OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Isn’t Venables staying at Clemson until his son graduates?

I’m not sure if he’s ever said that on the record, but that has been the speculation.

The AD at TT is his best friend, and his kid is only a true Freshman at Clemson right now. He’d still have three years of eligibility left if he followed his Dad to TT.

Not sure. I don't know how far along he is with his degree but I think I've read he's a good student. No confirmation on the transfer yet.

Whoa I think he’s out... I’ve been DMing casper90403 casper90403 about what posters and some SC people have been saying the last two days but 247 insiders are saying the same thing now. Donors paying for the Coliseum renovation started pulling money and the interim president got involved. It’s a $5M buyout and word is Lynn already told Clay yesterday.

Watch him get another extension Monday instead :lol:

Whoa I think he’s out... I’ve been DMing casper90403 casper90403 about what posters and some SC people have been saying the last two days but 247 insiders are saying the same thing now. Donors paying for the Coliseum renovation started pulling money and the interim president got involved. It’s a $5M buyout and word is Lynn already told Clay yesterday.

Watch him get another extension Monday instead :lol:

giphy.gif

James Franklin’s not really an SC candidate. His agent is using an opening at SC as leverage against PSU. He’s the one calling reporters.

After watching Fisher coach my Titans all those years I truly hope nobody has to live through that misery again

After watching Fisher coach my Titans all those years I truly hope nobody has to live through that misery again

With USC it’s a dozen different people doing whatever they want and then holding everyone else hostage until they get their way. Even with this Helton thing:

1. you’ve got Swann who’s saying you can’t fire someone after ONE bad season and wants stability and to give Helton a chance to course correct.

2. small donors and fans who are yelling it’s more than that we have 3 years of bad in-game coaching as evidence, and some admins who agree with them and want to go after an outside coach like a Campbell.

3. Board of Trustees folks and school officials who don’t care for, or at best don’t care about, what American college football represents.

4. and billionaire donors who are being roasted by their friends at Stanford, UCLA and Cal using the coliseum funding as a weapon to force a move after they’re the ones who used their money to push the school for the Helton hiring in the first place. They’re the ones meeting with random coaching candidates like Fisher and Del Rio w/o consulting with anyone else.

4. and billionaire donors who are being roasted by their friends at Stanford, UCLA and Cal using the coliseum funding as a weapon to force a move after they’re the ones who used their money to push the school for the Helton hiring in the first place. They’re the ones meeting with random coaching candidates like Fisher and Del Rio w/o consulting with anyone else.

Hi, it’s me.

Back
Top Bottom