**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being a jerk but what do you think Brown can do differently with that roster? Especially late in the 4th

Watch the difference between the Sixers and Celtics offence. Most of the Boston's baskets were good shots and open shots (like the one where Tatum was wide open under the rim) where the Sixers were literally all difficult shots, Butler with a one-legged fadeaway, Embiid shooting while triple teamed etc...

The only game plan I see Brown doing is:
- Ben standing on too doing nothing until he sees a shooter on the wing
- Pick and role with a combo of JJ/Butler and Embiid/ Simmons
- Move the ball around the 3pt line

That's it. His offense is so predictable that its easy to plan against.

He can't adjust based on the game. He has his minutes set, and game plan set before tipoff and does not change it no matter what.

27ytsmu.png

Not sure what Brett Brown is supposed to do with this.

Here’s the thing with Ben Simmons. He’s good enough to where he’s going to make your team really good, but his limitations make it where it’s easy for some of the top teams in the league to gameplan against him. A combo guard that can guard both guard positions and shoot from outside and allow him to mostly be in a PF role instead of full-time PG is the only way we’re winning a championship with him.

Also can’t have his backup PG be another non-shooter.
That sounds like some guy we have on the team lol obviously without the outside shooting lol

Would be hilariously ironic and so Sixers if Colangelo knew this and made that trade for this exact reason lol

That sounds like some guy we have on the team lol obviously without the outside shooting lol

Would be hilariously ironic and so Sixers if Colangelo knew this and made that trade for this exact reason lol

Oh I know. This is the exact reason they drafted Fultz. So if he magically shows up as College Fultz reincarnated by the end of the season then it would be amazing. But we need that exact version of him basically for it to work.

Oh I know. This is the exact reason they drafted Fultz. So if he magically shows up as College Fultz reincarnated by the end of the season then it would be amazing. But we need that exact version of him basically for it to work.
I agree and its also ****** up that Simmons is so flawed and refuses to work on his flaws that you need players with a specific skill set just to build around him

I do think if the rehab is working, he could go back to his original shot. All the tweaks done was to be able to play with the injury rather than fixing it

Here’s the thing with Ben Simmons. He’s good enough to where he’s going to make your team really good, but his limitations make it where it’s easy for some of the top teams in the league to gameplan against him. A combo guard that can guard both guard positions and shoot from outside and allow him to mostly be in a PF role instead of full-time PG is the only way we’re winning a championship with him.

Also can’t have his backup PG be another non-shooter.

Sounds just like College Fultz. :frown:

Watch the difference between the Sixers and Celtics offence. Most of the Boston's baskets were good shots and open shots (like the one where Tatum was wide open under the rim) where the Sixers were literally all difficult shots, Butler with a one-legged fadeaway, Embiid shooting while triple teamed etc...

The only game plan I see Brown doing is:
- Ben standing on too doing nothing until he sees a shooter on the wing
- Pick and role with a combo of JJ/Butler and Embiid/ Simmons
- Move the ball around the 3pt line

That's it. His offense is so predictable that its easy to plan against.

He can't adjust based on the game. He has his minutes set, and game plan set before tipoff and does not change it no matter what.

Ehhh you can’t compare Boston’s offense to Philly due to personnel. Boston never has anyone on the floor that can’t make a 3. Even when Smart is out there, they’ll throw him in as the dunker with everyone else on the perimeter. Simmons can’t play the dunker with Embiid posting up b/c the spacing is messed up.

27ytsmu.png

Not sure what Brett Brown is supposed to do with this.

Exhibit A.

Simmons and Stringer both playing dunker. Embiid can’t cook with this.

Maybe can you run high pnr with string/Embiid and tuck Ben as a dunker but these dedicated post ups ain’t happening with this roster. Can’t blame coach

Bird Box was weak as hell.

Almost all Netflix movies just feel kinda unfinished/half assed to me.

I just watched bird box last night and yeah, most Netflix movies seems unfinished, I wonder if it's because Netflix allows full creative freedom and doesn't get involved with that.

Ehhh you can’t compare Boston’s offense to Philly due to personnel. Boston never has anyone on the floor that can’t make a 3. Even when Smart is out there, they’ll throw him in as the dunker with everyone else on the perimeter. Simmons can’t play the dunker with Embiid posting up b/c the spacing is messed up.

Exhibit A.

Simmons and Stringer both playing dunker. Embiid can’t cook with this.

Maybe can you run high pnr with string/Embiid and tuck Ben as a dunker but these dedicated post ups ain’t happening with this roster. Can’t blame coach

Yes you can, just watch last year's Sixers and how it was easy to game plan against them too.

I've been saying this forever, Brown is the same tier as Casey and Brooks where he makes his team play hard and believe in the direction, but he's not good with adjustments, Xs and Os, and being that upper tier coach that all championship teams need.

Only way a coach can fix Philly's late game ugly offense is to just not play Simmons the last 3 mins. Other than that, you can't change much.

Only way a coach can fix Philly's late game ugly offense is to just not play Simmons the last 3 mins. Other than that, you can't change much.

Nah Ben is awesome in the post when he wants to be aggressive and is excellent as a roll man, so you can play him like that. You just can’t have him dribbling the ball up the court/at the top of the key in the final moments of games or else it’s almost impossible for his teammates to get an easy look against the top defenses.

Thought you was done with him and hated him and his mother.

It’s been documented nationally now that his mom is part of the problem. As far as Fultz...as I said...if he MAGICALLY shows up as College Fultz again then it would solve a lot of the Sixers problems. But if he’s still the guy that we’ve seen over the last year then I’m allll the way done with him.

Nah Ben is awesome in the post when he wants to be aggressive and is excellent as a roll man, so you can play him like that. You just can’t have him dribbling the ball up the court/at the top of the key in the final moments of games or else it’s almost impossible for his teammates to get an easy look against the top defenses.

So you want the paint crowded with Embiid, Simmons and their defenders? It's not gonna look good against good teams.

Maybe. But Brown would never do that.

Their stuck tryna figure this out cuz if you did take Simmons out it gives them more defined roles late in games. Run through Jimmy and Embiid.

This just ain't good from your starting PG. Whether he's a Point Forward or not.

So you want the paint crowded with Embiid, Simmons and their defenders? It's not gonna look good against good teams.

Their stuck tryna figure this out cuz if you did take Simmons out it gives them more defined roles late in games. Run through Jimmy and Embiid.

This just ain't good from your starting PG. Whether he's a Point Forward or not.

I've already said Simmons/Embiid wont work with Simmons as a non shooter. Embiid knows this. Brown knows this as a lot of Ben's "best" minutes are without Joel. But the elephant in the room isnt being addressed.

Sixers faults are not on Brown, like addict4sneakers addict4sneakers mentioned, that roster is terribly flawed come playoff time.

Look at where Ben is standing as Jojo is trying to roll off of a PnR w/Butler

Screen Shot 2018-12-26 at 8.57.10 AM.png

Blows up the entire play, and this ended up as a turnover.

Sixers faults are not on Brown, like addict4sneakers addict4sneakers mentioned, that roster is terribly flawed come playoff time.

What’s funny is I think Embiid could at least throw the lob to Ben or shoot a push shot like Steven Adams does. But even then Grant shoots 3s.

This play looks a lot better than what they tried to do in the 4th

What’s funny is I think Embiid could at least throw the lob to Ben or shoot a push shot like Steven Adams does. But even then Grant shoots 3s.

A good PG can get that quick to Jojo who can either push shot it, lob it to Simmons or something.

Him out of PnR is at least better than this, which is what I think you were saying

Screen Shot 2018-12-26 at 9.03.07 AM.png

Joel can’t pass the ball to Ben. It’s not in his DNA

6ers should trade Simmons for Ingram/hart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom