OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

USC showed him love though. Just Bryce reciprocated more and once they had him they weren't gonna risk losing Bryce which they would have. Bryce's family doesn't **** with DJ's (I think his dad specifically). At least USC's learned from Tua/Tate and Shea/KJ.
USC was begging for DJ even after Bryce committed. At least 2-3 times per week. They showed DJ more love after Bryce committed. But DJ is homies with Bryce and he would never have interest in SC because of that.

USC showed love when it was too late. That’s the consensus from most of the families of the top recruits in Cali. They would come in months, maybe a year, after other schools were courting kids. Acting like we are USC, you should be honored we are interested in you. That’s a fact. And that’s why many families were turned off by USC.

And that’s why you see them offering way early with guys like DJ’s brother Matayo and Earnest Greene at Bosco. They are trying to change that reputation. I can’t say USC’s method of not being the first one to the party is wrong. I think offering freshmen is dumb. But it’s the age we are in and all these kids care about is posting an offer on twitter for likes. So USC has to adjust.

USC absolutely dropped the ball with how they courted DJ.

USC was begging for DJ even after Bryce committed. At least 2-3 times per week. They showed DJ more love after Bryce committed. But DJ is homies with Bryce and he would never have interest in SC because of that.

USC showed love when it was too late. That’s the consensus from most of the families of the top recruits in Cali. They would come in months, maybe a year, after other schools were courting kids. Acting like we are USC, you should be honored we are interested in you. That’s a fact. And that’s why many families were turned off by USC.

And that’s why you see them offering way early with guys like DJ’s brother Matayo and Earnest Greene at Bosco. They are trying to change that reputation. I can’t say USC’s method of not being the first one to the party is wrong. I think offering freshmen is dumb. But it’s the age we are in and all these kids care about is posting an offer on twitter for likes. So USC has to adjust.

USC absolutely dropped the ball with how they courted DJ.

I'm surprised on the SC coming in late to DJ thing because I thought they were in super early on Bryce and DJ (I think they offered Bryce before DJ though.)

Gavin Morris spoke on kids complaining about SC offering them late and was basically like "you want an offer when you're 14-15. For what? What is an offer? I may not even be here. We don't have any film on you, we've barely seen you play by then. You want an offer then come camp with us and earn one," which... I kinda agree with. However we've seen it doesn't work when you're losing.

yeah Bryce got the offer first and immediately accepted. USC really was in the mind set DJ was going to be a baseball player and backed off. Big mistake. I don't think DJ is a 1st round pick prospect now. Kid hasn't even played for like 3 years. I think he pitched 1 inning this year.

USC didn't put the full court press on DJ until this past season.

And Gavin Morris is right. BUT, you can't be the one big program who doesn't offer 14-15 year olds. It comes off as you don't really like me and then, oh now you like me because everyone else likes me.

this approach, like you said, won't work when you aren't winning. USC was living off the past success and now their backs are against the wall and having to adjust isn't easy.

If Sark was the coach, DJ would have been a Trojan. Sark was still pressing DJ up to one week before he announced. Sark saw Tua's brother throw 3 picks in the first half of that spring game and knew he wasn't it.

247 guy changed the Crystal ball prediction on a top 50 player after his visit to Georgia and Gator Twitter is losing it :lol:

IMG_20190526_152930.jpg

Last edited:
247 guy changed the Crystal ball prediction on a top 50 player after his visit to Georgia and Gator Twitter is losing it :lol:

IMG_20190526_152930.jpg

Oregon board is going crazy too since he’s still committed to them and just said he’s releasing a top 7 soon. They’re like “good thing we got Steele coming instead,” because this kid was replaceable.

Speaking of, casper90403 casper90403 :

Greg Biggins on the Oregon board said Friday about Steele still talking to SC, “That would surprise me for a couple of reasons, 1) Oregon, UCLA and Oklahoma were the main 3 he was looking at 2) I don't think USC even had a spot available but again, even if they had, they were not among his top 3.”

Last edited:
Oregon board is going crazy too since he’s still committed to them and just said he’s releasing a top 7 soon. They’re like “good thing we got Steele coming instead,” because this kid was replaceable.

Speaking of, casper90403 casper90403 :

Greg Biggins on the Oregon board said Friday about Steele still talking to SC, “That would surprise me for a couple of reasons, 1) Oregon, UCLA and Oklahoma were the main 3 he was looking at 2) I don't think USC even had a spot available but again, even if they had, they were not among his top 3.”
Just wait for it. Who says I’m talking about Steele? :D

Is DeGabriel Floyd next? :lol: at the Longhorns 247 site that helped UT tamper with Bru to begin with not knowing about this until early this morning when they saw the USC 247 dudes and Schrader talk about it.

This excerpt makes me feel like Herman’s the problem:

Horns247 has learned through a couple of sources — both close to Bru McCoy and Texas — that McCoy is weighing his options to transfer from Texas to USC. While McCoy has a solid relationship with some of his teammates, continues to hold WR coach Drew Mehringer — who was his primary recruiter — in high-regard and has an opportunity to make an impact as a freshman if his waiver for immediate eligibility is approved by the NCAA, he is still considering entering his name in the NCAA transfer portal.

Isnt Floyd facing the possibility he may never play again? Would not be surprised he comes back home to be closer and work on his future health.

:lol: EJ left the 247 site and he was the one directly tied to the Bru thing...

Mike’s generally a pretty good dude.

Theres a rumor that Texas never push for his waiver because there were concerns the NCAA would want more info about how he got to UT in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom