OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Isiah Pola-Mao is out for the season with a shoulder dislocation.

USC board is making Helton jokes in the thread. I’m about ready to root for a new team.

Sheesh. TAMU got all those bands and still haven't won as much as a division title in 20 years. N41D N41D what's up with that?

JK I like TAMU. I hope y'all wash Alabama in a couple of weeks.:lol:

Sheesh. TAMU got all those bands and still haven't won as much as a division title in 20 years. N41D N41D what's up with that?

JK I like TAMU. I hope y'all wash Alabama in a couple of weeks.:lol:

:lol: They just spent the last two decades hiring Dennis Franchone, Mike Sherman, and Kevin Sumlin. What do you expect?

For all their resources, the infrastructure has never been in place to compete at a high level consistently.

The money, the focus, and the resources are finally being pointed in the right direction, in unison, for the first time ever.

A part of me gets why Texas is still at or near the top of those revenue lists & then another part of me is like how or why? Their big 3 money programs have been in the gutter the majority of this decade.

Everyone was talking about how easy Georgia's schedule was before the season but Clemson doesn't play a ranked team all year. Out of all the top 5 teams, it looks like Ohio State or Bama has the toughest path to the playoff. Overall, I think Auburn that has the toughest

Seeing Trill Grier flourish at WVU gets me heated at least once a week.

I tell myself he wouldn’t have developed as well if he stayed at UF, helps to ease the pain. Plus Mac would still be coach if Grier had success at UF....silver lining.

I mean... Mullen was 33-39 in conference at Mississippi State and won 10 games once (that Dak year where they peaked.) I get what you're trying to say, I really do, but they averaged 7.5 wins under him during his time there while playing 3 FCS schools a year.

What exactly did Dan Mullen accomplish at Miss. St? He had them ranked #1 for like 4 weeks during one year before they completely collapsed and ended the season ranked 12th (maybe their highest finishing ranking, I'm not sure)? I guess. I'm just not going to assume that translates to success at UF til I see it. We've seen that exact same movie at UF like 5 times.

And it's different. James Franklin won more games out the gate at Vandy. But maybe yeah.

Mullen is mediocre. And if he can't croot he's on the first thing smoking out of Gainesville in 2021.

I mean... Mullen was 33-39 in conference at Mississippi State and won 10 games once (that Dak year where they peaked.) I get what you're trying to say, I really do, but they averaged 7.5 wins under him during his time there while playing 3 FCS schools a year.

What exactly did Dan Mullen accomplish at Miss. St? He had them ranked #1 for like 4 weeks during one year before they completely collapsed and ended the season ranked 12th (maybe their highest finishing ranking, I'm not sure)? I guess. I'm just not going to assume that translates to success at UF til I see it. We've seen that exact same movie at UF like 5 times.

And it's different. James Franklin won more games out the gate at Vandy. But maybe yeah.

Mullen is known as being the quarterback Whisperer based on his work with Tebow, Dak Prescott and Alex Smith. A lot of the floor to Phan I know just assumed it would automatically go back to the Tebow Glory Days because he's back coaching there. It's also assumed that the reason he'll be more successful at Florida thelan he was at Mississippi State is because of the added resources and prestige that comes with coaching at UF. the assumption is that he hit a ceiling at MSU and Florida will help him take it to the next level, it's obvious now that that may not be the case.

As MVP MVP stated, Florida's biggest issue now is their lack of talent. McElwain was an awful recruiter, there's no reason that Florida shouldn't at least have the top 20 class every single year. Mullen has never been an elite recruiter. It won't matter how good of am in-game, X's and Os coach he is if he can't recruit at a top 10 level.

In my opinion, recruiting and motivation to the most important things college coaches can provide. For as great of an in-game coach and X's and O's guy as Nick Saban is, it also helps that he's fielded more talented teams than his opposition to the last decade.

To be great at UF you gotta recruit top 10 and have the coaches to get them ready, Mullen & staff can't do the former and the jury is out on the ladder.

S/o Randy Shannon leaving that defense slaw af

Last edited:
I had to double-take extra hard at this pic earlier... :lol:

Coulda swore it was Sumlin :rofl:

Attachments

• 75939A3A-2D2F-4921-8F11-239FF08169C1.jpeg
    75939A3A-2D2F-4921-8F11-239FF08169C1.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom