**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
2009-10 Cavs winning %: .744
2010-11 Cavs winning %: .232

2009-10 Heat winning %:.573
2010-11 Heat winning %:.707

2013-14 Heat winning %:.659
2014-15 Heat winning %:.451

2013-14 Cavs winning %:.402
2014-15 Cavs winning %:.646

Remember though: It's not that simple. This wasn't just because of LeBron. There were all kinds of different factors. The 2010-11 Cavs were a COMPLETELY different team. In addition to LeBron, they also lost a 35 year-old Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Delonte West. The 2018-19 Cavs are a COMPLETELY differen team: They lost Jeff Green and Jose Calderon.

Sure, it just happens to be that each of the three times LeBron left, his team from the previous season became significantly worse and the team he went to became significantly better, but is it really that hard to believe that this is nothing more than a coincidence, 3 straight times? I mean, there are people in the world who have won the lottery more than 3 times.

paccigar_zps0b50c6f2.png~c200

Schedule makers are weird man. Celtics randomly having 4 days rest in between games and are currently in the middle of a 14 game stretch of their season where they have to travel to a different city for every game.

Schedule makers are weird man. Celtics randomly having 4 days rest in between games and are currently in the middle of a 14 game stretch of their season where they have to travel to a different city for every game.

I know it’s not an easy job and there are a bunch of factors they have to consider, but they still regularly create parts of schedules that make no apparent sense...

Does DBD hold the record for most bans and attempted come-backs? My man would not stay away...

Hoiberg's chance of succeeding with the Bulls was never high. Front office decided to add Rondo and Wade etcc.....when they should've gone young and started the rebuild early. You trade jimmy and get some good pieces, but even the front office semi-acknowledges that they prefer to tank. So then we start the season strong and win like 8 out of ten games, which totally kills any chance of us getting a top 3 pick. WCJ has been solid though. Anyway, Paxson pretty much says he wants to tank again this season, and injuries help with that. Hoiberg was never gonna win more than 25 games this year . So now they fire him and replace him with Jim Boylen, who isn't given the interim tag...hes the new head coach of the Chicago Bulls. Nice guy I bet, but hes not gonna do anything either. And now, some of our injured players are coming back, which is gonna mess up the tank train again. It's obvious Gar Foreman and Jim Paxson should've been fired as well, but thatll never happen. My Bulls will never see an NBA finals again in my lifetime.

Schedule making is a very tough gig. They have to balance a lot of factors. Some teams share their venue with other sports teams and they also have to factor in when venues are being used for other things like concerts, award shows, etc. They never get it 100% right, but all things considered they do a great job

I don't understand these losing teams firing their head coaches. Once the new coach bump is gone after a couple of games, these teams almost always go back to losing.

Are they fighting these coaches just so they can tell their fans in the media that they did something?

the bulls have been starting some random fan named Ryan arcidiacono, I don’t think it’s freds fault :lol:

Raptor fans, how are they resting Kawhi? I’m debating buying tickets to the nuggets vs Raps on the 16th but won’t if there is any chance he will be resting.

Fred Hoiberg and GarPax are friends. I wouldn't be surprised if Fred low key asked them to put him out of his misery lol

The bulls were expecting to win games with that team? Odd firing

That's the thing, before the season reporters asked Paxson if the Bulls were ready for the playoffs (albeit squeaking in to the 8th seed) and he was like whoa whoa whoa, slow down. Front office wasn't trying to win games this year.

Hoiberg lost when he let Zach Bryant wave him off without calling a timeout last week.

It was time Hoiberg was let go. Players never liked and or respected him and he was never a good coach. Time to bring in someone likeable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom