**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And as lame as KD being lame is, he’s being talked about everyday and the old adage is there’s no such thing as bad publicity.

KD does sensitive things, makes the game look easy and destroys lebron yearly. It’s the circle of life at this point.
And yet cause of his persona isnt looked at in the same class as curry and lebron with the marketing money

And yet cause of his persona isnt looked at in the same class as curry and lebron with the marketing money

What is he? Third in ranks of popularity? 3rd in endorsements money?

It’s not that bad even with the bad hair, no wife and children and overall moodiness. He was top 5 in jersey sales.

What is he? Third in ranks of popularity? 3rd in endorsements money?

It’s not that bad even with the bad hair, no wife and children and overall moodiness. He was top 5 in jersey sales.
I think OKB said it best the only all time great without stans

I found it comical because I was thinking about how funny it is the lengths that folks, especially NTers, will go to in order to discredit LeBron. Just when you think there isn’t anything left, they always find something new. It’s gonna be sad when he retires because I don’t see any of the other current or potential superstars being as polarizing as him.
I’m a big fan of LeBron, the post I made was not that deep. As a fan I get mad everytime I remember the 2011 Finals and how he didn’t show up.

NBA will do fine when he is gone. Everyone said the same about MJ retiring, another star will come to the light.

Like what though?

No one can guard him.
He’s been killing the tech space.
Waves ain’t mean to be.

Might as well feed the trolls. It’s not that much of a big deal to me. Lame? Of course. Lebron snaps selfies and listens to music while filming himself. These dudes are just as uncool as the rest of y’all

Listening to music vs hiding behind a fake account to defend yourself...

KD ain't even having fun with the online ****. Somebody like Embiid (even though I think he's a clown too) is at least having fun with it. KD is just letting people get under his skin for nothing.

Listening to music vs hiding behind a fake account to defend yourself...

KD ain't even having fun with the online ****. Somebody like Embiid (even though I think he's a clown too) is at least having fun with it. KD is just letting people get under his skin for nothing.

Let's be real KD doesn't dunk on anyone or pull from half court.. He left one team with a PG that tries to dunk on everyone.. and went to another team with a PG that pulls up from just inside the half court line..

What're his fans gonna say.. "Man .. KD just scored the most efficient 30 PTs last night" or "Man.. KD's turn around J was wet last night"

Soo... Instead they're like ... damn!!! KD out here defending himself with burner accounts..
All greats have some sort of controversy surrounding them

Lonzo has a ton of haters but honestly that is 100% on LaVar. Without Var, he probably doesn’t even get drafted at #2 and he’s just considered another suspect lottery pick. But with LaVar’s hype train and the drafting team being the Lakers, it was a recipe for disaster. Who/were are his fans these days?

The reason why I find the Lonzo situation fascinating is because all DLo did was break up an engagement with immature action and acted somewhat Hollywood but was decent to good on the court when he played and fans were calling for him to be traded. Zo is putting up air balls, horrendous misses and anemic stat lines while bringing his sideshow of a father and still being somewhat Hollywood yet fans are saying to wait on him and give him time. Trump level hypocrisy IMO.

As the biggest Dlo Lakers fan on the board this is false. Lonzo has been a better player than Dlo through 2 years. Air balls and horrendous misses don’t concern me. Zo as a low usage defensive point guard who knows his his role is a lot more conducive to immediately winning than waiting for Dlo to develop. I love Dlo but he’s still a weak defender and he still needs to improve his decision making on offense (although he’s getting a lot better).

Where you are correct is that some of the fans that were on dlo’s neck consistently would be fanning themselves and constantly updating this thread with videos/highlights if Lonzo was putting up dlo’s current stat lines. But fans in general are pretty stupid so I don’t mind much. Like you said, I’m not even sure Lonzo has many stans anymore.

Covington's help defense slider set to 100

Positions himself baseline to seal off the drive...and he's actually running back towards his man before the kickout even happens.

Had perfect timing on the help over here

I think his defensive iq on where to position himself is off the charts. Not just guarding his man but he's constantly picking up his teammates slack too. No wonder Thibs is playing this man 40 minutes lol

Last edited:
Idk man, feels like Chris is missing some steps. I think you have to get ready first, and at some point have a present status of ready..before you can stay ready..

Melo should really stop being stubborn cut a little more body fat for longevity sake. Like look how lean Vince is.

Covington's help defense slider set to 100

Positions himself baseline to seal off the drive...and he's actually running back towards his man before the kickout even happens.

Had perfect timing on the help over here

I think his defensive iq on where to position himself is off the charts. Not just guarding his man but he's constantly picking up his teammates slack too. No wonder Thibs is playing this man 40 minutes lol

First Team All-Defense

I was serious, I find it funny how every season it’s something new.

Lonzo has a ton of haters but honestly that is 100% on LaVar. Without Var, he probably doesn’t even get drafted at #2 and he’s just considered another suspect lottery pick. But with LaVar’s hype train and the drafting team being the Lakers, it was a recipe for disaster. Who/were are his fans these days?

The reason why I find the Lonzo situation fascinating is because all DLo did was break up an engagement with immature action and acted somewhat Hollywood but was decent to good on the court when he played and fans were calling for him to be traded. Zo is putting up air balls, horrendous misses and anemic stat lines while bringing his sideshow of a father and still being somewhat Hollywood yet fans are saying to wait on him and give him time. Trump level hypocrisy IMO.

Even without Lavar, Lonzo was getting drafted high. I truly believe this, but obviously I can’t prove it.

The funny thing about the Dlo thing is that he didn’t break up the engagement. The girl dropped Nick Young when she found out he got his baby mom pregnant again behind her back . But at that point the story was gone and it looked like he broke up a couple.

And the hypocrisy comes from the fact that Laker fans never wanted Dlo as their pick that year. They wanted Lonzo though.

I was serious, I find it funny how every season it’s something new.

DLo situation is what we know of... from what leaked to the media. Think about the things be probably was doing.. that got covered up by the organization and his team... Like what DLo did was leak blackmail material he recorded of a teamate.. The ramifications of that alone..

Lonzo situation is similar to JKidd I think it wasnt until Kidd was traded to PHX did his game reach another level. He isn't getting the PT.. it's clearly going to take two more seasons of focusing primarily on shooting for him to get a consistent J.. but he also has a brand to build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom