OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Arizona seems to upset Oregon regularly in recent memory.

7 ranked teams lost to unranked opponents this week

Last edited:
Bro. Talanoa Hufanga broke his collar bone.

We have two healthy safeties left on the roster. IPM tore his labrum and 3 others transferred out week 1. Someone go find Jamel Cook and drag him back.

It's crazy to me that Jake Browning got benched. If you would have told me 2 years ago that he would ever see the bench at any stage in his career, I would have thought you were crazy.

Players like Jake Browning and JT Barrett amaze me. Guys who peak at quarterback early in their career and then either plateau or regress over the next couple years just don't make sense to me.

Last edited:
It's interesting, when the 4 playoff with announced, we all knew that one of the power 5 conferences (and ND) was going to get the short end of the stick each year.

So far, that conference has been the PAC 12 (only 1 team in the first 4 years of the playoff, and they're definitely not getting a team in this year) and I don't see that changing any time soon. I wonder how long before the commissioner starts complaining about it.

Last edited:
It's interesting, when the 4 playoff with announced, we all knew that one of the power 5 conferences (and ND) was going to get the short end of the stick each year.

So far, that conference has been the PAC 12 (only 1 team in the first 4 years of the playoff, and they're definitely not getting a team in this year) and I don't see that changing any time soon. I wonder how long before the commissioner starts complaining about it.

Pac 12 has had 2 teams in. Oregon year 1 played in the NC. UW got in in 2016. Big 12 has been shafted more.

Wazzu will get in if they win out.

12 win champion Wazzu with the 1 loss by 3 on the road against a healthier USC? They’ll have a better schedule and more wins than OU. B1G champ may have 2 losses.

It would be 1. Bama 2. Clemson 3. ND 4. Wazzu/UM/OU

“healthier USC” was still not a good team.

Even if Wazzu is the better team, there is 0 chance they are getting in over brand names like OU, OSU, and Michigan.

Their only shot is to hope that the B1G champ gets two loses and WVU or Texas win the Big XII.

Wazzou is not getting in

You think the cfb committee turns down a name brand for wazzou?

That team in the playoffs?? Give me a break

A 1-loss Wazzu gets in over all 2 loss teams including SEC runner up. Only teams ahead of them that will get in over them will be OU and UM/tO$U because they will probably have 1 loss as well. If they win out Wazzu won’t be left out for a 2-loss team. If ND loses to any team remaining on their schedule they may get left out too bc they won’t have a CCG and their schedule in hindsight is pretty bad.

Alternatively if UGA or LSU win the SEC then 2 SEC teams get in and Wazzu is out.

12 win champion Wazzu with the 1 loss by 3 on the road against a healthier USC? They’ll have a better schedule and more wins than OU. B1G champ may have 2 losses.

It would be 1. Bama 2. Clemson 3. ND 4. Wazzu/UM/OU

If the decision is a 1 loss Big 10 team (Ohio State or Michigan) vs. a 1 loss Oklahoma vs a 1 loss WSU they're picking the Big 10 or Oklahoma. If ND drops a game, they'd still get picked over WSU.

Wazzu not getting in over a 1 loss Michigan or Oklahoma :lol:

Yeah. That's exactly what I said:

"A 1-loss Wazzu gets in over all 2 loss teams including SEC runner up. Only teams ahead of them that will get in over them will be OU and UM/tO$U because they will probably have 1 loss as well. If they win out Wazzu won’t be left out for a 2-loss team."

Back
Top Bottom