OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Bama is better than everyone else because they get the best players, but the infrastructure is also there to get the most out of those guys, which where the large support staff and the team of analysts come into play.

They were better than everyone before they starting becoming a half-way house for broken coaches. They're better than everyone because they had the #1 recruiting class for 8 years in a row.

They were still hoarding a big staff just not washed big names coaches. Big staff get them recruits to perform and don’t miss a beat, saw how they coughed up a million to keep Scott Sinclair from Georgia.

Bama gotta start putting offensive NFL players in the league who produce though. You can’t keep winning NCs then and having all of your offensive skill players end up being middling to busts.

Bama gotta start putting offensive NFL players in the league who produce though. You can’t keep winning NCs then and having all of your offensive skill players end up being middling to busts.
I keep telling my bama fan friends this. All they respond with is roll tide.

Julio, Coop, and Ingram are middling?

Julio is an exception. Cooper is nothing special and Ingram is solid. Pretty average though.

Reuben Foster has a chance though..

Depends on your definition of “middling” then. When I think middling I think career journeymen, not average league starters.

Legitimate superstars in the league are pretty spread out as far as the colleges they attended, which makes sense since they are incredibly rare players to come by.

I don’t think it makes much sense to judge schools by who produces the most of them.

Depends on your definition of “middling” then. When I think middling I think career journeymen, not average league starters.

Legitimate superstars in the league are pretty spread out as far as the colleges they attended, which makes sense since they are incredibly rare players to come by.

I don’t think it makes much sense to judge schools by who produces the most of them.

Agree and disagree. When you’ve had the recruiting classes that Alabama has had the past decade or so, you’d expect more “stars” or pros with long, solid careers. But if you want to get an NFL paycheck and win a Natty along the way, nothing wrong with going to Tuscaloosa.

As much as it pains me to say this, take Miami. Not so great production some years, probation, and the Randy Shannon era hurt in Coral Gables, but good grief the amount of production the ‘Canes have turned out since the ‘80s is crazy. During their championship runs and just prior they churned out solid pros and at least 4 HoFers. Kelly, Kennedy, Irvin, Sapp, and maybe Ed Reed will be added to that list, too. (May be forgetting some names). Mind you, I’m spanning several decades, but still.

Bro. They have 5 championship teams and you named 3 guys. (And Coop struggled last season and game 1 this year.)

Still, 5 championships and 3 guys? Their defense has guys everywhere.

Prior to Lane, Saban's MO on offense was to not mess up the game for the defense. It's not surprising those O's didn't produce much upper tier NFL level skill talent, they didn't have much. I still have no idea what happened to T Rich, and Lacy got fat/couldn't stay healthy, but guys like Yeldon, Bo, Kenyan Drake, and even Derrick Henry were thought of to be better players in college than they actually were because of the teams they played on. We don't remember or look at those guys the same way if they played on average P5 teams.

This is the first year where Saban's actually had a team with an offense as good, if not better (It's better right now on S&P+) than it's defense.

I like TJ Yeldon in the league a lot. Just sucks he's on the Jags w/ Fournette. I think he's better than him for today's NFL.

Bro. They have 5 championship teams and you named 3 guys. (And Coop struggled last season and game 1 this year.)

Still, 5 championships and 3 guys? Their defense has guys everywhere.
Cooper been trash since his 2nd season. The league done figured him out. He has a limited route tree

Bama has basically played a power run game that took some PA deep shots until now. Think Jeudy, Smith and Ruggs all can be really good.

Back
Top Bottom