OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

If they are going to do this on the cheap, keeping Canada or hiring Kenny N seem like the best options (no pun intended).

Ed has a quality staff around him at LSU to cover up what ever short comings he has as a coach. Locksley at UMD is not going to have that luxury.

"They misread how this all looked"

Sums up a huge problem with this country... Adults in a position of power and authority apparently did not see an 18 year old's death, which was SOLELY the result of their institution, as a big deal... Its happening in a lot of places routinely, which is scary as hell

The staff in place tried to turn the kids against Canada when he first got named interim so my guess is he’s possibly part of the club that ran the culture that lead to the death. Or at the least they view him as an outsider. The admins decision to make him the interim and not one of the established coaches tells me they knew they should be trying to to get away from them too.

————

The thing about Orgeron is the difference this year is his teams talent and Burrow making enough plays on offense to cover him up (see Kessler in 2013.) O isn’t a better coach now than he was last year or even 5 years ago. He just happens to have a better record. If a few bounces go differently and this team is 9-3 right now it’d be a different narrative. It’s like critics ignore everything but results.

"They misread how this all looked"

Sums up a huge problem with this country... Adults in a position of power and authority apparently did not see an 18 year old's death, which was SOLELY the result of their institution, as a big deal... Its happening in a lot of places routinely, which is scary as hell

Agreed 100%, I also think the culture that has been pervasive since 45 got elected is contributing to this attitude as well. Death caused by negligence, sexual assault, sexual harassment, domestic violence, racism and other deplorable actions are swept under the rug and justified.

Please god, I hope Swann hires an outsider. I’m tired of the coaching hires trying to chase the glory of Pete Carroll. Del Rio is another boring Helton type hire. USC is a blue blood. Hire a blue blood type coach.

Last edited:
The overturned recruiting sanctions is big time, nobody cared too much abt the bowl ban this year but the recruiting sanctions would've ****** us over for the next few years

Agreed 100%, I also think the culture that has been pervasive since 45 got elected is contributing to this attitude as well. Death caused by negligence, sexual assault, sexual harassment, domestic violence, racism and other deplorable actions are swept under the rug and justified.

Its being uncovered a lot more today than in the past because of social media platforms and some brave people coming forward... Too often in the past people havent felt like they had a voice... Thank God that has changed... The "adults" abusing their power and being negligent has been happening for decades

I always wondered, do you guys think the death penalty is worse than a 4 year bowl ban and loss of scholarships? Basically speaking of penn state (which I know they didn’t get the full punishment). I guess revenue wise it is but in terms of football and recruiting I feel like the death penalty would almost be easier to overcome

The McNair's need to sue UMD into the death penalty

They should absolutely file a wrongful death suit and I am sure they will... The "men" that sat there and did nothing to help him in the moment should be criminally charged as well... So many excuses are being made and fingers being pointed in every direction... Its a joke

I always wondered, do you guys think the death penalty is worse than a 4 year bowl ban and loss of scholarships? Basically speaking of penn state (which I know they didn’t get the full punishment). I guess revenue wise it is but in terms of football and recruiting I feel like the death penalty would almost be easier to overcome

It's kind of meaningless to discuss the death penalty today because the NCAA is never going to levy it again in the age of TV contracts, but the death penalty would have hurt PSU a lot more. Their whole roster would have been raided, every single one of those kids would have been immediately eligible anywhere they wanted, and the year after their team would have been made up of walkons, freshmen, JC guys, and the few stragglers who decided to stay.

The death penalty is the reason SMU is what it is today, had they not got caught, there's a decent chance they might be in the Big XII right now instead of TCU.

Back
Top Bottom