**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y’all gonna make me dig up my old posts proving that GSW had below average-to bad attendance until they strted making the ayoffs. Almost always finishing behind the awful Clippers. Give me a second...

-EDIT-

Found one of them

22076344-C322-424D-8009-99173A05C285.jpeg

Quality over quantity lil man

Was always one of, if not, the loudest stadium in sports.

Who TF cares when people started being fans of a team? The warriors were selling out regularly, before the rings. Every team in the league sees higher attendance with success, that's how success works.

HIM HIM begs to differ

Y’all gonna make me dig up my old posts proving that GSW had below average-to bad attendance until they strted making the ayoffs. Almost always finishing behind the awful Clippers. Give me a second...

-EDIT-

Found one of them

The fact that they’re were in the late teens/low 20s in attendance during the Adonnel Folye, Eric Dampier and Antwan Jamison era is actually impressive :lol:.

So the Lakers had no huge fanbase during the showtime era? You're maybe talking about a what 4 year stretch between when Magic retired and Shaq came in when some bandwagon ppl left. Rest of us likely just getting into basketball around 97. It's not like we never had any fans and then all of a sudden a 'Lob City' selfie hanging clown franchise comes in. Our baseline fanbase has always been the biggest maybe outside of the Knicks. We're the premiere franchise in the league.

And the Lakers still had better ratings and attendance in the dark ages when lob City was at its peak. Clipper fans were rooting for the bobcats when Cory maggette left

Lakers been cheeks in the social media era

Key word "been". The social media era started over the last few years. Warriors just got a fan base outside of the bay in the social media era.

How did Trae look last night? :nerd:

I'm wanna see how bad he gon get from 3. Got damn. I still think he nice though. Rookie PG struggling, he'll improve. These people shouldn't have been hyping him like that though, calling him the next Steph.

-EDIT-

Found one of them

Also you're wrong. Check ESPN

2006 - they were 10th, not 14th
2007 - 14th
2008 - 6th
2009 - 9th
2010 - 11th
2011 - 10th
2012 - 10th

So between 2006-2012, when they made the playoffs only once, look at the attendance. How many games did they win after bdiddy left?

So the Lakers had no huge fanbase during the showtime era? You're maybe talking about a what 4 year stretch between when Magic retired and Shaq came in when some bandwagon ppl left. Rest of us likely just getting into basketball around 97. It's not like we never had any fans and then all of a sudden a 'Lob City' selfie hanging clown franchise comes in. Our baseline fanbase has always been the biggest maybe outside of the Knicks. We're the premiere franchise in the league.

Yeah, you’re going off on a point I didn’t actually make. I was pointing out that bandwagon fans are not unique to the Warriors and the Lakers have plenty of them. Never suggested the Lakers don’t have a large group of fans that have been there through the good times and bad.

Last edited:
The fact that they’re were in the late teens/low 20s in attendance during the Adonnel Folye, Eric Dampier and Antwan Jamison era is actually impressive :lol:.

That’s what people say...but we were trotting out wang zhizhi, bobby simmons, and chris wilcox and finishing ahead of them. We must have the best fans in all of sports then :lol:

That’s what people say...but we were trotting out wang zhizhi, bobby simmons, and chris wilcox and finishing ahead of them. We must have the best fans in all of sports then :lol:

That’s cause you’ve been finesssing dates for 15 years with your $25 courtside tickets
601D763B-A837-4ECC-84BA-48021673ADE1.png

So we can all just agree Kobe's statement regarding Warriors' fans is off base

It's not though. Warriors didn't have this new national following before this era. Lakers always have. Like the Cowboys and Yankees.

Yeah, that’s how some of us feel about Lakers’ fans shouting about 16 Ringzzz when they weren’t paying any attention to the team before Shaq and/or Kobe...

What are you talking about?

The Nick Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Cedric Ceballos Elden Campbell era was full of 17,505 sell outs at the forum. That was a playoff team prior to Shaq/Kobe.

By what metric were people not paying attention to the Lakers?

Do you mean that there were literally daily give aways for Clipper tickets to games at the sports arena because nobody was interested in watcing Loy Vaught? :lol:

Maybe you're referring to a short 2 year stretch after Magic but even then, the lakers bottom line wasn't struggling.

Maybe you couldn't get a signal on PrimeTicket or KCAL9 over in Mar Vista??
Not only that.

Lakers fans on here are different, mostof y’all still watched the team the last 4+ years. But I have friends who literally watched 5 games max the whole season for 4 straight years because the team wasn’t good. Now they’re hitting me up talmbout going to a bar for a regular season game. And these are the same ones posting things on social media talmbout “where were all these clipper fans before cp3?” Or my favorite, “Warrior gang all day! #CaliLove”

I hate the people I know in real life when it cones to sports :lol: :smh:

Your friends are outliers. Lakers fan base is loyal.

Laker fans on here are no different from the ones outside of NT for the most part.

Also you're wrong. Check ESPN

2006 - they were 10th, not 14th
2007 - 14th
2008 - 6th
2009 - 9th
2010 - 11th
2011 - 10th
2012 - 10th

So between 2006-2012, when they made the playoffs only once, look at the attendance. How many games did they win after bdiddy left?

2009 - won 29 games
2010 - won 26 games
2011 - won 36 games
2012 - won 23 games

looks pretty impressive how they were filling all those seats without doing too much winning...

First off, you wont get an argument from me regarding the Lakers being the Man United or Yankees of the NBA. They have had an international following for a long time.

Where Kobe is off base, is his implication that Warriors fans had a weak fan base before their dynasty. They came out of nowhere? I mean thats what dynasties/stars do. They attract new fans. But it's not like most Warriors fans are bandwagon. That's ridiculous.

It's not though. Warriors didn't have this new national following before this era. Lakers always have. Like the Cowboys and Yankees.
False. Lakers didn't have a National following post magic to shaq/kobe rings

So like 1991 to ~2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom