OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

USC shouldn’t need a national search. Limit the scope to the best guy out there and offer it all, ergo, Matt Campbell.

Godfrey is saying that SC is going to have a national search this time and there are guys at "currently good jobs" who are interested (Franklin?). Seems to think the good ole boy country club stuff is over with Swann now.

Who’s Godfrey?

And it’s not. The country club “who do you know” stuff is above Swann’s Head. HE himself only got his job cuz his homie is a top booster and held the school hostage for a donation. If Carroll or Urban want the job they’ll have it. Idk that Franklin has enough cache to demand the job and get it.

USC shouldn’t need a national search. Limit the scope to the best guy out there and offer it all, ergo, Matt Campbell.

Idk that Matt Campbell is the best guy available. Can he handle coaching in this environment? Will he want to? He seems pretty low key. I don’t think you guys appreciate how ridiculous USC is. They have open practices. The HC does a media scrum 5 times a week, even after a non practice film day. Until this year they were the 2nd biggest pro sport team in Los Angeles. It’s not a regular college job. They’re losing this year and it’s still more high profile than most NFL jobs.

Campbell also has a $16M buyout. Idk that they’ll be willing to pay a buyout for him when they can pipe dream about Urban.

Who’s Godfrey?

And it’s not. The country club “who do you know” stuff is above Swann’s Head. HE himself only got his job cuz his homie is a top booster and held the school hostage for a donation. If Carroll or Urban want the job they’ll have it. Idk that Franklin has enough cache to demand the job and get it.

Steven Godfrey the reporter at SB Nation.

I would be surprised if the buffs fired coach Mac... I can’t imagine them finding anybody much better.
i think it sucks they might be firing him. He's done a great job

With that said, where that program is at is much healthier than when he took over. I think its VERY appealing to potential replacement.

They should have fired MacIntyre 3 years ago over the DV ****.

He’s a pretty good coach (he killed at SJSU and rebuilt Colorado though he has made a bunch of bone head late game decisions at CU) but he shouldn’t have been allowed to continue after that.

Last edited:

Good get for Georgia. We were able to regroup after the John Emery decommitment and snag a top 10 running back. The kid isn't going to get any playing time next year though. if you read between the lines, this doesn't look good for Miami. He was a priority recruit for Miami, he's from South Florida and his brother played at Miami. Georgia really didn't even start recruiting him until Emory decommitted a couple of weeks ago.

Sr: Holyfield
Jr: Swift and Herrien
So: Cook
Fr: White (RS) and now McIntosh

He should get alot more playing time in 2020 though

Last edited:

Good get for Georgia. We were able to regroup after the John Emery decommitment and snag a top 10 running back. The kid isn't going to get any playing time next year though. if you read between the lines, this doesn't look good for Miami. He was a priority recruit for Miami, he's from South Florida and his brother played at Miami. Georgia really didn't even start recruiting him until Emory decommitted a couple of weeks ago.

LOL. He wasn't a priority recruit for Miami.

These ones.

I'm happy the game is going to look like "The Game" again from a uniform perspective.

Last edited:
No he was all Georgia and he knocked up his girl.
Kid on the way make no sense to come out to Georgia when you need to be a dad back home.

That wasn't aware of this. It figures. Noah Cain is still taking his official visit next week, I wonder if this commitment impacts our situation with him.

W/ the quality of backs that UGA has been bringing in signing McIntosh is kind of surprising.

But then again, I'd be silly to doubt Dell McGee, but still. Did they want a "Big Back" or something?

Getting a big back was a priority for Georgia. All the backs we have now, or smaller more shifty guys. also, we weren't really recruiting running backs after we got the commitment from Emery so now we had to scramble to get one for this class. I thought Noah Cain was going to be the guy, he's taking his OV next week. I think that's why McIntosh committed when he did, he might not have a spot in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
We never stopped recruiting RB's even when Emery committed and Cain just said that in the dawgnation article. That's why he's still visiting. You quit recruiting Kirby gon get rid of yo *** (Rocker).

Def needed a big back, Zeus is the guy, but they'll have him in bubble wrap next year. McIntosh was a bit surprising to me but i trust Dell. Will take 2 in '20

Whole family locked in if anyone's wondering.

Back
Top Bottom