**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not like anything in this article is false though.
Of course you would back that foolishness. Like the nba ain’t dominated by Americans, and it will continue to be. The fact that you think as a American that a better brand of ball is played overseas is comedy. FOH.

I seen Steven a Smith saying a few weeks ago that fultz has some demons and off the court issues that he needs to get under control. Wonder what's that's all about... And then theres the story about his mom and the cameras. Wonder ifnthereif more going on the public dont kno

It's not. But there's literally nothing new here. No news, no new insight, just a reiteration of everything that went wrong in a timeline.

This was a useless article .

Yeah I mean they definitely know anything involving the Fultz mystery will get clicks at this point.

Random: Mark Cubans comments about the US development system are so dumb, he acts as if every European dude plays like Luka.

The reality is the US system consistently produces more creative and dynamic players than Europe,

European players are usually more disciplined and better at playing withing a system probably because they've been getting cursed at in Serbian by cigarette smoking 65 year old coaches and doing two a day practices since they were like 15.

and european players tend to be a little bit better at passing because soccer playing euro countries love great passing, BUT, im sorry, breaking down your man, being a dynamic creative attacker, is harder to teach and getting guys to play in a system is way easier.

Also it's natural that European players seem more skilled, but thats just natural selection, not the development systems in Europe.

think
because basketball tends not to be the most popular sport in these countries, basketball isn't getting the best athletes, rather its getting dudes who are less athletic, or were too big to play soccer.

So naturally if you are a non elite athlete, how are going to make it to the NBA? You need to make up for it with skill. So just off pure natural selection the european guys who make it to the league are going to have elite insticts+skill level because they wouldn't have made it to the league without it.

take a look the european draft guys who actually are good athletes or have premium physical tools. Mario Hezonja, Jonas Valanciunas, isaiah hartenstein, Dante Exum, ect ect, even a dude like Kristaps who can shoot, is a terrible passer.

all these guys are less skilled, you know why? because when you are a high level athlete, you don't NEED to be highly skilled to dominate youth competition.

Also one more thing, great pasisng isn't worth anything if you can't put the defense in conflict.

Dragan Bender was a great passer as a prospect, turns out that doesn't matter when you aren't a dynmic one on one player.

I bet you Dragan Bender would have been a better player if he was in the AAU system.

Lol the US don't develop players

Random: Mark Cubans comments about the US development system are so dumb, he acts as if every European dude plays like Luka.

The reality is the US system consistently produces more creative and dynamic players than Europe,

European players are usually more disciplined and better at playing withing a system probably because they've been getting cursed at in Serbian by cigarette smoking 65 year old coaches and doing two a day practices since they were like 15.

and european players tend to be a little bit better at passing because soccer playing euro countries love great passing, BUT, im sorry, breaking down your man, being a dynamic creative attacker, is harder to teach and getting guys to play in a system is way easier.

Lol none of this is true. Players learning to attack defenses dynamically over here happen in spite of a lack of a developmental system, not because of it.

45706107-3BAF-4B66-9166-4096FBD77421.png

Westbrook is averaging a triple double again. I dont get the hate.

He's doing some good things this year, and good for him for deferring to PG for the sake of the team... but I mean, you better defer when you're shooting 42/24/61. Tyreke Evans is the only high usage player in the league who's been less efficient than Russ. You know you're inefficient when your TS% is lower than Trae Young's.

44B417E5-7026-45F8-BF0E-CDFBAA5D66E4.jpeg

While I think Cuban's remarks were to the extreme there is a valid point to be made. I would personally love to see the athletic talent in the U.S. get a solid decade of fundamentals drilled into them before being NBA draft age. We've all seen amazing athletes wash out because of not being able to actually play the game of basketball. For every one we could name that made the draft and then was gone within two years there are thousands that didn't even get that far in the process because of not having a solid foundation.

Tons of kids out there who have crews of people close to them telling them they have it all and not making them practice. Then when it's time to put the rubber to the road the kids are not far enough in their development and it is too late to catch up for most of them.

The day we put in an academy system here look out.

The assumption that the super athletic aren’t skilled is baffling. Of course there are going to be ultra athletic guys that are just that but that isn’t anything new.

AAU surely isn’t perfect but kids are getting the required skill development and it’s showing in the league

Lol the US don't develop players

Lol none of this is true. Players learning to attack defenses dynamically over here happen in spite of a lack of a developmental system, not because of it.

It is in fact 100% true.

Informal practice has been proven to produce more creativity and dynamism, it's the reason why the Chinese no matter how hard they try can't drill kids into becoming soccer stars, informal practice breeds creativity.

and AAU is informal, and you play a billion games. perfect place for kids to develop that nasty cross over, or that spin move that you can't teach.

an unstructured environment where you have play tons and tons of games is a great place to foster creativity and dynamism on the basketball court.

I watch FIBA youth tournaments every year and it's always the same, euro teams are more structured but lack dynamism and creativity.

Son is playing the best he's ever played. Gordon Hayward should holla at him for some tips on how to work yourself back after suffering a bad injury. He can be PG's student.

Only thing that will help WPG is time. We’re 4 years removed from PG’s injury and he looks like he’s finally back to peak form.

I don’t think WPG will look normal until 2 seasons from now. He’ll have random spurts this season but he’s reacclimating and getting his timing back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom