OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

He's also not going to play if they're losing big games. Jalen's a fool. But go head, burn that redshirt year. Only logic I see is if he thinks this OC and QBC is teaching him a lot and he can get better here more than he can elsewhere.

Jalen graduates in January he's not transferring right now

IMO he should have made a red-shirt pact with Saban where he only plays if Tua is hurt. That way he would graduate this winter and still have 2 years of eligibility left after this season. If Saban wasn't down for it, then he should have transferred. Now he's a straight back-up QB who only plays when Bama is up 30. Their 3rd string QB can hand the ball off in garbage time, no need to burn a year of Jalen's eligibility for that.

At the end of the day, he did what's best for the team, not himself. It's a self-less, team first move but not good for his career.

No please, tell me again why USC's complaints about Larry Scott are unjustified? :

Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott warned that a Los Angeles County Superior Court judge’s tentative decision that the show-cause penalty against former USC assistant football coach Todd McNair violated California law “would threaten the NCAA membership” of the organization’s four schools in the state if adopted.

“If California law prevents institutions in that state from honoring such commitments, it is hard to see how the Pac-12’s Member Universities in California could continue to meet the requirements of NCAA membership,” Scott wrote in a three-page sworn declaration filed in court Friday. “Thus, the Court’s tentative ruling would place at risk the competitive and scholarship opportunities that flow from NCAA participation for the Pac-12’s California Member Universities.”

Scott’s declaration floating the possibility of removing the nation’s second-largest market from the NCAA was attached to a filing by NCAA attorneys objecting to the tentative ruling.

The Pac-12 declined to comment further and did not make Scott available for an interview.

“Under McNair’s interpretation of California law, even if the NCAA has conclusive proof that a coach was breaking the rules — say, a video of the coach paying players or receiving money from agents — it would be powerless to sanction that coach in any way that would restrain his ability to continue unabated in his present duties and responsibilities,” the NCAA’s filing said.

In another declaration, Big West Commissioner Dennis Farrell said the ruling would “force the Big West’s California member institutions to devote substantially more resources to self-monitoring and self-policing, because they could no longer rely on the NCAA’s disciplinary process …”

Scott invoked the FBI’s investigation into bribery and corruption in college basketball that included the indictment of former USC associate head coach Tony Bland.

“The Court’s tentative ruling, by contrast, would render all show-cause penalties unenforceable in the state of California,” Scott’s declaration said. “Doing so would risk worsening the problems identified in the federal criminal investigation ... by removing a major deterrent to NCAA rules violations.”

Jalen graduates in January he's not transferring right now

It doesn't matter when he graduates. He has two years of eligibility left. By playing this year he's burning one of those years. He will only have one season to go elsewhere, learn the offense and impress in it.

If he had transferred in August like everyone thought he was going to, he'd have sat out this year (he basically is aside from a 4th quarter appearance every game) and been good to start next season with two years left to play in the event of injury or just a slow start. As is, he's throwing this season away. It makes no sense unless he thinks he's learning and getting better right now.

He's making a mistake allowing Saban to burn a year of eligibility on the role he's playing right now.

Graduating in January or not, he should be enrolled somewhere else right now, working out and preserving every opportunity he can to grow and get better as a quarterback.

Does staying at Bama right now and playing next year somewhere else better position him for ANY future in the NFL, as a quarterback or another position, than sitting this year out and playing two years at the next stop?

nako xl nako xl casper90403 casper90403

Let’s say things get worse for Pete in Seattle, would you guys still want him back? He’s 68 now right? Wonder how much longer he’d coach

Yes and no. He's a great coach and would be an upgrade to Clay in most ways. But honestly, Pete looks like a mess in Seattle right now and I'm grossed out by his cozying up to men's rights groups and the 9/11 truther stuff (though there's an older orange county wing of SC's fan base that loves that ****.) He also bailed on SC once. I question how long he'd stick around. Would we just be in this exact situation again in 3-4 years with a different one of his OC's as our HC?

Honestly, my pipe dream is that Clay starts cracking heads in the administration to force them to support him with the resources he needs, hires better assistants, and starts listening to those assistants. And ensuring that the players are practicing better.

The compromise ideal? That we hire one of the really good young up and coming coaches if Clay proves to be an failure. I'm kinda over old dudes. I'd take Bob Stoops though. He's not really that old though there's always the concern (that he shares) that he could die on the job...

DJ :pimp:

If we end up with Bryce Young and not him, I will secretly boo Bryce in my mind. There's no comparison.

DJ's brother is going to be an animal when he gets to high school. Hands for days.

Bird in the hand man. And DJ's dad kinda sucks :lol:

I'm also still not convinced he's going to play football.

Bird in the hand man. And DJ's dad kinda sucks :lol:

I'm also still not convinced he's going to play football.
I dont care if Bryce Young has kids who like him. He's just ok to me. He can take over for Kahlil Tate or play at Nebraska. He's not a USC QB.

And his Dad is cool as hell. Does he have a bad rap with being a helicopter dad?

I'll agree, not sure if football is going to be his sport. He wants to play both but that 1st round baseball money is no joke, and they NEED it.

All i know is USC wants DJ more than Bryce.

His dad talks. A LOT. He was throwing shade at Bryce on Twitter after he committed to SC cuz he wanted the spot for DJ (assuming he decides to play football) but still wants DJ to get recruited and to get the hype. What I've read is he has rivalries with a lot of other parents too. He just comes off annoying.

USC does want DJ more. But remember what happened when SC wanted Costello more than Shea?

His Dad definitely isnt afraid to voice his opinion. Nobody is going to tell him otherwise. He's like Suge Knight walking around during the game.

He knows what he has and that gets in his way, I'm sure. Big family. He's the ticket.

Bryce isnt even on the same level as DJ. Thats what bugs me. They were definitely afraid to commit to DJ because of the baseball thing. Couldnt be left holding the bag with nothing if he decided to go play baseball. I get it.

DJ's arm is unreal and he's a big QB that is still growing. But Bryce isn't just some bum man... :lol:

No guarantee DJ even commits here. Clemson is recruiting him... differently.

Back
Top Bottom