OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

:smokin:smokin:smokin

Salute to Coach Richt. He's as genuine and kind of person as you will find in sports or in life. You'll never hear a single person who interacted with him who has anything negative to say about the guy.

Things may not have always worked out on the field, but he's The rare breed of coach who cares more about his players as individuals then those people who win the games for him. Hr will be missed.

I was at the Liberty Bowl for that game. Actually forgot my damn tickets to the Bucs/Saints game. Instead of driving from Memphis to NOLA, I had to drive back home to Mobile, then to New Orleans. I was so damn pissed at myself lol

EDIT: **** that was a fast hire lol.

Rushed decision. Not even going to do a proper coaching search? They must really love that turnover chain in the Gables.

Should do better than the last coach they got from Temple though >D

Lol

The NCAA better let any kid who wants out of his LOI walk
Kids were more mad that Diaz was leaving than anything. I definitely wanted Mario, but Manny should do well. Better get the most innovative offensive guys in the country.

Kids were more mad that Diaz was leaving than anything. I definitely wanted Mario, but Manny should do well. Better get the most innovative offensive guys in the country.

I mean in general. Coaches have been breaking commitments left and right for years. Todd Graham pulled this **** like 3x as have a bunch of other coaches. I never want to hear the NCAA tell a kid he can’t get out of an LOI again.

I think Mario made more sense cuz at least he has HC experience even though he’s a trash coach. But realistically who could Miami have gone out and snatched up? I keep seeing Neal Brown’s name mentioned but he’s passed on a bunch of jobs and Miami feels like a place that would be hesitant to hire a non-known commodity unless he was homegrown like Diaz.

It’s the “one of us” rot that’s happening at Michigan and USC.

Tate right now:

tenor.gif

I like his confidence. I'd be a little annoyed too. Everyone is assuming that he's going transfer and assumes that he's going to OSU and assuming that he's going to beat Tate out. Tate was a top 50 player in the nation and has a 2 and half year jump on Fields. I'd be pretty annoyed if everyone just assumed another player would beat me out. Could Fields take his job? of course, but its not a guarantee by any stretch

I like the hire.

Seems like the administration wants continuity. I tend to agree. What we had going on defense prior to Manny’s shortlived departure was solid. If Manny can find someone to get this offense going, we might be able to keep building. Richt’s inability to innovate led to his demise.

Back
Top Bottom