ASU 2-3 4-4

Norf Conf Overall
Washington St 4-1 7-1
Washington 4-2 6-3
Stanford 3-2 5-3
Oregon 2-3 5-3
Cal 2-3 5-3
Oregon St 1-4 2-6

Look at that parity! That's the type of parity you can only get in the Pac 12!
tenor.gif

No, I understand why it made sense in the short term.

But how valuable is Rutgers really going to be when grandmothers in Bergen County who don't even know Rutgers has a football team aren't paying network fees anymore? The cable bundle is dying.

UMD is going to have some value going forward, but in twenty years Rutgers is going to be a anchor on this conference. You don't make expansion moves for the next twenty years, you make them for the next 100.

The next round of realignment is going to have less to do with "markets" and more to do with the actual sizes of fan bases, since they soon are going to be the only ones footing the bill.
You’ll have to explain what value Missouri adds. They’ve never been a national power in any sport. They’re not in a major market
Academically Rutgers and Maryland are better

You’ll have to explain what value Missouri adds. They’ve never been a national power in any sport. They’re not in a major market
Academically Rutgers and Maryland are better

Unlike Rutgers, they have a fanbase that actually cares about them and will be willing to pay for an app to watch their team when the cable bundle dies.

"Markets" aren't going to matter when you can't charge people who don't watch sports, network fees anymore.

The OL/OC thing doesn’t seem to work anywhere. OL require a lot of work development wise, and your responsible for 5 of them to start on game day plus some swing guys.

I think he’s fine as OL coach only, but he is garbage on the trail. He identified the right guys but couldn’t land any of them, and passed on the wrong ones.

:lol: Losers started feeling the heat and had no choice.

Does he ever get another gig in any top-end capacity? Even as a coordinator?

This is an even worse look, IMO. Why release a 192 pg report blasting him (and the AD), then bring them both back, only to cave to public pressure and fire 24 hrs later? It makes the administration look timid and indecisive. Throw the whole school away :lol:

Jim Leavitt punched a kid and he's the highest paid coordinator in the country, and his defense is absolutely garbage this year.

So yeah Durkin will be back.

I don't even understand why Maryland brought him back. His players, their parents, and fans all hate him and the team has honestly looked better this year than previous years. What was the need other than not wanting to pay out whatever they may owe on his contract.

Jim Leavitt punched a kid and he's the highest paid coordinator in the country, and his defense is absolutely garbage this year.
Punching a kid versus a kid dying on your watch? After a full investigative report destroyed him and the culture that he created there? This is wayyyyy worse.

Punching a kid versus a kid dying on your watch? After a full investigative report destroyed him and the culture that he created there? This is wayyyyy worse.

Ok. But Brian Kelly is still at Notre Dame and a kid died at his express and negligent direction.

Last edited:
Ok. But Brian Kelly is still at Notre Dame and a kid died at his express and negligent direction.
Goal post move, but easier to spin that than a player dying of being overworked and dehydrated than an accident with winds (even though it was due to his negligence and Kelly is scum for having that kid up there filming), plus he didn't have the support of the players in general.

So yeah Durkin will be back.

I don't even understand why Maryland brought him back. His players, their parents, and fans all hate him and the team has honestly looked better this year than previous years. What was the need other than not wanting to pay out whatever they may owe on his contract.

That was the need :lol:.

Some UMD fans on r/cfb said that UA money ain't flowing in like it used to, they're currently underfunded on some planned renovations.

I wanna say no. But Saban might have him in his analyst factory by December.

It's going to take a while college wise for this to blow over, but I don't think he'll have any problem getting a job in the league. I'd expect him to be LB coach somewhere next season, and wouldn't be surprised if he worked his way up to a NFL DC job eventually.

Maryland was dumb for this whole thing...nobody in the state even cares bout college football like that for them to go through all this :lol: :smh:

They need to just get another coach that will keep his players alive and get the team bowl eligible every once in a while ...n shift all the focus back to basketball

Back
Top Bottom