OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

A little off topic from the games today, but I was having a conversation with a buddy of mine about Nick Saban. I that 4 is good of an X's and O's coach as Nick Saban is, his success is due primarily to his outrageous recruiting.

My argument was, that the last team that Alabama played that was equally, if not more talented than them was that 2014 Ohio State team (Cardale Jones, Zeke Elliot, Eli Apple, Joey Bosa, etc.) that beat them. I wasn't trying to down Nick Saban, but IMO the key to beating these Alabama teams is to field the team that's equally talented, more so than trying to out scheme Nick Saban.

do you guys agree that Alabama hasn't played a team equally talented to them in the last 4 years? I really look at the schedule over the last couple of years and I don't see one.

But recruiting is the biggest part of the game. And it doesn’t always come down to talent. Look at the 2015 Ohio state team, probably one of the most talented in recent memory and they didn’t even make the playoff

Saban coaches his team to do the little things right. That's been the difference in a number of games against comparable opponents.
Bama doesn't beat themselves with mistakes.

So true and when a mistake is made it is rarely made again

Yeah this OU defense is trash. At least in the past they had some standout pass rushers to make up for Stoops but this year they got nothing

Not watching, but how does northwestern keep giving up these big leads?
Also, Maryland giving Michigan problems right now.

Saban coaches his team to do the little things right. That's been the difference in a number of games against comparable opponents.
Bama doesn't beat themselves with mistakes.

And the front thing about UGA fans trying to throw shade is that I'm almost positive they're top 3 or at 5 worst with sending talent to the NFL over the past decade but no chips to show for it. That's the different in having elite talent and bringing the best out of that talent on the field and excelling in pressure moments.

Back
Top Bottom