OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Anyone in this thread an OU fan? I couldn’t sleep the other night and got lost in YouTube and found the highlights of your prospect for next year, Spencer Rattler. Man that kid is the goods. Like his attitude and swagger too. I was curious if anyone had thoughts on him?

I also saw OU got three big time WR recruits and one of the best TEs in the country. Some articles were saying this may be OU’s best offensive recruiting class which is saying lot. Very interested to see how this plays out.

Trejan Bridges is the prize.

Wease is a great HS player but he’s slow. Henderson isn’t a Top 100 kid IMO but he’s good. Stogner’s a great pass catcher but he’s a *****.

Bridges is a star.

Jimbo at aTm already got a disgruntled player throwing around accusations

That player isn't committed. He's going over with Uncle Kevin to Arizona. :lol:

“It ain't how it used to be. It ain't gonna be how it used to be.”

:lol: That ***** that sat out all year with a ankle sprain last year talking **** now? :lol:

Uncle Noel got his buddy’s kid popping off and slinging mud to try and get a waiver. :lol: :smh:

Trejan Bridges is the prize.

Wease is a great HS player but he’s slow. Henderson isn’t a Top 100 kid IMO but he’s good. Stogner’s a great pass catcher but he’s a *****.

Bridges is a star.

You think Rattler will be any good and/or make it to the pros?

As y’all know I’m a buckeye fan and not a “save Urban” jacka*s. I think if he did wrong then he needs to be gone. But from what I’m reading on the boards from people with their “sources” is to expect for him to be reinstated tomorrow.

Not my info but just what I’ve been reading on sites.

My big question is what happens with McMurphy after all of this? He supposedly has all these “bombs” but hasn’t released anything else. Sounds like he tried to sell those pics of Zach in the whitehouse and got turned down by Barstool and TMZ. Does he lose credibility after this?

He overplayed his hand and the reports felt like they turned personal. He would have been better served sticking to the facts, avoiding the nude photo and sex toy muckracking, and not even engaging the Herman allegations because they didn’t matter.

He overplayed his hand and the reports felt like they turned personal. He would have been better served sticking to the facts, avoiding the nude photo and sex toy muckracking, and not even engaging the Herman allegations because they didn’t matter.

Apparently him and Zach/Lawyer did not like each other at all. After the whole photo fiasco he felt very TMZ like in his reporting. He really made the whole thing moreso about Zach and less on Urban. Supposedly he could be getting sued about the picture stuff but who knows anymore. It’s a circus

Did Brett McMurphy matter before all this?

Yea he's a respected reporter. Even without being associated with ESPN he's still broken relevant stuff besides this.

Not everything in his latest report was irrelevant to the matter at hand. People latched on to the more salacious stuff, and Brett himself has kind of framed the story around it, but the fact that Zach Smith had a sexual relationship with a subordinate is relevant. I have no idea what OSU's policy is on those type of relationships but I have to imagine that post-Petrino most AD's have implemented rules against them, and if that was OSU's policy, it's more evidence to the belief that Meyer enabled this guy after every turn.

He was feeling himself and took a heat check and it back fired

Yea, I don't really get how McMurphy is the loser here. He did good reporting and uncovered Meyer's/OSU's mishandling of this situation. There would've been no investigation if not for his reporting. He just has a scorned fan base at his neck now. Don't think he's persona non grata nationwide or anything.

Yea, I don't really get how McMurphy is the loser here. He did good reporting and uncovered Meyer's/OSU's mishandling of this situation. There would've been no investigation if not for his reporting. He just has a scorned fan base at his neck now. Don't think he's persona non grata nationwide or anything.

He’s not but he opened himself up to criticism with the nude photos. Like Bobby Layne Bobby Layne said they had relevance. Where he ****ed it up was trying to sell it to barstool and places that were going to use it for its salaciousness, not for the newsworthiness of a front office that put winning above all, including the rules. Yes if Meyer knew and didn’t report it that’s a Title IX issue. If Meyers’s wife knew then that’s a Title IX issue.

Where McMurphy May have hurt himself is that regardless of how truthful the reporting was it felt like it wasn’t objective and people seized on the nudes and whitehouse **** pics to steer the story away from the Meyer cover up.

He messed up by giving the Urban and OSU fans something to latch onto. They were already critcizing his reporting of the incident and negligence that occurred after it. He was never going to be right to those people. This is just an easy way to deflect and throw dirt on him as a reporter. Maybe it wasn't the best choice, but I just find it inconsequential in the grand scheme of what happened.

He messed up by giving the Urban and OSU fans something to latch onto. They were already critcizing his reporting of the incident and negligence that occurred after it. He was never going to be right to those people. This is just an easy way to deflect and throw dirt on him as a reporter. Maybe it wasn't the best choice, but I just find it inconsequential in the grand scheme of what happened.

This. OSU fans are trying to create a narrative that McMurphy has some kind of vendetta against Urban Meyer/OSU and are looking for any shred of evidence that backs that up. Like Trump, they're trying to make it about the reporter/new story as opposed to the facts of the situation.

Back
Top Bottom