**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
KYLE KU... NI... MOTHERF...
tenor.gif

Donovan Mitchell's stalled passing game
I've hit Zach LaVine in this space for his middling assist-to-turnover ratio, so it seems fair to point out that Mitchell has 81 assists and 65 turnovers. He's averaging just 3.2 dimes per game -- fewer than last season, and a disappointment even if Mitchell plays a ton next to a pass-first point guard (Ricky Rubio) amid an equal-opportunity offense.

Mitchell sometimes careens into the lane with his mind made up -- he's going to shoot, dammit -- only to pick up his dribble, realize he hasn't beaten his guy, and heave some desperation pass into the hands of a waiting defender.

All of this is typical of young players. Think of how high these standards are: We nitpick LaVine, Mitchell, Caris LeVert, Jaylen Brown, Jamal Murray, Devin Booker and so many others for either taking too long to get rid of the ball or getting rid of it too soon.

Making those reads in real time is the NBA's highest art. It requires a second-by-second mapping of nine other humans in motion -- and the brainpower to think one step ahead of them.

It is hard to win 50-plus games while asking a second-year guy to do that as the undisputed alpha on offense, unless that guy is young LeBron or Chris Paul. Mitchell will be fine. He hasn't regressed. He has better vision and feel than most of those other guys. But his sophomore stagnation is a reminder: The NBA is a tough league.

The era we as fans are in now would be calling a majority of all stars frauds or worse during their second seasons from previous decades

But again it starts with the over hype to begin with

Mitchell still the goods

The only child "phenom" that I'm pretty sure will end up a major prospect is Emoni Bates. Just played his first high school game last night....32 and 12.

Oh I remember this kid.

Has highlights from when he was in 6th grade.

Still looks the same, just a lot faster and more coordinated now. Even at 14, he's had a lot of time to get used to his height.

That franchise should’ve been banned from receiving first picks for a ten year period after this one. SMH.
I said this in the Knicks thread.

"It be nice if the league gave us one like the gave the Cavs when Lebron left, 3 times. They just ****ed up those picks something serious.

Instead of Tristian Thompson 2011
Kemba
Klay
KL
Jimmy Butler

Instead of Deon Waiters 2012
Damien Lillard

Instead of Anthony Bennett 2013
Freak

Instead of Wiggins 2014
Embiid

Imagine a team
Lillard
Kyrie
KL
Freak
Embiid

Dang ... obviously this probably wouldnt have happen because they would of have been a better team, but good lord, they didnt even get anything besides Kyrie."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom