**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sixers coming out of the East

Just need Fultz to get it together and Ben to leave Kendall Jenner. Thats not too much right

Serge played him pretty well two years ago in the playoffs and is having a semi resurgence this year so i had to include him

Giannis would still get his stats but its gonna be hard against this raptors team

Serge was 31 and Giannis was 21.

I just think having serge out there takes away from him protecting the weak side and that’s not what you want. Then again, there’s no much weakside help if lopez is shooting from the side line hash

Gotta see it to believe it w/the bucks. Giannis is 5/45(!) on 3's this season.

We'll really see how much of an impact Bud has made w/the bucks come playoff time. Can he coach around that? Your best player, against elite defense, when offense slows down and **** gets boggled down, we'll see.

I think Toronto and Philly are the two teams who are most likely to come out of the east, at least right now.

We'll really see how much of an impact Bud has made w/the bucks come playoff time. Can he coach around that? Your best player, against elite defense, when offense slows down and **** gets boggled down, we'll see.
He did get smoked in the playoffs all those ATL years too. Maybe it was the Bron effect but it still happened

As long as he has space to get to the rack, he’ll be fine. It’s not like Henson is occupying dunker with another shaky shooter on the wing. Them days are over

Also why is nobody sending any blame Stevens way for having this team severely underachieving.... Now i understand teams take time to build chemistry & intergrating new pieces etc etc... However nobody else seems to get the benefit of doubt, & as of now he's sitting at .500 with easily the second best collection of talent in the league.

Nobody as in who though? Media? I've seen a handful of people in this thread alone throw blame his way.

He did get smoked in the playoffs all those ATL years too. Maybe it was the Bron effect but it still happened
It was absolutely the Bron effect. Also didn't have a player close to Giannis on those squads. Apples and oranges.

He's not the problem but he is the problem. How else are they gonna improve? He can't be your best player..
Team right now has too much wings who settle for long twos and not enough guys who can get to the paint.

Right now it wont be a stretch to say even if Tatum is struggling he still has more trade value than an expiring Kyrie. Its like youre just sticking to your trade kyrie shtick

As long as the bucks shooters do their job and hit their shots when they're open, Giannis will be fine.
He just needs a little bit of daylight and it's a dunk.

If the shooters suddenly start choking then it's a different issue.

I’m less worried about Giannis’ shot, and more worried about the strain that places on everyone else to make their threes, particularly Bledsoe and their 5s Lopez/Henson/Illy.

Lopez & the other bigs allow them to play 5 out if they want, so Giannis not pulling from there isn’t really an issue.... unless those guys become unreliable from out there.

Again the blog Boyz said he wasn't even a rotation player in the NBA anymore

It’s almost like he’s shooting 48% on threes this year out of nowhere after shooting 22% the past 2 years. Last year he shot 43/23 with as many turnovers as assists and poor defense, and we’re gonna act like this is how he’s been playing all along. Maybe in the games YOU SAW he was good last year, but overall he stunk both in Cleveland and Minny.

I’m less worried about Giannis’ shot, and more worried about the strain that places on everyone else to make their threes, particularly Bledsoe and their 5s Lopez/Henson/Illy.

Lopez & the other bigs allow them to play 5 out if they want, so Giannis not pulling from there isn’t really an issue.... unless those guys become unreliable from out there.

This is true, but I basically don't trust Bledsoe and their 5's when it comes to making 3's at a high enough clip come playoff time. I do agree w/the spacing increase that Giannis w/have come playoff time.

It’s almost like he’s shooting 48% on threes this year out of nowhere after shooting 22% the past 2 years. Last year he shot 43/23 with as many turnovers as assists and poor defense, and we’re gonna act like this is how he’s been playing all along. Maybe in the games YOU SAW he was good last year, but overall he stunk both in Cleveland and Minny.
I thought he was gonna be good/decent this year after watching him in the playoffs he was really good then

Team right now has too much wings who settle for long twos and not enough guys who can get to the paint.

Right now it wont be a stretch to say even if Tatum is struggling he still has more trade value than an expiring Kyrie. Its like youre just sticking to your trade kyrie shtick

The settling for bad shots wouldn't be as bad if 1) They were making their open shots and 2) Most importantly, their best player was making more 3's and free throws.

The Lebron situation was perfect for Kyrie's skillset. Just hard to win when your best player is averaging 22ppg and can't get to the free throw line or generate 3's.

John Henson /Dedmon hitting and making 3s is so random I thought those guys had no chance but theyre making them decently

Okay so the Celtics only issue is they are missing open shots... Wow imagine if any other coach in the league had to deal with those issues :lol::lol:.

the team is a bottom 12 offense, bottom 10 in pace.... but it's Just them missing open shots. Now all of a sudden It's Not brad's job to put the ball in the basket for them, but when the players are succeeding or he's getting the most out of a player who underachieved elsewhere... suddenly it's all the wizardry of Brad Stevens & his playcalling. When things aren't clicking it's only the fault of the players.

200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom