**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the Bay ever love KD like this?
He gone

728DD428-A18E-4D6E-944E-E4E7CB984055.jpeg

I thought this was the Big Lakers thread?

There’s already plenty to be concerned about... don’t have to lose to the Pelicans tonight to know that. This team has a variety of issues. Trading Kyrie not the answer tho

Aside from the terrible shooting, these guys just aren’t playing hard. Effort is definitely a problem...and they need to play with some heart and motivation. Not surprised our best games this season was against the Bucks, Sixers and Raptors

Nobody flinches when you say the pels should trade ad or the wizards should blow it up. I think the issue is when you look at the Celtics as contenders. If you look at them as a rebuilding team, they're doing great. 10-10 with a core of tatum brown rozier and spare parts is right where you wanna be. But when your best player is not a superstar it might be time to reevaluate the way the team is built.

Boston was a rebuilding team that got Kyrie thinking he was the missing piece. It turns out he's not but they still have the flexibility to either trade for an established star or flip his contract for more assets and continue right along with the rebuild

John Henson /Dedmon hitting and making 3s is so random I thought those guys had no chance but theyre making them decently
I am with you man.

In recent years, folks that have also made me feel that way

Aminu
Mbah Boute

Dudes that you just could never picture taking and making, just jackin.

Brook Lopez, to THIS degree, is still wild to me

Somehow it always comes back to the Lakers :lol:. But we still using per? In 2019? Really..?

"Hollinger argues that each two point field goal made is worth about 1.65 points. A three point field goal made is worth 2.65 points. A missed field goal, though, costs a team 0.72 points. Given these values, with a bit of math we can show that a player will break even on his two point field goal attempts if he hits on 30.4% of these shots. On three pointers the break-even point is 21.4%. If a player exceeds these thresholds, and virtually every NBA player does so with respect to two-point shots, the more he shoots the higher his value in PERs. So a player can be an inefficient scorer and simply inflate his value by taking a large number of shots."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom