**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clippers approach seems familiar

200w.gif

When the New York Knicks hired Royal Ivey, one of Durant's best friends, away from the Oklahoma City Thunder to be an assistant coach this season, it was just assumed to be a part of a future Durant appeal. When the Los Angeles Lakers signed Michael Beasley, a friend of Durant's since they were in high school, it happened without fanfare because things like this are now expected.

But even by these modern standards, the Clippers' pursuit is still a little revolutionary. Raptors officials have noticed a Clippers employee at roughly 75 percent of the team's games thus far this season. Clippers officials say they've been at less than 50 percent of Leonard's games. There have been games they attended where Leonard rested. That has included president of basketball operations Lawrence Frank, which is rare. Presidents and general managers are almost never seen attending a game that doesn't involve their teams.

The Clippers, it seems, closely watch every Raptors and Warriors game this season. Even though they are having a terrific season of their own -- experiencing the rare joy of expectation-free success in the NBA -- the Clippers are rather transparently obsessed with chasing Kawhi Leonard and Kevin Durant in free agency next summer.
I dont expect any less from the Clippers.

I mean ......
20181212_092854.jpg
revolutionary.

Last edited:
Reactions: HIM

I’m naturally against players who are gift wrapped stardom but Bron deserved the coronation.

Starting a LeBron debate and IDC.

Honestly, it sounds like him today just younger, guy had mad poise for being so young.

:lol: at "starting". Lebron talk never stops in here.

Mirotic Randle duo is a 118 def rating :sick:

When their big 4 is on the floor

118 off rtg
105 def rtg

Pels just gotta survive and get to the playoffs outside of facing gsw in the first round. They can compete if they get there

Just how much of that MVP award does CP3 Deserve from last Year? Because James Harden is putting up really similar numbers to last year, chris on the other hand is struggling and the team is looking completyely different.

And surely it couldn't be the loss of guys like Ariza & Luc who i was told didn't make much of a difference on that team. CP3 deserves 50% of that MVP :emoji_speaking_head:
Only mvp award Cp3 deserves is this one

7AEB4297-EED4-4B1A-8316-72FED859E100.jpeg

I see you guys are off to a good start this morning...

Simmons just put up a new KD pod. Will give a listen today.

Suns players been trying to handle Igor. I remember during the Heat game, Josh Jackson threw a bad lob and immediately turned to Igor and yelled "that's not my fault" lol

That Clippers article is funny as ****.

All jokes aside, I think they have the best shot at Leonard right now. The Lakers are gunna blow their load on KD and won’t do anything til KD makes a decision. It would make sense for the Clips to put the full court press on Leonard while the Lakers wait for KD.

What doesn’t make sense, is pitching them both to play with each other. Especially coming from Windy. Financial obligations aside, KD and Leonard still got beef from when KD called Leonard a system player. Windy (the author of the article) was JUST on the hoop collective this week talking about there’s still a lot of bad blood between the 2 & then he drops this article a day later lmao.

The thought of trying to get them both is so dumb. So the idea would be that Kd or Leonard don’t want to be under Bron’s shadow for the Lakers, but that they’d be willing to help each other and be each other sidekicks for LA’s B team under the shadow of the Lakers? Does that makes sense to anyone else lmao? Clippers would be better served with going hard at 1 over trying to woo both and then striking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom