OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

OU defense is garbage...Texas should get whatever they want against them. And Mike Stoops probably gonna get a 5 year extension on top of his lifetime contract after this

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...cle_1af6284e-0274-5266-b836-2f154b20ba52.html

But what about an underclassmen player like Lindsey? He’s got a redshirt year available, so he can use it for this fall despite the fact he appeared in Nebraska’s first four games, but he’s not graduating this year. As far as the people I’ve talked to understand it, he still has to sit next season to satisfy normal NCAA transfer guidelines. Redshirting alone doesn't satisfy the transfer penalty of a year, and it doesn't seem likely that Lindsey or other players can actually get enrolled at a new school any faster than they would have under the old rules.

So now we know why Jalen hurts didn't transfer. Underclassmen, who haven't graduated yet still have to sit out next year even if they transfer within the four-game limit. If Jalen had graduated, he'd probably be gone.

A little off topic from the games today, but I was having a conversation with a buddy of mine about Nick Saban. I that 4 is good of an X's and O's coach as Nick Saban is, his success is due primarily to his outrageous recruiting.

My argument was, that the last team that Alabama played that was equally, if not more talented than them was that 2014 Ohio State team (Cardale Jones, Zeke Elliot, Eli Apple, Joey Bosa, etc.) that beat them. I wasn't trying to down Nick Saban, but IMO the key to beating these Alabama teams is to field the team that's equally talented, more so than trying to out scheme Nick Saban.

do you guys agree that Alabama hasn't played a team equally talented to them in the last 4 years? I really look at the schedule over the last couple of years and I don't see one.

For real though, why can't Oklahoma recruit defensive players? For as good as there recruiting classes have been, their defenses are always trash against decent opponents.

Why y'all consistently try to downplay Saban when he's clearly the GOAT is beyond me. Crootin is the lifeblood of CFB and he's the best at it. I'd say UGA and Clemson have had comparable talent when they faced Bama. Can't really downplay the Xs and Os aspect of him when he's in charge of the defense which has consistently been top 5 over the last 5 years or so.

All Blacks tonight :pimp:
7:30 Start
Love might be out, so it's KJ time, get the damn ball to OSB and JJ
Hudson Henry here on an unofficial, two top 2020 prospects here as well
Season defining game...5-1 into the bye or 4-2 and trending downward
Lets get it

4 FB seasons living on the WC. Still not used to football being on when I wake up or having to rush home from work to catch an EC night game lol.

Last edited:
3 years living on the WC. Still not used to football being on when I wake up or having to rush home from work to catch an EC night game lol.

I've been on the west coast since 2013 and I love it. I'm an early riser so I usually get up and go to the gym and then the early games are on by the time I get back.

I also like that the late games on the east coast and around 8 p.m. here. I always used to hate having to watch college football till almost midnight when I was in Atlanta.

A little off topic from the games today, but I was having a conversation with a buddy of mine about Nick Saban. I that 4 is good of an X's and O's coach as Nick Saban is, his success is due primarily to his outrageous recruiting.

My argument was, that the last team that Alabama played that was equally, if not more talented than them was that 2014 Ohio State team (Cardale Jones, Zeke Elliot, Eli Apple, Joey Bosa, etc.) that beat them. I wasn't trying to down Nick Saban, but IMO the key to beating these Alabama teams is to field the team that's equally talented, more so than trying to out scheme Nick Saban.

do you guys agree that Alabama hasn't played a team equally talented to them in the last 4 years? I really look at the schedule over the last couple of years and I don't see one.

Auburn, Clemson, and Georgia have all had comparable talent.

Back
Top Bottom