OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Pretty safe bet no one in here, with the exception of maybe Casper, was old enough to see Earl Campbell play college football.
damn. Killed me
fuk.gif

how is has he underachieved? because they lost some bowl games? him getting them to the playoffs 2 years ago was a shock to everyone.
and boise state wasnt bringing in top talent or recruting class's

He went 7-6 his first two seasons after Sark won 9 or 10 games. And he got to the playoffs with Sark’s recruits running a lot of the **** Sark already had installed. Everyone talks about him building that team up but they regressed immediately when he got there and peaked when kids Sark plucked out of California we’re upper class men.

Everyone was shocked that they made the playoffs???? Go back and read all the 2016 preseason previews. That year everyone was on Washington’s **** in preseason and their schedule was garbage (two D2 schools, Idaho and Rutgers.) John Ross was killing everyone and it carried over come the reg season.

Last year’s team was just as hyped and they **** the bed.

I can’t tell if this year’s team is a product of the assumptions that the pac 12 is down so everyone just votes for the coach they think is the best because they don’t know anything about the conference or if the team actually looks really good. Prob the former.

casper90403 casper90403 rumor from Jordan Palmer’s father in law that Jack has contacted a couple of schools but hasn’t decided if he’s transferring. Pretty good indicator of who the team has been told/thinks the starter is.

casper90403 casper90403 rumor from Jordan Palmer’s father in law that Jack has contacted a couple of schools but hasn’t decided if he’s transferring. Pretty good indicator of who the team has been told/thinks the starter is.
yeah, its a wrap. Smart move by Jack. He can play. No chance here.

AUSTIN, Texas — The Texas Longhorns are working on a home-and-home football series with national title runner-up Georgia in the next decade as well as another high-profile opponent, a source with knowledge of the situation told Horns247.

Currently, Texas has marquee non-conference opponents lined up through 2027. The source said a home-and-home with Georgia would be after that — most likely 2028 and 2029.

Texas has also been in talks with Clemson and Penn State about a possible home-and-home series in 2030 and 2031, said the source, adding that a series with Penn State might be more likely for 2030 and 2031.
https://247sports.com/college/texas...ll-series-with-Georgia-Penn-State--120878235/

Speaking of stuff so far in advance lol

He went 7-6 his first two seasons after Sark won 9 or 10 games. And he got to the playoffs with Sark’s recruits running a lot of the **** Sark already had installed. Everyone talks about him building that team up but they regressed immediately when he got there and peaked when kids Sark plucked out of California we’re upper class men.

Everyone was shocked that they made the playoffs???? Go back and read all the 2016 preseason previews. That year everyone was on Washington’s **** in preseason and their schedule was garbage (two D2 schools, Idaho and Rutgers.) John Ross was killing everyone and it carried over come the reg season.

Last year’s team was just as hyped and they **** the bed.

I can’t tell if this year’s team is a product of the assumptions that the pac 12 is down so everyone just votes for the coach they think is the best because they don’t know anything about the conference or if the team actually looks really good. Prob the former.

:lol: the stuff Sark was running towards the end, and Petersen's offense he's been running since Boise really aren't at all that similar. #FakeNewsNako

:lol: the stuff Sark was running towards the end, and Petersen's offense he's been running since Boise really aren't at all that similar. #FakeNewsNako

Sark had UW and Keith Price in a run first pro-style with spread principles and tempo. He was mixing up having the QB under center with a lot of shotgun and some read option.

I don't pretend to be an x's and o's guy at all but I do know that UW's current O coordinator (who was the WR coach in 2016) just spent the past year coaching under Sark on the Falcons and he said Sark's offense is similar to what they were doing in UW. Maybe Sark featured the TE more and UW has a more varied offense - and also can't throw the ball to one side of the field - but "aren't at all that similar"? Really? Who calls more screens, Sark or CP?

can Jack technically contact schools without permission? Are we thinking Helton gave him the ok?

Sark had UW and Keith Price in a run first pro-style with spread principles and tempo. He was mixing up having the QB under center with a lot of shotgun and some read option.

I don't pretend to be an x's and o's guy at all but I do know that UW's current O coordinator (who was the WR coach in 2016) just spent the past year coaching under Sark on the Falcons and he said Sark's offense is similar to what they were doing in UW. Maybe Sark featured the TE more and UW has a more varied offense - and also can't throw the ball to one side of the field - but "aren't at all that similar"? Really? Who calls more screens, Sark or CP?

Petersen's offenses are a lot more diverse formationally and personnel wise. And while misdirection is a key component to both offenses, Petersen goes a step forward with the shifting.

The way that comment read is that CP basically bit Sark's **** and ran with it, which is not true :lol:.

can Jack technically contact schools without permission? Are we thinking Helton gave him the ok?

He didn't use the word contact, but quoted and seemed to cosign another poster who wrote "Sec 13 already told us, Sears is looking around already." His exact words were "Jack is already doing recon for a move."

The rest of the board says he's legit so we'll see.

Petersen's offenses are a lot more diverse formationally and personnel wise. And while misdirection is a key component to both offenses, Petersen goes a step forward with the shifting.

The way that comment read is that CP basically bit Sark's **** and ran with it, which is not true :lol:.

No, but my point is he took over a team that had just won 9 games and regressed to 8-6 and 7-6 before peaking with the previous regimes upperclassmen, while not doing a complete cleaning of house and overhaul like he gets credited for so much.

"Our kinda guys!" That dominating 2016 team? It had 16 starters who had been there with Sark.

What's so revolutionary about Chris Petersen? With the best team he's ever fielded he got thoroughly outcoached by mediocre *** Clay Helton and didn't make any adjustments when what they'd been stomping teams out with all year wouldn't work against SC. Last year he got outcoached by David Shaw, Todd Graham, and he was outcoached by Kyle Whittingham until that bonehead mismanagement of the last 1 min (Whittingham's overrated too.)

Most of these guys have their HS coach put out feelers and act as intermediaries in these situations.

My assumption is this or he's reaching out through other people or players he knows. It's what Shea was doing when him transferring was the worst kept secret last year.

----

Still from Alabama Training Days video:

8592190.jpeg

****ing Sark :lol: (yes I know that could just be a breakdown of that game and not scout work for it)

Last edited:
How are you trashing Petersen when you spent money to see his team week 1??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom