3. Notre Dame
4. LSU
5. Oklahoma
6. Georgia
7. Michigan
8. Oregon
9. Auburn
10. Florida

You can just hear the screaming from Tuscaloosa and Columbus already, can’t you?

Lewis knows full well the objections that are coming his way, and offers up some fact-based analysis to break down the rankings. For starters, it’s not just about showing up. “A full stadium for a winning team means less than full stadium for a team that is struggling,” Lewis notes. Hence, Alabama and Ohio State sellouts don’t mean as much as, say, Texas or Tennessee ones.

The Emory study uses three main metrics:

“Revenue premium,” meaning, in the simplest possible terms, how much revenue the college brings in relative to other, similar universities. It’s a measure of the intensity of passion.

“Return on investment,” how well the school’s investment in football pays off on the field and in the stands. It’s a measure of the efficiency of the program.

Straight football revenue, a measure of the size of the program.

Run all these together and you can start to see why Alabama, for instance, ranks No. 12, three spots lower than Auburn — because it’s easier to be a ‘Bama fan than a fan of any other school. Alabama doesn’t demand anything of you as a fan except to sit back and enjoy the winning. But a Texas fan? A Tennessee fan? You stick with them, friend, and you’re hardcore.

“Texas reports the highest revenues, achieves the best ROI and wins the revenue premium competition,” Lewis says. “Even when Texas struggles on the field, the football program delivers amazing economic results.” (Read more about Lewis’s methodology here.)

Stay away from mcDuffie!! He’s ours.. I hope.. I never get my hopes up with SoCal guys with SC offers but we look prettty good with him.

casper90403 casper90403 What's your Bosco nephews name? Also can we get him to strong arm McDuffie into signing with the good guys?
Logan Bednar #66

Man, McDuffie has crazy speed. I didnt know too much about him until I watched him play. His speed is on a whole other level. Would be surprised if he's not running in the high 4.3's in a couple of years. I can't fault him if he goes to Stanford. The kid is on that Stanford intelligent level.

Coach had him playing running back last week in garbage time. Alot of people were pissed about it. Nobody wants to see that kid get hurt in garbage time.

Stay away from mcDuffie!! He’s ours.. I hope.. I never get my hopes up with SoCal guys with SC offers but we look prettty good with him.
COlby Bowman is a lock for you guys. I wasnt sold on him until i saw him in person. His Mom kind of nice too. But i gotta be careful because his Dad would body me.

I’m not sold on Bowman either.. but as a Trent Irwin type receiver he’ll be solid for us. We always recruit guys similar to past guys..long lengthy defensive ends like Trent Murphy.. big body receivers like Mark Bradford..

Did you like him? What’d you think?

McDuffie is my biggest want in this class besides Miller but he’s set on Ohio State. Sounds like he was nice... guys like him are the difference between us being playoff contenders and just conference contenders

People seemed convinced McDuffie was an SC lean just because he was from SoCal and all his boys are going here, but the more things go along the more it's apparent he just was never really an SC fan or that interested in ever going to SC. He's more enamored with Stanford and that area/team.

I don't care about anyone else but give me DJ. F Bryce Young, even though his line last week was filthy. He ain't even on DJ's level.

I’m not sold on Bowman either.. but as a Trent Irwin type receiver he’ll be solid for us. We always recruit guys similar to past guys..long lengthy defensive ends like Trent Murphy.. big body receivers like Mark Bradford..

Did you like him? What’d you think?

McDuffie is my biggest want in this class besides Miller but he’s set on Ohio State. Sounds like he was nice... guys like him are the difference between us being playoff contenders and just conference contenders
Bowman was cool. Seemed like a Stanford kid. I'll have a better sense tonight. Bosco hasnt been playing their best players more than a quarter and a half. And thats going to change tonight.

McDuffie is gonna be a great get for whoever gets him. He's raw but with the right coaching, he's going to be an animal.

Davidson won a football game 91-61

It was a record-setting night for the FCS Davidson Wildcats on Thursday against the Division III Guilford Quakers.

Davidson sailed to a 91-61 win that had people wondering if basketball season was underway.

It was the second straight game in which Guilford scored 61 points; the Quakers defeated Methodist 61-35 in their opener.

Davidson has played only sub-Division I programs to open the season, but its 3-0 record under first-year coach Scott Abell is the Wildcats' best start since 2000. It also marks the first time the Wildcats have reached three wins in a season since they finished 4-7 in 2011.

"That's the most important statistic -- the 3-0 mark," Abell said. "We've really got our option going at an extremely high level. I'm not sure I've ever seen it quite like that."

Here are some key statistics in Davidson's amazing win:

• Davidson set NCAA records for total yards (964) and rushing yards (685) in a game.

• Davidson set program records for points (57) and yards (524) in a half while building a 57-26 lead at intermission.

• The Wildcats averaged 15.5 yards per play.

• Eight of the Wildcats' program-record 13 touchdowns went for at least 50 yards, and another one went for 40 yards.

• Led by sophomore Tyler Phelps, Davidson's three quarterbacks were 8-of-8 on pass attempts for 279 yards and three touchdowns.

• Five Davidson rushers had at least 80 yards and a touchdown, led by sophomore Wesley Dugger (14 carries, 186 yards, three touchdowns) and freshman Coy Williams (12-168-2).

• Senior Corey Coppola blocked three kicks for the Wildcats.

• Add in Guilford's 698 yards, and the two teams combined for 1,662 yards.

I don't care about anyone else but give me DJ. F Bryce Young, even though his line last week was filthy. He ain't even on DJ's level.

Bryce is gonna be a player though and he's a lot more popular than DJ. You don't just get Bryce Young. You get all the dudes from So Cal who love him too. DJ is a stud (who may bail on football to play baseball anyway) but he won't be the recruiter Bryce is and Bryce is plenty good himself.

Bryce is gonna be a player though and he's a lot more popular than DJ. You don't just get Bryce Young. You get all the dudes from So Cal who love him too. DJ is a stud (who may bail on football to play baseball anyway) but he won't be the recruiter Bryce is and Bryce is plenty good himself.
I feel like Bryce doesnt fit us. But then again, I've been wanting a QB like that for the longest time. His size scares me. Has the body type that doesnt look like he will grow too much.

And yes, DJ is a bigtime baseball kid. And Clemson did a GREAT job when they had him over. The only school to also put him in a baseball uniform and show him what it would like to be at that program for both sports.

I just think he's a phenomenal kid. A guy i can see as a politician. GREAT head on his shoulders. Most humble kid you'd ever meet.

Going to be in Indy tomorrow... Any recommendations on where to bring the wife and girls for dinner around Lucas Oil???

Man. I’m a believer in McGuffie. His speed is something else. SEC is on to him now. Someone from Bama was at the game tonight. You got even more competition.

And Colby is NICE. I did t realize he had THAT speed. Nice TD tonight breaking away from the D

DJ is an animal. **** everyone else. Drop all of the bags of for 2020 on him USC. Nobody else matters

Back
Top Bottom