OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

247 guys said that Tee Martin was negative recruiting against USC during the signing period, specifically with Jordan Wilmore, Bru, and Puka. Not even trying to drive them to Tennessee but kids said he was hitting them up after he was let go about the problems at SC and Wilmore said the primary reason he decommitted was his convos with Tee :lol:

tenor.gif

I'm glad he's taking his strength training seriously but this is just necessary. first and foremost, how much weight is that? I find it very hard to believe that all those plates are 45s and he squatting almost 600 lbs. Call me a hater but anyone who's familiar with power training knows that someone of his size squatting that much weight is almost impossible. That's almost competition level weight. He's listed at 220 and if you squatting 600 pounds, that's almost three times his body weight.

also, he's a quarterback. What's the point of being able to squat that much weight. A look at Tom Brady and a lot of the other quarterbacks in the league, those guys aren't built like linebackers.

https://247sports.com/college/usc/Article/Pac-12-TV-Trouble-with-a-capital-T-129086763/

More than four years ago, we joined another sportswriter in filing Freedom of Information requests with some of the state universities in the Pac-12 to see what the contracts with and reports from the league said. Incredibly, we would learn that not only did the schools have no such information from their own league, they weren't even allowed to have it. They'd signed onto a deal, we would come to understand, that forbade them from having that information.
Here's what we always thought we knew, from a college sports TV insider with long experience in these things. "The PAC-12 network is LOSING money every day," he told us recently, something he has believed since its inception. "Impossible to produce the games they are doing, plus the huge staff with rents, etc., and the small number of subscribers and minimal advertising they are receiving." He's always contended that the Pac-12 was mixing in all its revenues from bowl games, its other TV deals from Fox, ESPN and ABC so you couldn't know exactly what was coming from where.
Here's where Wilner's reporting breaks new ground. He has a source who finally admits to what the league's schools were promised by Scott back in 2011-2012 when this was all being decided. It's information that has never before come out.

Scott portrayed three payout ranges of, on the high end, $7 million-to-$10 million per school per year. In the middle, $5 million-to-$7 million per school per year. And on the low end, $3 million-to-$5 million per school per year. Needless to say, after seven years, they're not close to the low end numbers. Nowhere close.

Because Wilner also factors in that in order to put the Pac-12 Networks together, the schools had to buy back all their programming from entities like IMG, Learfield and in USC's case, Fox Sports Properties, at a cost to each of millions of dollars and the payouts don't come close to those projected numbers.

Here's where the Pac-12 obfuscations come in since the league only reveals total income but does not break that out into where the revenue comes from -- just one lump sum. As reported by Wilner, that 2017 income was $127,850,701.)

And then he says, as we learned years ago: "Nor does the conference distribute financial details to the schools, thereby avoiding the potential for those details to be subject to public records requests . . . Instead, the annual payout figures are made available for temporary viewing by campus financial officers on a secure website, according to multiple sources."
All that you do know is that because he's a TV mogul as well as a conference commissioner, Scott is paid $4.8 million a year, double and more than the SEC and Big Ten commissioners receive, whose TV deals do much better for their schools than Scott's do for the Pac-12.

Scott also receives almost double the highest TV payouts per school per year as reported by Wilner: 2013: None listed; 2014: $862,000 per school; 2015 $1,677,500 per school; 2016 $1,980,250 per school; 2017: $2,522,167 per school; 2018: $2,666,667 per school. That total for the last six years is $9,708,584 per school, which as Wilner notes, doesn't even reach what Scott said the schools might receive in a single year.

But then there's this: From that total, you have to subtract the buy-back cost of the rights fees. It cost UCLA $5.6 million of its larger sponsorship deal with IMG. Subtract that from the $9.7 million and UCLA has gotten a mere $4.1 million from the Pac-12 Networks in six years according to Wilner's calculations -- an average of just $683,333 a year. Compare that to the $20 million Northwestern, Rutgers, Maryland and Illinois expect next year.

Cal will get hit worse, Wilner says, with a $7.1 million buy-back leaving the money-stricken Bears just $433,333 in net annual revenue from Pac-12 TV. As Wilner notes, that's 1/20th of the high range amount that they were told was possible.

But at least Cal and UCLA are finished with their buybacks. Oregon State, Wilner says, is still paying back a million dollars a year and netting just $616,000 a year from the Pac-12 Networks. He puts that into perspective by noting that OSU's defensive coordinator will be paid $550,000 next year. So that's what you get from the deal: Enough cash to buy yourself a defensive coordinator. Not much more.

Fam. Larry Scott is the finesse king :lol:

Looks happier than he ever did in Tuscaloosa

---
casper90403 casper90403 Gary Bryant is a SC heavy lean (for whatever that's worth 10 months before signing day.) If NSD was next week, he'd be a Trojan. So would Flowe and Milton, but Herman is recruiting Cali super aggressively. As such, Jinks has been going hard in Texas trying to counter him.

EDIT

Boosters and admins want us to turn Texas in for tampering with Bru (and because of them snitching on Mike Morgan and Reggie Bush) and are angry Helton and Swann are choosing not to.

Milton is all but a lock. Was hoping he was gonna transfer to Mater Dei to be closer but Mater Dei is trying to keep their nose clean so that didnt go through.

Bryant is a hard one to read. He really LOVES ASU. LOVES them.

FLOWE. FLOWE. FLOWE. FLOWE. Thats all that really matters though.

I dont know why i'm holding out hope with Ricks. He blocked me from twitter so I can't get any read from him anymore.

Milton is all but a lock. Was hoping he was gonna transfer to Mater Dei to be closer but Mater Dei is trying to keep their nose clean so that didnt go through.

Bryant is a hard one to read. He really LOVES ASU. LOVES them.

FLOWE. FLOWE. FLOWE. FLOWE. Thats all that really matters though.

I dont know why i'm holding out hope with Ricks. He blocked me from twitter so I can't get any read from him anymore.

You were hating on Ricks though :lol:. Greg Biggins got kind of mad about something I'd said about Ricks's Twitter activity and @'d me on 247 to say he's a good kid and just made some dumb social media mistakes. He also said all the talk of him being a bad character guy is overblown hating from the Bosco and CIF crowd.

Bryant, Flowe, and Milton may actually be USC silents right now (hence the crystal balls coming in for Bryant after he met Harrell) but so were Jonah Tauanu'u, Ty Robinson, Enokk Vimahi, and a million other kids last season. If Helton wins 8 games we may not get any of them.

You were hating on Ricks though :lol:. Greg Biggins got kind of mad about something I'd said about Ricks's Twitter activity and @'d me on 247 to say he's a good kid and just made some dumb social media mistakes. He also said all the talk of him being a bad character guy is overblown hating from the Bosco and CIF crowd.

Bryant, Flowe, and Milton may actually be USC silents right now (hence the crystal balls coming in for Bryant after he met Harrell) but so were Jonah Tauanu'u, Ty Robinson, Enokk Vimahi, and a million other kids last season. If Helton wins 8 games we may not get any of them.
I don't like Rick's antics. I wasnt even going in on him and attacking him. I just mentioned how he was gonna be suspended before any of the news came out, and got into it with a couple of MD parents on twitter, and that was that. I said too much. I'm "new" to twitter and realized I had to keep my mouth shut and unfollow some characters.

Him and DJ were going back and forth last night about being a package deal and I couldnt see what was going on! They took that **** down.

Biggins is the biggest kiss *** (rightfully so), but he's still my guy.

Think it’s going to be a minute honestly.
I think so. The kids going back to their original schools to graduate was not a good look and may have ruined transferring for all of the young kids out there.

I don't even blame MD in that instance. I can't imagine they knew the kids would return after the season.

I don't like Rick's antics. I wasnt even going in on him and attacking him. I just mentioned how he was gonna be suspended before any of the news came out, and got into it with a couple of MD parents on twitter, and that was that. I said too much. I'm "new" to twitter and realized I had to keep my mouth shut and unfollow some characters.

Him and DJ were going back and forth last night about being a package deal and I couldnt see what was going on! They took that **** down.

Biggins is the biggest kiss *** (rightfully so), but he's still my guy.

He's a mouthpiece for a lot of the kids but in all fairness hes super plugged in in southern california high schools. GM over him for Southern California recruiting though.

I think so. The kids going back to their original schools to graduate was not a good look and may have ruined transferring for all of the young kids out there.

I don't even blame MD in that instance. I can't imagine they knew the kids would return after the season.

I didn’t think anyone knew but now their are rumblings that it was well known amongst the players.

I don’t blame the kids whatsoever

I didn’t think anyone knew but now their are rumblings that it was well known amongst the players.

It's the same exact thing schools everywhere have been doing for a while. There's kids living in Queens and Staten Island, going to Lincoln cuz their auntie's mailing address is in south Brooklyn. Texas and Jersey kids do it too.

DelectableDiscreteJerboa-size_restricted.gif

hell no I don't blame the kids. These kids were getting big time scholarships already. They went to play for championships and play against the best. I can't judge the parents for doing this. Hell, some of these kids (even at Bosco) are getting these scholarships because of the school they played for. Some wouldn't even get these offers if it wasn't for playing at SJB or MD. I see how important these scholarships are for these kids first hand. Some of these kids wouldnt be going to college without them. Do whatever you gotta do to secure that scholarship!

The whole enrolled one semester and leave the following semester after football is a bad look. How in the hell did Cucamonga think that was going to be a good idea to let the MD kids sign at their new schools? Yikes.

nako xl nako xl I mean we are talking about two completely different things lol.

casper90403 casper90403 yeah exactly. MD has already said no to 10 transfer requests.

You're talking transfers. I'm talking about fudging enrollment docs.

We're both talking about shady recruiting and, if casper90403 casper90403 won't just come out and say it, some times parents being paid for their kids to play at particular high schools, *cough* MD, Bosco, IMG, Oaks Christian, Lincoln, St. Mary's, Oak Hill... gonna leave my school off that list for privacy reasons though I know for a fact what that is :lol:

casper90403 casper90403 nako xl nako xl What are Ricks' antics?

Stupid teenage social media ****. Retweeting nonsense, trolling, cursing, dropping n bombs, being toxicly masculine. I think there was some **** with him running up on the Bosco sideline or some other school after they beat them in the playoffs. I'm sure Casper can speak more to it cuz if it was bosco he woulda been there.

casper90403 casper90403 nako xl nako xl What are Ricks' antics?
he's just disrespectful out there. He likes to taunt the sideline/crowd, the kind of kid that likes to point fingers at his teammates when he's beat. Nothing crazy. Just a immature kid. He has a big mouth. Its what you would normally expect from a high end DB in college or pro's.

I should post a pic of him in full jersey and helmet on sitting on the bus after SJB killed them after the first meeting from last year. Still one of the funniest moments I've ever seen. MD has to keep their jerseys and helmets on when they board the bus back to campus. Its funny. I think its just for L's.

Back
Top Bottom