**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sixers coming out of the East

Just need Fultz to get it together and Ben to leave Kendall Jenner. Thats not too much right

I would really like to believe this...but it's just not true.

- We need a better coach
- We need Fultz to either get it together or get traded
- We need Simmons to become a scoring threat and maybe used the right way (Coach's decision)
- We need depth at the 4

Toronto’s defensive versatility is gonna be killer.

They can throw Kawhi, Ibaka and Siakam to take turns on Giannis.

They also have Danny Green and OG to make life hell for the wings

Don't forget OG Anunoby. I saw him live going one on one against AD and he more than held his own.

OG, SIakim, Green, Leonard, and Ibaka. Lowry is also a top defensive PG.

It’s almost like he’s shooting 48% on threes this year out of nowhere after shooting 22% the past 2 years. Last year he shot 43/23 with as many turnovers as assists and poor defense, and we’re gonna act like this is how he’s been playing all along. Maybe in the games YOU SAW he was good last year, but overall he stunk both in Cleveland and Minny.

So because he wasn't good at shooting the three he wasn't a ROTATION PLAYER in the NBA... not a starter, not a heavy contributor on a championship team... a bunch of you paper shuffling dimwits said he shouldn't even be in the league anymore. Not To mention this was being stated when he was on the Knicks playing pretty decent

Clearly he's improved his game over the summer, but he hasn't made a leap large enough at damn near 30 to go from being a non NBA caliber player... to top 10 in Per on starters minutes.

It’s almost like he’s shooting 48% on threes this year out of nowhere after shooting 22% the past 2 years. Last year he shot 43/23 with as many turnovers as assists and poor defense, and we’re gonna act like this is how he’s been playing all along. Maybe in the games YOU SAW he was good last year, but overall he stunk both in Cleveland and Minny.
He had like ten games played all last season and did really good in the playoffs

I’m less worried about Giannis’ shot, and more worried about the strain that places on everyone else to make their threes, particularly Bledsoe and their 5s Lopez/Henson/Illy.

Lopez & the other bigs allow them to play 5 out if they want, so Giannis not pulling from there isn’t really an issue.... unless those guys become unreliable from out there.
This is pretty much my stance on him. His inability to shoot puts a ton of pressure on everybody else to do their jobs at an almost perfect level. Middleton is fantastic, but I'm not particularly afraid of anyone else on the roster.

Giannis is going to get his. Just have to defend everybody else tough.

I would really like to believe this...but it's just not true.

- We need a better coach
- We need Fultz to either get it together or get traded
- We need Simmons to become a scoring threat and maybe used the right way (Coach's decision)
- We need depth at the 4
A better coach fixes Fultz and Simmons. Putting Simmons at the 4 to be a point forward instead of a point guard. Letting Markelle run the offense and be a point guard. Not hard lol
Our coach/GM basically built the roster

So Brett Brown is the problem lol

Team right now has too much wings who settle for long twos and not enough guys who can get to the paint.

Right now it wont be a stretch to say even if Tatum is struggling he still has more trade value than an expiring Kyrie. Its like youre just sticking to your trade kyrie shtick

You're trading Tatum before Kyrie tho..? Trading Kyrie is the best option I can think of

So because he wasn't good at shooting the three he wasn't a ROTATION PLAYER in the NBA... not a starter, not a heavy contributor on a championship team... a bunch of you paper shuffling dimwits said he shouldn't even be in the league anymore. Not To mention this was being stated when he was on the Knicks playing pretty decent

Clearly he's improved his game over the summer, but he hasn't made a leap large enough at damn near 30 to go from being a non NBA caliber player... to top 10 in Per on starters minutes.

You don’t even know what you’re yelling about. I said he was a below average player when at the time he was.

As long as Giannis keeps improving that 15-18 jumper he straight. He don't need to be a knock down 3pt shooter as great as he is at getting to the rim and drawing fouls. He been kinda slacking at the FT this year, that's the main thing he need to improve on.

As long as Giannis keeps improving that 15-18 jumper he straight. He don't need to be a knock down 3pt shooter as great as he is at getting to the rim and drawing fouls. He been kinda slacking at the FT this year, that's the main thing he need to improve on.
Not necessarily a knockdown 3 pt shooter but if he even becomes a 30 percent shooter from 3 that's enough.

The reality of the game today is that you need as many threats from 3 as possible to stretch the floor

Giannis may not be a 3 pt shooter but as a team overall the bucks got better from 3 pt land

Last edited:
Lakers prob trade Ingram, Lonzo or Kuz before Celtics even think about moving Kyrie...

How did the Lakers come up? :lol:

If the Celtics lose to the pelicans tonite and go under 500, would that be cause for concern? What's the best way to improve that team outside of trading Kyrie who could walk for nothing next year?

2843512D-6326-4F94-A0CB-F1CB560F2D4E.jpeg

Bucks not coming out of the East when their best player isn't a shooting threat.

If the Celtics lose to the pelicans tonite and go under 500, would that be cause for concern? What's the best way to improve that team outside of trading Kyrie who could walk for nothing next year?

I thought this was the Big Lakers thread?

There’s already plenty to be concerned about... don’t have to lose to the Pelicans tonight to know that. This team has a variety of issues. Trading Kyrie not the answer tho

Aside from the terrible shooting, these guys just aren’t playing hard. Effort is definitely a problem...and they need to play with some heart and motivation. Not surprised our best games this season was against the Bucks, Sixers and Raptors

I doubt the Celtics would trade him. Dude went on record saying he plans to re-sign, has a new Nike commercial with his dad talking about having #11 in the Boston Garden rafters. I'm convinced he's re-signing. Nothing would surprise me though.

The only piece I can realistically see moving is Scary Terry.

Not necessarily a knockdown 3 pt shooter but if he even becomes a 30 percent shooter from 3 that's enough.

The reality of the game today is that you need as many threats from 3 as possible to stretch the floor

Giannis may not be a 3 pt shooter but as a team overall the bucks got better from 3 pt land

If he can be around 34-35% that would be gravy.

Okay so the Celtics only issue is they are missing open shots... Wow imagine if any other coach in the league had to deal with those issues :lol::lol:.

the team is a bottom 12 offense, bottom 10 in pace.... but it's Just them missing open shots. Now all of a sudden It's Not brad's job to put the ball in the basket for them, but when the players are succeeding or he's getting the most out of a player who underachieved elsewhere... suddenly it's all the wizardry of Brad Stevens & his playcalling. When things aren't clicking it's only the fault of the players.

200.gif

Brad Stevens is the best coach in the league to me but this is true. :lol:

If I give him credit for taking that team to the ECF w/o their 2 allstars last year he gotta take some heat for having all this talent and underachieving right now.

Half those wins are due to Jimmy Butler so nah

And we still lost to the Cavs

I'm mad you typed a logical response to that nonsense. :lol:

I doubt the Celtics would trade him. Dude went on record saying he plans to re-sign, has a new Nike commercial with his dad talking about having #11 in the Boston Garden rafters. I'm convinced he's re-signing. Nothing would surprise me though.

The only piece I can realistically see moving is Scary Terry.

I still wouldn't be surprised if Kyrie went to the Knicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom