OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

1 negative to early signing. I’m curious if they’ll let kids out of their contract if they want to go (any school with the same situation)? Probably not, but ... crappy deal for the youngins
they really should. Its wrong. Or, I'm still a believer in coaches needing to sit out a year if they leave after signing day. This whole you're committing to the university is crap. These guys really develop a relationship with these coaches throughout the recruiting process. Sounds cheesy to say, but to some of these kids, these coaches have become a father figure to them

they really should. Its wrong. Or, I'm still a believer in coaches needing to sit out a year if they leave after signing day. This whole you're committing to the university is crap. These guys really develop a relationship with these coaches throughout the recruiting process. Sounds cheesy to say, but to some of these kids, these coaches have become a father figure to them

You're 100% right and coaches and universities do this deliberately. There's still the tradition of head coaches firing their assistants ,the guys who do the majority of the recruiting, after national signing day in February so the kids from that recruiting class are locked in and can't leave.

He's been at Northwestern forever...At this point, he could probably give the NFL a try and see how it goes knowing he can get the Northwestern job back in a few years.

You’d never be able to enforce that.

I think it's clear it's a combination of the 4 best records, the 4 most deserving, and the 4 most impressive throughout the year.

Georgia had 2 losses, lost to one of the other playoff teams and LSU by 20+. They weren't 4 most deserving, 4 best records, and honestly not one of the 4 most impressive. UGA fans need to give it up. ND, UCF, and even Ohio State were more deserving and had better records. SEC teams need to stop expecting to be rewarded just for losing to SEC teams.

They weren't 'deserving' by the criteria but it was clear they were a top 4 team. Stop with your SEC hate.

No one's done it yet though right? Like there's no precedent for letting kids out these first 2 years?

It’s up to the schools if they want to let a kid out of a LOI or not, but it’s already happened with schools making changes after ENSD.

There was already precedence for this type of thing in hoops before CFB ever got a ENSD.

Last edited:
They weren't 'deserving' by the criteria but it was clear they were a top 4 team. Stop with your SEC hate.

How was it clear they were a top 4 team?

In 12 games they played 3 G5’s/FCS’s and basically 8 home games. Played 5 ranked teams all year and went 2-3 in those games with one being a 20 point murdering to an ok LSU team.

I’m not even hating on UGA I’m saying objectively by any criteria of measurement ND deserved to be there more than them. What criteria tells you they’re a top 4 team? Your eye test?

How was it clear they were a top 4 team?

In 12 games they played 3 G5’s/FCS’s and basically 8 home games. Played 5 ranked teams all year and went 2-3 in those games with one being a 20 point murdering to an ok LSU team.

I’m not even hating on UGA I’m saying objectively by any criteria of measurement ND deserved to be there more than them. What criteria tells you they’re a top 4 team? Your eye test?

Yes the eye test. I literally said they weren't deserving based on the criteria of the committee.

Yes the eye test. I literally said they weren't deserving based on the criteria of the committee.

So what’re you arguing about? Fine they looked top 4 but still had no business being in the playoff. We agree.

They lost to LSU by 20 points. We're rewarding them for keeping it close with Bama?

No I'm rewarding them for being the #2 team in combined offensive and defensive efficiency over the season despite that 20 point loss to LSU. I hate UGA but calling a spade a spade. Bama also wouldn't have fit the criteria had they lost the SEC championship but anybody with two working eyes knows they're a top 4 team in the country.

No I'm rewarding them for being the #2 team in combined offensive and defensive efficiency over the season despite that 20 point loss to LSU. I hate UGA but calling a spade a spade. Bama also wouldn't have fit the criteria had they lost the SEC championship but anybody with two working eyes knows they're a top 4 team in the country.

Lol Bama would have had 1 loss following the SECCG but an undefeated regular season where they destroyed every team they played by 3+ TDs. They would have still had an arguably more impressive resume than ND who didn’t have to play a CG and struggled in a few of their games.

Are you really trying to compare Georgia’s season performance and “eye test” to Bama?

Stop.

Lol Bama would have had 1 loss following the SECCG but an undefeated regular season where they destroyed every team they played by 3+ TDs. They would have still had an arguably more impressive resume than ND who didn’t have to play a CG and struggled in a few of their games.

Are you really trying to compare Georgia’s season performance and “eye test” to Bama?

Stop.

UGA- SOS ranking: 13 (only OU in the top 10 had a higher ranking at 10) [ND was at 21, Bama at 33]
SOR: 4 [ND at 3]
Game Control (how dominant you are): 2 [ND at 5, Bama at 1]

They got penalized for playing another quality opponent. Again for the THIRD time I said they weren't deserving of a spot based off the committee's criteria. Do I believe that UGA was better than ND hell yea, not even a question. The eye test says their season performance was comparable to any of the top 4.

The criteria for the 4 teams is not clearly defined but I thought it was understood that an undefeated ND would get in the playoffs at least once. Deserving or not, I assumed we all knew it would happen. To be honest this was the year for them because a lot of the other teams had horrible losses.

Back
Top Bottom