OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Didn't a lot of people think they'd be 2-4 through the first 6 last year too? Yet they went 5-1...

Obviously hope this is all the typical "byke" hype though

But I'll probably be down in Austin for that LSU game. Fiancee went to LSU and her family went to Texas.

Didn't a lot of people think they'd be 2-4 through the first 6 last year too? Yet they went 5-1...

Obviously hope this is all the typical "byke" hype though

But I'll probably be down in Austin for that LSU game. Fiancee went to LSU and her family went to Texas.

Early congrats on the marraige my man, when's the big day?

UT in-laws should make for interesting family gatherings in the future :lol: (esp once TAMU/UT, if ever, come to their senses and start playing each-other again)

how long do you guys think it will take for Les Miles to make Kansas relevant?

I don't recognize a lot of the guys on his current staff.

I'm guessing a bowl game by year three which IMO around here (meaning Lawrence) would make KU football relevant again. Now making KU football relevant again on a national scale I'm not sure if he can accomplish that in his tenure at KU. The biggest hurdle he has to overcome is that through mismanagement by previous coaching staffs he won't be at a full 85 scholarship players until 2022, which would be year four of Miles' five year deal.

FB_IMG_1558617475816.jpg

I'm guessing a bowl game by year three which IMO around here (meaning Lawrence) would make KU football relevant again. Now making KU football relevant again on a national scale I'm not sure if he can accomplish that in his tenure at KU. The biggest hurdle he has to overcome is that through mismanagement by previous coaching staffs he won't be at a full 85 scholarship players until 2022, which would be year four of Miles' five year deal.
big difference too is he doesn't have the great staff he had at LSU. So we'll see.

UT in-laws should make for interesting family gatherings in the future :lol: (esp once TAMU/UT, if ever, come to their senses and start playing each-other again)
I honestly will be a little surprised if they ever make it an annual thing again.

Neither side needs the game financially or competitively. The fans on either side seem like they couldn't care less about it. Lawmakers can't get legislation through the state to force the issue - despite real effort being put behind it.

Dre still waiting for you to accept my Facebook, IG, LinkedIn requests.

1 Clemson
2 Alabama
3 LSU
4 Georgia
5 Notre Dame
6 Ohio State
7 Oklahoma
8 Florida
9 Washington
10 Iowa
11 Penn State
12 Texas
13 Auburn
14 Texas A&M
15 Mississippi State
16 Syracuse
17 Missouri
18 Michigan
19 Kentucky
20 Virginia
21 Iowa State
22 Utah
23 Washington State
24 Northwestern
25 Stanford

With his strength I hope they experiment with him on the inside this season in their pass rush subs. They need to get Uche on the field as much as possible this season.

big difference too is he doesn't have the great staff he had at LSU. So we'll see.

Did Les do less with more during his time at LSU? I know some LSU fans loved him and some couldn’t stand him with the offense that was ran there. I’ll never understand how they could never get a good QB there

Did Les do less with more during his time at LSU? I know some LSU fans loved him and some couldn’t stand him with the offense that was ran there. I’ll never understand how they could never get a good QB there

I mean, he had Zach Metternberg, Spencer Ware, Jeremy Hill, Kenny Hilliard, OBJ, jarvis landry, etc. and scored all of 6 points vs. Florida

Last edited:
In his defense, Louisiana like Florida doesn't produce great QB talent despite the talent they produce everywhere else, but Les inability to step out of his comfort zone on O doomed him.

"Man ball" can still work IMO, but it needs to be paired with modern concepts.

In his defense, Louisiana like Florida doesn't produce great QB talent despite the talent they produce everywhere else, but Les inability to step out of his comfort zone on O doomed him.

"Man ball" can still work IMO, but it needs to be paired with modern concepts.

Didn’t he pull Russell Sheppard, largely cuz LSU was one of the only schools pitching him as a spread QB (and UT wanted him as a WR/RB) and then Les immediately abandoned that and converted him to WR in the spring?

Not until next May, so still got a while to go.

And her mom keeps up with UT football, not really a crap-talking kinda lady though. Sister went there, but I don't think she cares about sports.

Back
Top Bottom