ll sell it so hard and it’ll make the $$$ substantial enough for him to jump back in
Wouldn't it make more sense for him to wait for Pacquiao-Thurman winner and hope it's Pacquiao? After all Pacmam is with Haymon now so negotiations won't be a PITA.

Wouldn't it make more sense for him to wait for Pacquiao-Thurman winner and hope it's Pacquiao? After all Pacmam is with Haymon now so negotiations won't be a PITA.

Yeah i thought that. But you know Canelo signed that big DAZN deal which makes him the highest paid boxer right now so you know Floyd doesn’t want to be one upped on that

Wasn’t he just talking about suicide last week? I don’t know if he’s attention whoring, trolling, or just seriously off. Hope dude gets some help if it’s the latter.

That aside, don’t give a damn when he’s fighting next

Wasn’t he just talking about suicide last week? I don’t know if he’s attention whoring, trolling, or just seriously off. Hope dude gets some help if it’s the latter.

That aside, don’t give a damn when he’s fighting next

Steve Kim on his pod said that Broner pulls one of these stunts every time Al doesn't want to give him an advance.

He's basically a fourteen year old girl.

Back
Top Bottom