OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Observation of the day:

Old white people hate players transferring. The hate player movement to an almost a logical degree.

I was arguing with a fellow fan about it today. All I said was that coaches can move jobs whenever they want bounce the moment a better opportunity arises and I brought up the examples of Jeremy Pruitt having five different jobs in a decade and Willie taggart having three different head coaching jobs in a 13 month period.

The dude I was arguing with literally said that you shouldn't have the same privileges your boss has and that these players are owed anything. What kind of argument is that against the players transferring?

Oh damn, did not realize he was related to those 2.
Yeah, man. Definitely got the NFL pedigree. D.K.'s neck injury is the most concerning, but also dealt with a foot problem his freshman year. He definitely looks the part aesthetically, which is why that picture is going viral and jumping him up many draft boards. I'm not completely sold that Metcalf will have a better pro career than his Ole Miss teammate, A.J. Brown. When healthy, D.K. saw a lot of man coverage because of the attention Brown commanded collegiately. Metcalf is going to end up being one of the more polarizing prospects in the entire draft. First round is a reach for me, even a second-round selection feels steep given the injury history, perceived lack of speed and limited collegiate production.

Oh damn, did not realize he was related to those 2.

D.K. got crazy genes. Peep the family tree. His pops, Terrence, was All-SEC two years running. Had productive career with the Bears at OG. Some of y'all probably remember his uncle too, Eric Metcalf.
There's some wild misinformation on the internet these days. Terry is my uncle and amd Eric is my cousin. He does have a bro named Terrence but he played WR in college..that other Terrence isnt related to us. Unless my uncle had the nerve to have a lowdown kid I never knew about
sabu.png

Last edited:
Observation of the day:

Old white people hate players transferring. The hate player movement to an almost a logical degree.

I was arguing with a fellow fan about it today. All I said was that coaches can move jobs whenever they want bounce the moment a better opportunity arises and I brought up the examples of Jeremy Pruitt having five different jobs in a decade and Willie taggart having three different head coaching jobs in a 13 month period.

The dude I was arguing with literally said that you shouldn't have the same privileges your boss has and that these players are owed anything. What kind of argument is that against the players transferring?
The old classic "I talked to one white person who had a problem with this, so they all do" conundrum. This isn't a white vs. black thing, stop trying to make that a thing. You sound like an idiot.

Yeah, man. Definitely got the NFL pedigree. D.K.'s neck injury is the most concerning, but also dealt with a foot problem his freshman year. He definitely looks the part aesthetically, which is why that picture is going viral and jumping him up many draft boards. I'm not completely sold that Metcalf will have a better pro career than his Ole Miss teammate, A.J. Brown. When healthy, D.K. saw a lot of man coverage because of the attention Brown commanded collegiately. Metcalf is going to end up being one of the more polarizing prospects in the entire draft. First round is a reach for me, even a second-round selection feels steep given the injury history, perceived lack of speed and limited collegiate production.
DK def doesn’t have a lack of speed. He’s a consistent 4.4 range guy and on a good day he could hit high 4.3 so I wouldn’t be surprised if he hit that at the combine. Production in college was limited due to him really only playing 2 years with a loaded wr core. AJ is a more naturally talented receiver but DK’s ceiling could be off the charts

DK def doesn’t have a lack of speed. He’s a consistent 4.4 range guy and on a good day he could hit high 4.3 so I wouldn’t be surprised if he hit that at the combine. Production in college was limited due to him really only playing 2 years with a loaded wr core. AJ is a more naturally talented receiver but DK’s ceiling could be off the charts
You think? I feel like D.K. will run in the 4.50-4.52 range, but I concede you probably know better than me. Recall you being an ardent Ole Miss supporter.

Metcalf will be a feast or famine prospect IMO. Some GM is going to fall in love with the physical attributes and either get fired or look extremely smart taking D.K. in the first round. The upside is tantalizing.

You think? I feel like D.K. will run in the 4.50-4.52 range, but I concede you probably know better than me. Recall you being an ardent Ole Miss supporter.

Metcalf will be a feast or famine prospect IMO. Some GM is going to fall in love with the physical attributes and either get fired or look extremely smart taking D.K. in the first round. The upside is tantalizing.
I’ve seen him run mid 4.4’s. Just was told he ran 4.38 down at EXOS in Phoenix this past week as well but we’ll see if he can hit it in Indy

I’ve seen him run mid 4.4’s. Just was told he ran 4.38 down at EXOS in Phoenix this past week as well but we’ll see if he can hit it in Indy
Got you, man.

While we at it, how high you think Lodge goes in the third day? With D.K. and A.J. stealing most of the shine. I remember he looked suspect at Baton Rouge.

Observation of the day:

Lol this is not true at all in SoCal. Every single old white dude will tell you to transfer.

Got you, man.

While we at it, how high you think Lodge goes in the third day? With D.K. and A.J. stealing most of the shine. I remember he looked suspect at Baton Rouge.
I've heard anywhere from 3rd-5th on him so it will be interesting to see. If he tests well which he should be better than average than Id say pretty high

Drake was probably at LIV w/ Urban. BTW, when are you considered too old to be at a place like that?

I’d feel really awkward in my 40’s there.

All these rappers in they 40’s

I know, but for the gen pop like me, I would think it would be kinda odd. I’ve seen Keith Richard in Ibiza still partying with Justin Bieber and he’s in his mid 70’s lol. How that dude is still alive is amazing. I guess if the person is good with it, that’s all that matters. Anyway, just curious, no biggie.

I know, but for the gen pop like me, I would think it would be kinda odd. I’ve seen Keith Richard in Ibiza still partying with Justin Bieber and he’s in his mid 70’s lol. How that dude is still alive is amazing. I guess if the person is good with it, that’s all that matters. Anyway, just curious, no biggie.

90% of people at those tables are 40+.

Hoping someone falls in love with Butler and grabs him late first round, but it isn't going to happen. Streak is embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom